Chapel House Motor Company Limited Advertising Banner
Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Thread: Staff at saints town centre shop

Starting A Programme Collection Lygase's Avatar

hhmmm, now my experience has a happy ending, but the rest is very frustrating......

Grandparents bought me the grey 'gameday hoodie' in mind december (we all know how old folk like to be prepared lol) for an xmas present, wrapped it up that weekend, after taking the booklet of labels off, one of which had the price on, then stashed the top till xmas. Xmas day comes, i open it and try it on and it's too big (i'm normally a Large) and it had a knick in the hood. Obviously I couldn't return it till after xmas/new year. Upon finding the shop had reopened i took the top back to return it, regrettably without the tags, but it's happened before and Saints have never had any probs. Took it to the lady behind the counter and told her it had a knick in the hood and that it was too big, and i wanted to swap it for a smaller one, told her about the missing tags and she didnt seem too concerened, so i went to the back of the shop, picked up a medium, and went back to the counter to exchange it. It was now i experienced the sheer ignorance of this particular woman who accused me of wearing, and subsequently damaging the top, then going on to accuse me of washing it! Obviously you can guess i was none to impressed and immediately dismissed her accusations, and told her i want to swap it. She then said the manager had been in and concurred with her 'analysis'. I then explained to the manager (whom i'd requested come out of hiding and speak to me directly) that it was too big and hadn't been worn, and that the knick was there as soon as i opened it up, he said to me, it smells like it's been worn, and washed..... which it hadn't, it'd been purchased and stored since the 15th of Dec, how is it supposed to smell??? anyway to cut a very long story a little shorter, i had to have a slanging match with the manager in the store front in order to get my top exchanged, the manager was a little hesitant to believe me at first, but i continued explainng myself (which I didn't expect to have to do so in such length) until he decided to give me the exchange and sent my top back to ISC.
    In the end, a satisfactory result, but a poor way of getting there, accusing customers of wearing, damaging, washing, then attempting to deceive by returning the top, to his credit though, the manager used his discretion (and eventually common sense) and i left happy, so it's not all doom and gloom at the town shop, just as is the case with many shops, there are the useless, ignorant staff, then there are the folk like the manager, who converse with customers, and use common sense and their discretion to solve the problem, for me, eventually, i'd give the shop a 7/10 overall

Starting A Programme Collection geordie saint's Avatar

We have found the staff nothing but extremely helpful, as we order a lot to be sent up to the north east. And the odd time we go directly into the shop, its been ok too. Just ask for Chantelle in the shop, she really goes out of her way to help people
    Finally living in St Helens, after relocating from the North East. And im loving it

I have usually found the staff unwilling to be polite, but on the occasions I have had a conversation with them they have been polite.
    St Helens Openwater Swimming Society

Looking out from the top of Table Mountain

My dream job would be to manage Saints store. No joke.

Being a retail bod (and I'm sure Shakey will back me up on this one) it isn't an easy job. Quite often you are in the firing line of someone who couldn't give two shiny sh*ts whether something is your fault or not.

You can go out your way for a million people, and one person can take the wrong view on something you say or do, whether you aim to p*ss them off or not.

I've never had a problem at Saints. Whenever there has been an issue, we have resolved the situation quickly enough.

There are improvements to be made, clearly, but it doesn't deserve the bad press the vocal minority give it.

In The South Stand Paul Newlove's Avatar

Never really used the shop in town that much mainly the one at the ground.Most staff have always seemed helpful and I agree with the above post about Christine,very helpful. However there has been one member of staff at the ground (won't say what sex) who I have found to be quite rude and abrupt not just with with me but other customers whilst I've been waiting, a real attitude problem!,the look of utter disgust you get as if you've p*ssed on their living room carpet...seriously though manners cost nothing.

Got A Replica Shirt SaintsGirls's Avatar

Agree with the comment about Chantelle , can't fault her she's always willing to help.. also the young lad who seems to print the shirts, last year my daughter wanted Eastmond on a shirt which stated couldn't have more than 7 letters.. he took one look, said leave it with him and sorted it.. no probs.. one very happy daughter!

Can however understand where some people are coming from, have had a few occasions myself that I might have well been invisible... and saying that I worked in retail for 7 years and no matter what mood you are in you cannot take it out on the customers.. however they come across to you!!

In The South Stand

Quote Originally Posted by Lygase View Post
    hhmmm, now my experience has a happy ending, but the rest is very frustrating......

Grandparents bought me the grey 'gameday hoodie' in mind december (we all know how old folk like to be prepared lol) for an xmas present, wrapped it up that weekend, after taking the booklet of labels off, one of which had the price on, then stashed the top till xmas. Xmas day comes, i open it and try it on and it's too big (i'm normally a Large) and it had a knick in the hood. Obviously I couldn't return it till after xmas/new year. Upon finding the shop had reopened i took the top back to return it, regrettably without the tags, but it's happened before and Saints have never had any probs. Took it to the lady behind the counter and told her it had a knick in the hood and that it was too big, and i wanted to swap it for a smaller one, told her about the missing tags and she didnt seem too concerened, so i went to the back of the shop, picked up a medium, and went back to the counter to exchange it. It was now i experienced the sheer ignorance of this particular woman who accused me of wearing, and subsequently damaging the top, then going on to accuse me of washing it! Obviously you can guess i was none to impressed and immediately dismissed her accusations, and told her i want to swap it. She then said the manager had been in and concurred with her 'analysis'. I then explained to the manager (whom i'd requested come out of hiding and speak to me directly) that it was too big and hadn't been worn, and that the knick was there as soon as i opened it up, he said to me, it smells like it's been worn, and washed..... which it hadn't, it'd been purchased and stored since the 15th of Dec, how is it supposed to smell??? anyway to cut a very long story a little shorter, i had to have a slanging match with the manager in the store front in order to get my top exchanged, the manager was a little hesitant to believe me at first, but i continued explainng myself (which I didn't expect to have to do so in such length) until he decided to give me the exchange and sent my top back to ISC.
    In the end, a satisfactory result, but a poor way of getting there, accusing customers of wearing, damaging, washing, then attempting to deceive by returning the top, to his credit though, the manager used his discretion (and eventually common sense) and i left happy, so it's not all doom and gloom at the town shop, just as is the case with many shops, there are the useless, ignorant staff, then there are the folk like the manager, who converse with customers, and use common sense and their discretion to solve the problem, for me, eventually, i'd give the shop a 7/10 overall
    Simple solution to this mystery - your granddad had been wearing your hoodie before they gave it to you

Learning All The Songs

Quote Originally Posted by Wizards Sleeve View Post
    Over the last few years I've had umpteen bad experiences with the unhelpful staff of our great club. However, over Christmas, a girl from the shop phoned me at home, asked a few questions about my order, advised me of how many packages there were, when they will be sent and when I should expect them. She was very polite and helpful and thanked me for my order. I couldn't have asked for more. I nearly fell off the toilet. And what's more. They all arrived when she said they would.
    If it's mail order then your are dealing with Chantelle - she is excellent.

Banned

Generally speaking my experiences have been less than satisfactory. I think there is a girl in there who does a good job if you have the fortune to be served by her, but a lot of the other staff often display the manners of a guttersnipe.

In The West Stand

Quote Originally Posted by Spider Ski View Post
    My dream job would be to manage Saints store. No joke.
    I'd hire you, it would increase profit margins no end.

Got A Season Ticket a holy saint's Avatar

to keep a pleasent persona up every day is really difficult and every naw and then we all let ourselves down, so I think some of you could be a little more patient.
    I never go to the shop I always buy my concerned via the computer. Chantelle is who deals with my orders and she is brilliant! She even gave me advice about buying tickets for the weekend event in cardiff.
    Hope she gets the credit she deserves, a nice lady.
    :saint:
    Frome the Holy One

In The West Stand

ok ok, we get it now. Chantelle is ace.

In The North Stand With All The Old Folk Scouse Don's Avatar
    Blatherings on That Saints podcast.Back home in St.Helens and in the South stand for service

Her's a better idea......make Chantelle the manager ?
    Learned comment from The Don

Quote Originally Posted by johnnyl View Post
    Yep, He would make a fortune selling people imaginary shirts

Starting A Programme Collection geordie saint's Avatar

my fiancee emailed her manager as she went above the call of duty on an order we placed. ever since then we only order through her. Her manager emailed us back and Chantelle got great recognitionfor her service, eg chasing orders on her day off from home. Like he said lots of people are quick to complain ( and rightly so by the way ) but not enough people go out of their way to send an email to credit an excellent, above nomal expected level service
    Finally living in St Helens, after relocating from the North East. And im loving it

I had to go back into the shop this morning to exchange something and to pick another order up. I had no problems. While waiting for my order to be sorted etc. quite a few people came into the shop and were served by other members of staff. The staff were very polite curteous and helpful to the customers. For every negative post on here there is always a good one to be found. People post on here about bad experiences and then others come on to back them up etc. Few if any posters come on and praise the staff when they have been helpful etc. because they have been satisfied. There must be lots of customers who don't come on the message boards who have had experiences of one kind or another. Next time I go into the shop and they are helpful I think I will start a thread about the good helpful experience I have just had in the Saints shop.

Got A Season Ticket

Very interesting that this appears now, what you may not know is that as soon as the stadium shop closed the staff were moved into town and the town staff let go so the fact that it seems as though the bad service has moved from ground to town is because the staff have moved.I have recently been talking to a member of the old town staff and they are not happy at the way they were treated in fact he has stated he cannot now even think of being a supporter of the club in any way and will just support saints by watching the scores, he will put none of his money back into a club that has backstabbed him and the other staff

Got A Season Ticket

I find the shop to be very hit and miss, some days good,somedays friggin awfull. but the thing is as a customer service all days should be good

In The West Stand

Quote Originally Posted by The Chair Maker View Post
    Yep, He would make a fortune selling people imaginary shirts
    precisely what I was getting at

He could branch out to the "emperors new rugby ball" "the emperors new Saints DVD's" and the "emperors version of the 2011 season tickets".

An absolute goldmine.

Quote Originally Posted by johnnyl View Post
    Meh.

Banned

civility costs nothing! an old saying comes to mind "It's nice, to be nice!" as shop staff, being polite is a must, i for one would take my staff to task for such appalling behaviour. We all understand and appreciate that not all customers are polite too! but they are the people who are doing the buying, without them, No shop, No shop=No job come on you shop assts please be nice. p.s. when i collected my season ticket i was served by a very polite woman who i would assume to be about my era, if one can do it - surely the younger versions of humanity can?

In The West Stand

Quote Originally Posted by oldshep1960 View Post
    p.s. when i collected my season ticket i was served by a very polite woman who i would assume to be about my era, if one can do it - surely the younger versions of humanity can?
    can I assume that this too was Chantelle as shee seems to be the only good one in there according to popular belief.

In The South Stand Saints-Crusaders's Avatar

I've never had a problem with the staff in the shop...even the ones that came over from the KR shop. Always been polite and quite chatty
    KNOWSLEY ROAD 1890-2010. A part of history soon to be no more...the place that meant so much to so many people. Farewell old lady, forever in our hearts.

Quote Originally Posted by oldshep1960 View Post
    civility costs nothing! an old saying comes to mind "It's nice, to be nice!" as shop staff, being polite is a must, i for one would take my staff to task for such appalling behaviour. We all understand and appreciate that not all customers are polite too! but they are the people who are doing the buying, without them, No shop, No shop=No job come on you shop assts please be nice. p.s. when i collected my season ticket i was served by a very polite woman who i would assume to be about my era, if one can do it - surely the younger versions of humanity can?

Ah! that would be Helen she is always very polite and very helpful.

Starting A Programme Collection itwillalwaysbewithme's Avatar

I have a number of negative experiences. It's mainly the staffs total lack of interest and the attitude of the staff.

My other half is manager of one of the shops in town and She says every time we go there She would sack the lot of them if they was Her staff lol.

There needs to be a definate change.
    itwillalwaysbewithme

Always your year