Chapel House Motor Company Limited Advertising Banner

Thread: George Ashcroft RIP

Starting A Programme Collection Legendary Supporter's Avatar

Default George Ashcroft RIP

I am deeply saddened to learn of the passing of one of Saints' most loyal supporters and servants, George Ashcroft.

George was a gent in the truest sence. He lived for his family and loved his Saints. He looked after many Saints players in the dressing rooms along with Jack Coatsworth and Ronnie Wright in an era prior to Stan Wall and treated the players like they were his own.

I am so glad that I could call George my friend. It is men like George, who has worked at Saints for over 50 years, with sereral of his roles in a voluntary capacity, that imho should be rewarded with a 'Life Membership' of the club.

George always supported me and encouraged me to work at the club. I will deeply miss him and would like to send my deepest condolences to his family. George served Saints to the end at Knowsley Road and sadly won't be there as Saints reach their new Stadium. RIP George!

http://www.saintsrlfc.com/news/2945

Learning All The Songs

RIP George - sounds like a true Saint

I knew George, he was so established as one of KR's fixtures and fittings it seems appropriate that they go together. Rest In Peace.

R.I.P George.

I cannot think who he was off the top of my head. There are so many familiar faces at matches but we do not know all their names. I often wonder on these threads whether I know these people by sight or not.

Wherever possible it would be good to have an accompanying photo.

As you say sounded like a true Saint and not a bad innings.

As, has already been said "A true Gent". I remember George when he use to help Frank Platt when I was playing for Saints "B" in the late 1970's/early 1980's.

George always had a smile on his face and it was a pleasure to have known him.

RIP GEORGE
    St Helens Openwater Swimming Society

Looking out from the top of Table Mountain

Quote Originally Posted by RedVee Admin View Post
    I knew George, he was so established as one of KR's fixtures and fittings it seems appropriate that they go together. Rest In Peace.
    I too knew George and his family a true gent if ever there was one. As you say a fixture and fitting at KR and very appropriate that they go together. Rest In Peace George. Gone but not forgotten.