Chapel House Motor Company Limited Advertising Banner

Thread: Player Interviews

Learning All The Songs Two Wheeled Saint's Avatar

Default Player Interviews

Shamelessly stolen from Gary Schofields Tweet.
    http://richarddelariviere.co.uk/?page_id=139

Bobbie Goulding Interview;-
    Will Paul Sculthorpe be your assistant?
    Scully hasn’t got back to me so I’m going to go down another avenue.

Connolly
    By the time you were next in the final, you were a Wigan player. Do you still get the Judas stuff from Saints fans today?Yes! I was at the JJB the other week for the game against Saints. I got there a couple of hours before kick off, hardly anyone around but as I walked past some Saints fans, they waited until I’d gone past and started shouting all that stuff. It doesn’t bother me but the truth didn’t come out at the time. St Helens sold me. It wasn’t my choice to leave them and join Wigan. I was playing with the Bulldogs in Australia in 1993 and my manager called to say he’d been told I’d been sold. At the time I couldn’t come out and put the record straight because it might have sounded like I didn’t want to play for Wigan. Because I knew I wasn’t at fault, I totally underestimated the strength of the feeling among the St Helens’ fans. My dad used to organise a bus from the local pub to Saints’ games and when I left the club I went along on it one day. Word got round the ground that I was in the stadium and that’s when all the Judas stuff began! I remember when I first turned up at Wigan, Andy Platt came to thank me because it would take all the heat off him because he’d made the same move. Likewise when Brett Goldspink joined us from Saints in 1999 I thought the same thing might happen but, no, I was still the Judas when we went to Knowsley Road!