Chapel House Motor Company Limited Advertising Banner
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: bets for this season

Starting A Programme Collection danny82007's Avatar

Default bets for this season

Just put £20 on bradford to win super league at 40/1 definately. Thought it was worth a bash returning 800. They have made some awesome signings this year with
    Diskin
    Chev walker
    Shad Royston
    Raynor
    Hargreaves
    Elima,
    Shaun ainscough
    add them to good players they already had like Orford Kearney lynch le-strange Scruton. There going to be up there at least I feel.

Learning All The Songs Dynamite Don Brennan's Avatar

That's twenty notes you'll never see again!

In The North Stand With All The Old Folk Scouse Don's Avatar
    Blatherings on That Saints podcast.Back home in St.Helens and in the South stand for service

You been drinking Danny ?
    Learned comment from The Don

i dont think so for some reason they've got this look about them that i like with potter coaching keep this thread till october an review it then? Who do use fancy?

I didn't think you could be as bad as anything else than you are at making songs up.

I was wrong. Very wrong.

In The North Stand With All The Old Folk The Wee Waa Womble's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by danny82007 View Post
    Just put £20 on bradford to win super league at 40/1 definately. Thought it was worth a bash returning 800. They have made some awesome signings this year with
    Diskin
    Chev walker
    Shad Royston
    Raynor
    Hargreaves
    Elima,
    Shaun ainscough
    add them to good players they already had like Orford Kearney lynch le-strange Scruton. There going to be up there at least I feel.
    Awesome signings? Average more like. They now have a solid squad with a bit more experience. They are still nowhere near the standards of Saints, Wigan, Leeds, Wire, Huddersfield, Hull FC or Hull KR. They still don't have a single player I would take to Saints. 8th place is about the best you could hope for.
    Forwards win games. The backs decide by how much.

Quote Originally Posted by The Wee Waa Womble View Post
    Awesome signings? Average more like. They now have a solid squad with a bit more experience. They are still nowhere near the standards of Saints, Wigan, Leeds, Wire, Huddersfield, Hull FC or Hull KR. They still don't have a single player I would take to Saints. 8th place is about the best you could hope for.
    I'd have Bryn. He could play rugby for Saints too.

Got A Season Ticket

if we can stay nearly fully fit no one should be able to touch us quality squad this year quality backs quality props why cant we win the lot with a coach with pedigree like we have coming in and the talent in our squad i think we will be untouchable.

Quote Originally Posted by badlydrawnsaint View Post
    if we can stay nearly fully fit no one should be able to touch us quality squad this year quality backs quality props why cant we win the lot with a coach with pedigree like we have coming in and the talent in our squad i think we will be untouchable.
    Said every year since 1999

Banned

haha

Learning All The Songs

Quote Originally Posted by bazdev View Post
    haha
    Simmons out, Potter back.....

Banned

A little overconfident perhaps - I can't see anyone being "untouchable" come the playoffs. There won't be much in it if Saints and the Pies are both at strength and on form when it matters, but history suggests they're more likely to be in that position than we are... All things being equal I'd back Saints to finally break the hoodoo next year, but there won't be that much in it and luck with form and injuries will ultimately decide the "Champions" more than anything else.

Starting A Programme Collection Ell Saint Blues's Avatar

Diskin
    Chev walker
    Shad Royston
    Raynor
    Hargreaves
    Elima,
    Shaun ainscough
    Did Orford not return to Oz?
    TRY rugby league at Blackbrook Royals : http://www.blackbrookrugby.co.uk/

Got A Season Ticket Wizards Sleeve's Avatar

8th place is about the best you could hope for.
    Unfortunately 8th place is all they need. As long as they win their last 4 games, the boy's quids in.
    Born in St.Helens (Lancashire). Live in Hull. Probably die in Hull if I keep wearing this Red Vee.

Banned

You never see a bookie with bike clips. With bets like this I can understand why.

Quote Originally Posted by Ell Saint Blues View Post
    Did Orford not return to Oz?
    Not yet. He wants to go, bradford don't want to let him without sizable compensation for the remaining 2 years of his contract.

Learning All The Songs The Hoss's Avatar

Diskin
    Chev walker
    Shad Royston
    Raynor
    Hargreaves
    Elima,
    Shaun ainscough
    Pffft.. I'll open my own bookies... Give me £20 and ill give you 100/1

Bradford have signed average players such as - Diskin, Walker, Hargreaves, Elima and Raynor. Poor player in Ainscough.
    Chad Royston is there only "above average player" they've signed. I think they'll just scrape into the PO's this year.

However, im a betting man, and my £20 is on Wigan at 9/4

Last time i checked Saints where 3/1 2nd Favs which is a decent shout, but, i think, if we get another injury hit season we'll struggle, if we dont and keep our big players fit, we'll be there or thereabouts again.
    St. Helens RLFC.... Its your team... And your team needs YOU! :saint:

Learning All The Songs The Hoss's Avatar

Not yet. He wants to go, bradford don't want to let him without sizable compensation for the remaining 2 years of his contract.
    Cant blame Bradford... Another Aussie coming over and thinking the grass was greener on this side of the world. He'll be going back Australia, no doubt about it, but who ever get him may have to compensate uptp £200k.
    St. Helens RLFC.... Its your team... And your team needs YOU! :saint:

Quote Originally Posted by The Hoss View Post
    Cant blame Bradford... Another Aussie coming over and thinking the grass was greener on this side of the world. He'll be going back Australia, no doubt about it, but who ever get him may have to compensate uptp £200k.
    Probably thought "Hmm, bradford, they win things and have good players." Obviously hasn't been paying attention to SL for the last 6 seasons.

In The North Stand With All The Old Folk

This is a team that has failed to make the 8 the past two seasons. All they have done is reverse the decline and brought in players that will get them back on an even keel. Top 8 shouldn't be a problem for them, but that is hardly an achievement these days. Going through the Play-Offs from outside of the top 4 is highly unlikely, but 6th is as high as they'll be I reckon and so although they'll improve and be competitive they've not got much chance of making the GF unless they shock us and finish top 4.

Diskin
    Chev walker
    Shad Royston
    Raynor
    Hargreaves
    Elima,
    Shaun ainscough
    You have a strange definition of "awesome". Not even the most blinkered Saints fan would describe Bryn as awesome. As for the rest, there's only really Diskin who is anything like awesome. Raynor can't tackle and was let go by Hull. Walker couldn't hack it at HKR nor Ainscough at Wigan or any other club he was loaned out to. Royston looked good in the championship but is unpeoven at this level. Elima has been average at every club he has been to. If Saints has signed any of these next season there would be much criticism on this forum. Compare Bradford's signings with LMS/Shenton/Perry or even Wigan's Aussie signings and you get some idea of where Bradford will finish. Or is your tongue stuck firmly in your cheek?

Got A Season Ticket

well im backing us there aint no better squad 4 top quality props if you include pulutua as a propplenty of talent at centres with shenton flannery and soliola ,hopefully a fully fit pryce and eastmond, roby playing more from the start plus the youngsters that come through last year, i can see us doing very well this year, no potter maybe a bit more of a passing game other than the barge up the middle we have had for the last two years could have done with a speedy winger coming in but we should get by.

Got A Season Ticket Wizards Sleeve's Avatar

well im backing us there aint no better squad 4 top quality props if you include pulutua as a propplenty of talent at centres with shenton flannery and soliola ,hopefully a fully fit pryce and eastmond, roby playing more from the start plus the youngsters that come through last year, i can see us doing very well this year, no potter maybe a bit more of a passing game other than the barge up the middle we have had for the last two years could have done with a speedy winger coming in but we should get by.
    Agree 100%
    Born in St.Helens (Lancashire). Live in Hull. Probably die in Hull if I keep wearing this Red Vee.

Diskin
    Chev walker
    Shad Royston
    Raynor
    Hargreaves
    Elima,
    Shaun ainscough
    Haha.

You might as well have given it to me. I'm in need of it, I'm a student!

here's another one, james roby MoS at 30/1 ????? or if you fancy a really good bet down under Sam burgess is at 50/1 for dally M