Chapel House Motor Company Limited Advertising Banner
Page 48 of 48 FirstFirst ... 28384445464748
Results 1,176 to 1,185 of 1185

Thread: Old king cole and the new footie season

Learning All The Songs Barney Rubble's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Talk some sense! View Post
    Come off it will you!

He's been immense over the season and has pretty much held what has been an ever changing back 4 together.

As Alan Hansen said himself last week Nemanja Vidic is by far the best centre back in the league and has been a rock all season. That's an ex liverpool stalwart saying that, not praise that in my opinion should be taken lightly.

Next you'll be saying Sir Alex hasn't deserved it too!
    I've no doubt he's a good defender.. but, player of year ? Nah.

Hansen also said you win Nowt with kids !.. can't argue with taggart winning managers award at all.
    And on the eighth day he created The Saints and he said " Go forth and entertain !"

In The West Stand Talk some sense!'s Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Barney Rubble View Post
    I've no doubt he's a good defender.. but, player of year ? Nah.

Hansen also said you win Nowt with kids !.. can't argue with taggart winning managers award at all.
    Ok why not player of the year and if not him who?

Defenders and goalkeepers thesedays very rarely get recognition for their efforts and it's the goalscorers/flair players who get the accolades. nemanja Vidic has been a tower of strength for us and has done just as much for us in terms of winning the title as say hernandez/nani have in an attacking sense.

Learning All The Songs Barney Rubble's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Talk some sense! View Post
    Ok why not player of the year and if not him who?

Defenders and goalkeepers thesedays very rarely get recognition for their efforts and it's the goalscorers/flair players who get the accolades. nemanja Vidic has been a tower of strength for us and has done just as much for us in terms of winning the title as say hernandez/nani have in an attacking sense.
    I would say rooney or nani before vidic. Like I said, he is a good defender, but IMO, if those two I mentioned wouldn't have been in the form they was, then you wouldn't have finished top. I think vidic can be covered at utd, whereas those two can't.
    And on the eighth day he created The Saints and he said " Go forth and entertain !"

I would say rooney or nani before vidic. Like I said, he is a good defender, but IMO, if those two I mentioned wouldn't have been in the form they was, then you wouldn't have finished top. I think vidic can be covered at utd, whereas those two can't.
    Perhaps i'm biased having watched every one of our games this season but we are nowhere near the same team without Vidic, ferdinand can be covered imo with Smalling but Vidic is not only a great defender but a leader of men. I would actually say that Nani can be covered easier than Vidic.

In The North Stand With All The Old Folk DD's Avatar
    Newton-le-Willows; East Side of the Fence.

Quote Originally Posted by Reacher View Post
    Good post mate but DD won't let it lie!
    That's because my point is right!
    THIS YEAR LENDING SUPPORT TO:- St. Helens RLFC, Manchester City, Celtic, Alemannia Aachen, Steps 1 to 6 Non-League Football

Wasn't United's best run of the season through the period when Rooney was significantly out of sorts?
    THIS YEAR LENDING SUPPORT TO:- St. Helens RLFC, Manchester City, Celtic, Alemannia Aachen, Steps 1 to 6 Non-League Football

Quote Originally Posted by DD View Post
    Wasn't United's best run of the season through the period when Rooney was significantly out of sorts?
    In theory yes, we went a long time unbeaten but we've only looked to be a dangerous team since Rooney has come into form in my opinion. His partnership with Hernandez was key for us and that has really only flourished in the latter half of the season.

Just for something different....which 2 teams are joining West Ham in going down?

Havent watched much of Utd recently, but from what i've seen this Hernandez love-in that is going on is a bit of a joke. He isnt half the player Berbatov is (who incidently i think has been treated poorly by slur alex) and from what i've seen they have rather been in the same team than 'linking up' together.

I wouldnt want to wish relegation on any team and really felt for West Ham last week. Sadly 2 others have to go and it really is soooooo unpredictable. I can see Blackpool getting something, but that still might not save them. Wigan have produced some good displays recently and seem to be really making a fight of it so could see Brum and or Blackburn in trouble come 6pm tomorrow.
    The past was yours but the future's mine,
    You're all out of time.

Birmingham are definitely going. Spurs need to win to avoid the Fair Play fiasco and they aren't going to want to come back to pre-season training next week. I can see them losing by more goals than Blackpool lose at United which puts them below the Tangerines.

Then it's between Blackpool and Wigan. If Wigan lose, they'll go but I don't think they will. Stoke look knackered now and I'd be surprised if Wigan didn't get a point at least.

The only way Wolves and Blackburn will be in danger is if two teams below them win. That isn't going to happen.

Therefore - Birmingham and Blackpool.

Quote Originally Posted by wabo View Post
    Havent watched much of Utd recently, but from what i've seen this Hernandez love-in that is going on is a bit of a joke. He isnt half the player Berbatov is (who incidently i think has been treated poorly by slur alex) and from what i've seen they have rather been in the same team than 'linking up' together.

I wouldnt want to wish relegation on any team and really felt for West Ham last week. Sadly 2 others have to go and it really is soooooo unpredictable. I can see Blackpool getting something, but that still might not save them. Wigan have produced some good displays recently and seem to be really making a fight of it so could see Brum and or Blackburn in trouble come 6pm tomorrow.
    You know I always thought you talked sense but now am not so sure.

You admit to watching little of Utd yet feel bold enough to say that Berbatov is the better player? Utter tosh.

Hernandez has been the signing of the season, an absolute snip at 6m. He is a natural finisher and Utds form of late has been largely because of his combination with Rooney. He is 21 playing his first season in the PL and has scored 20 goals in all competitions despite not starting every game. He has been phenomenal and will get better and better.

His movement, touch and finishing have been exceptional. Anyone who knows their football will tell you that. Indeed the Scousers to be fair have said so almost to a man.

I would never have Berbatov over him