Chapel House Motor Company Limited Advertising Banner

Thread: Phil Taylor

Starting A Programme Collection

Default Phil Taylor

What a legend. anyone see his 9 darters last night? awesome

Quote Originally Posted by dazza View Post
    What a legend. anyone see his 9 darters last night? awesome
    he never ceases to amaze me , imagine the odds you'd have got on him hitting 2 9 darters . he has got to be a contender for bbc sports personality if he does a clean sweep this year
    Mr. Mojo Risin'

The guy is an absolute freak. To win 15 titles in 20 years is simply phenomenal. To have the mental strength and concentration to do what he does year after year is staggering. The other week I was in the gym and Rod Harrington (commentator from Sky Sports darts for those who don't know him) came in. I got talking to him and asked him did he have any good tips for the 2010 WDC. He told me to save my money as Taylor is a freak and is more or less unbeatable. I think he is right.

In The North Stand With All The Old Folk DD's Avatar
    Newton-le-Willows; East Side of the Fence.

The one hope is that James Wade pushed him all the way despite Taylor's unbelievable show.

Trouble is, Wade leaves his throwing hand at home everytime it comes to the PDC.

Taylor will never be equalled and the only way he can lose is by playing less than his best. It's a shame because darts has never been so popular but it's going to start dropping off soon unless we get some new winners.

Three or four years ago, it looked like he was in decline but two consecutive PDC losses only succeeded in breeding a monster that is far better than even the previous version was.
    THIS YEAR LENDING SUPPORT TO:- St. Helens RLFC, Manchester City, Celtic, Alemannia Aachen, Steps 1 to 6 Non-League Football

Quote Originally Posted by DD View Post
    The one hope is that James Wade pushed him all the way despite Taylor's unbelievable show.

Trouble is, Wade leaves his throwing hand at home everytime it comes to the PDC.

Taylor will never be equalled and the only way he can lose is by playing less than his best. It's a shame because darts has never been so popular but it's going to start dropping off soon unless we get some new winners.

Three or four years ago, it looked like he was in decline but two consecutive PDC losses only succeeded in breeding a monster that is far better than even the previous version was.
    You say that, but then look at the emergence of Whitlock this year. There will no doubt be others like him. The other point Harrington made to me was that Wade's game had dipped because Helen Chamberlain is a control freak and he is under her thumb. Maybe he has started to tell her where to go now as he has improved of late.

In The North Stand With All The Old Folk Blobbynator's Avatar

Magic arrows from Taylor. Two 9 darters in a final is super special. On the whole he deserves it as he hasn't lost a Premier League match all year, drawing just two and winning the rest.

Wade and Whitlock are good challengers though and will be around for a while. I was disappointed Baxter didn't make the Semi's in the end, he's always good value, but a bit hit and miss.
    Quote Originally Posted by Despondent Dave
    Blobby is a man of style, panache and impeccable taste

Got A Season Ticket saint mully's Avatar

And another title tonight. What a legend he is, 67th major title, dwarfs Tiger Woods' 14 lol !

A bit disappointed by the performance in final tonight by Anderson but don't think anyone can beat The Power atm.
    [CENTER]
    100% League
    0% Union

ST HELENS - SUPER LEAGUE CHAMPIONS... AND STILL THE MOST SUCCESSFUL CLUB OF THE SL ERA!

taylor wins his 11th matchplay in 17 years after beating barney 18-12. a pretty comfortable week for phil no one was really close to him bar last night though you always knew he wouldn't get beat. next up the european championships on thursday live on bravo.

In The North Stand With All The Old Folk Scouse Don's Avatar
    Blatherings on That Saints podcast.Back home in St.Helens and in the South stand for service

Is'nt The Power a big Saints fan ?
    Learned comment from The Don

the monster finally gets beat. lewis beat him, anderson came close to beating him as well so there's some hope we may have a new world champion though I get the feeling Saturday's defeat will make him that bit hungrier.