Chapel House Motor Company Limited Advertising Banner
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Time to go Pryce

Banned

Default Time to go Pryce

I don't like to criticise our own players but I have seen enough of Leon Pryce. He had a very poor season last year, often not looking interested. Even when he does look interested he is so greedy often wasting opportunities to set up a try because he wont pass.
    Tonight sums up last season, he did not look interested. Lets pack him off to union and give one of the kids a chance. Rather have someone putting a bit of effort in that that waster.

Fair point...Pryce hasnt done a thing since the day he avoided prison. Its a fact that Pryce and Eastmond cant and dont play together. Eastmond is our future.......Pryce is way past his sell by date......Bye Bye Leon ......and take Adey Gardner with yer

In The North Stand With All The Old Folk The Wee Waa Womble's Avatar

Pryce can f*ck off right now if thats how he is gonna play this season. I'd rather have Wheeler at 6 because at least he would give his all for the shirt every minute he played.
    Forwards win games. The backs decide by how much.

Got A Season Ticket

Pryce should play centre,Soliola second row and wheeler stand off.

Mr Potter you have no idea!!!

When I saw this thread, I thought I was on the Warriors forum.

Must be a family thing!

Potter has gotta go.....look what he has turned our team into.....last time we had a decent game was the fifth round of the Challenge Cup at Leeds.......

Bold..yer right on with the Wigoon thing....they hate Karl Pryce with a passion

His performance was poor, as were a number of other players.

Tonight he needed to step up and assume responsibility to direct the team around, and help young Eastmond. As it was, he gave away a penalty by roughing up Longy. Longs immediate response was to put Hull in for a try.
    Later he was weak in defence and let hull in for a try.

Pryce is an outstanding runner, but he is not a stand off.

I left the match thinking of alternative options.
    Playing Wheeler at SO would result in a very inexperienced halfback pairing and isnt ideal, but may be worth a gamble.
    Scott Moore could go scrum half and allow Eastmond to go stand off. That would give us more organisation in the middle.
    Alternatively Wilkin could play Stand off.

Starting A Programme Collection saint jimbo's Avatar

Pryce came here to be a star and play 6, a shirt mr Pryce you no longer deserve jog on pal.
    COME ON YOU SAINTS!!!

Any chance any swap deals with other superleague clubs,but would want him on his recent performances.

Learning All The Songs

Got slatted on here a year ago for saying pryce was not a 6.Wheeler to 6 ,Lomax to full back,Wellens sub,Pryce to centre if he's lucky,Soliola to second row.Some our experienced players looked disinterested,they only want to play with the sun on there backs.

He just carried on where he left off last season, as the biggest waste of oxygen in Super League. He might be on the pitch but he's certainly no intention of taking part in the game. It's about time they stopped paying him for doing nothing.

He came he with the big ego "im a stand off, play me there".

Biggest load of bollocks.

Never a stand off in a million years.

Has a decent step and some pace, but a half back he will never be.

Starting A Programme Collection

has the ability but hes either not being motivated by potter , hes unhappy, or hes bone idle and cant be arsed, whatever it is the support is fast running out of patience with him.hes on a good wage and my grandma would put in a more gritty , more determined performance than he put in tonight.
    Come on leaon......we know you can do it in a top side lets see you do it in a struggling side!!!!.....we need you now more than ever.

Agreed, he's not a natural 6, but has a step and some pace off the mark, but since around april 2009, he hasn't produced at all.

When the chips are down you look to your big earners, your experienced players and when we need him most he always goes missing.

A friend said before kick off tonight, it won't be hard for Pryce to go missing in this weather, he wasn't wrong.

Thing is its the 1st game of the season, Hull had a tough work out in pre-season against Hull KR so maybe a little more battle hardened than us at the minute, having said that i'd like to see the Wheeler/Eastmond combo given a chance, maybe give Leon the kick up the arse he needs, in this final year of his contract.
    The past was yours but the future's mine,
    You're all out of time.

Thought he had already gone. I have not seen him for a while.

Learning All The Songs The Verminator's Avatar

Pryce looks good when we're on the front foot and winning the forward war. When the going gets tough, that's when he doesn't shine and I'm afraid tonight was a poor display - not that he was alone.*

*Disclaimer - I really couldn't see anything tonight.
    WON'T SOMEONE PLEASE THINK OF POOR BEN FLOWER?!

Starting A Programme Collection Legendary Supporter's Avatar

We are, on paper, strongest in our pack but it was in the pack that we were turned over. Consequently our halves were perminantly on the back foot and spent too much time in defence. In the threequarters, due to there being no Meli, we only started with three recognised three quarters, two of which were injured in the 1st half, not to return; and the other took a huge hit whilst scoring.

It is only game one but that tonight wasnt good enough by some way! We have got to improve. On the positive side, time is on our hands and just like in 2000 we can bouce back.

I dont personally think tonights match should have been played. I know that by the book it was correct to play, but it is unfair on each of us that we couldnt see what we paid to watch and I felt a little cheated by the end that didnt really feel that I'd been to a match, I'd seen that little.

Well done though to Hull. They were good. Many on here critisised their signings of Fitzgibbon, O'Meley and Long last year but they did play very well tonight and before we are too critical of Saints, we are not that sure just how good Hull are and how well they will go this year.

Noooobie

This is my first post but I feel I must agree that Pryce has been the nowhere man since his brush with the law. We have Roby and Wilkin both underused in my book they are 2 of our most talented players but are not being fully utilised. get rid of Pryce put Roby loose forward and Wilkin stand off and let our more creative and faster players lead us around the park for a year until Cunningham goes and then reassess our younger players for their future roles.

In The South Stand southernsaint7's Avatar

anyone else think a new gaffer would kick start leon pryce? I don't know if Potter plays him in the wrong way or if he doesn't like potter but something somewhere needs to change. I want to see Leon trying to get us on the front foot early in the set like he did under DA, I want to see him challenging defenders late in the set with a step or just mixing it up, play a bit wider and try and link up. Someone should show Potter a video of us when we were successful with pretty much the same players see if he learns anything

Banned

I think we are carrying Pryce and we cannot afford to do that. Also, it is unfair to our younger potential to see a well paid experienced player doing so little for his wages. Isn't this how Pryce went when Bradford started to slide? I think Potter should sideline Pryce and allow someone else the chance at SO, possibly Wheeler (although we do need him at centre/on the wing).

I was quite impressed by Roby last night. The way he took on the winger role was amazing. And had Scott Moore caught his great catch and pass, we would have had another try.

In fact, all our local lads last night played their hearts out. It was the not-so-local lads who really let us down. Gidley excepted, who at least tried to play something like he used to.

In The North Stand With All The Old Folk Blobbynator's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by The Chair Maker View Post
    His performance was poor, as were a number of other players.

Tonight he needed to step up and assume responsibility to direct the team around, and help young Eastmond. As it was, he gave away a penalty by roughing up Longy. Longs immediate response was to put Hull in for a try.
    Later he was weak in defence and let hull in for a try.

Pryce is an outstanding runner, but he is not a stand off.

I left the match thinking of alternative options.
    Playing Wheeler at SO would result in a very inexperienced halfback pairing and isnt ideal, but may be worth a gamble.
    Scott Moore could go scrum half and allow Eastmond to go stand off. That would give us more organisation in the middle.
    Alternatively Wilkin could play Stand off.
    Yeah, I'm not sure Eastmond and Pryce works. We seem completely disorganised with the backs never getting any ball or any ball in space.

Moore and Eastmond may be a decent option and put Pryce at full back or in the Centres.
    Quote Originally Posted by Despondent Dave
    Blobby is a man of style, panache and impeccable taste

I would like to see Wheeler at 6 its his best position and he is definately not a winger. Yes it would make for an inexperienced pairing but I dont see what we have to lose as the current combination clearly isnt working.

There is no incentive for Pryce to play well.

He gets paid regardless
    He gets picked regardless.

You would have thought that being snubbed by England would have maybe given him a kick up the backside.

You're not a stand off Leon, your ego is too big, you've had ample chance at proving yourself at half back, and you aren't a 6.

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by OoOGazOoO View Post
    There is no incentive for Pryce to play well.

He gets paid regardless
    He gets picked regardless.

You would have thought that being snubbed by England would have maybe given him a kick up the backside.

You're not a stand off Leon, your ego is too big, you've had ample chance at proving yourself at half back, and you aren't a 6.
    Tommy Martyn could get stripped up for the Bradford game and offer more invention than Pryce.

He purely relies on an inside step and athletic ability and has no creativity whatsoever. He should be moved to the threequarter line.