Chapel House Motor Company Limited Advertising Banner
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234

Thread: For the first time ever......

In The North Stand With All The Old Folk DD's Avatar
    Newton-le-Willows; East Side of the Fence.

Quote Originally Posted by The Chair Maker View Post
    Got back to Haydock today, and boy what a contrast with the roads in the South Manchester, Stockport council areas.

All the main roads there were completely clear of snow, so you were driving on tarmac not slutch or ice.

Get back to Haydock Island and see the disgrace that is the East lancs road. Only 1 lane open and that is covered with a cm of snow/ice. Now we are not talking about a minor road here, we are talking about a strategic road corridor that links Manchester and Liverpool.

Getting onto clipsley lane was like hitting a road that had not seen the site of grit or a snow plough in the last 2 weeks. Any thought of getting out of 2nd gear and driving above 15 mph was quickly extinguished.
    Its just one long white sheet of compacted snow.
    Now considering this is a major road and one of St.helens councils supposed priority routes for keeping clear one has to ask what exactly have they been doing.

The only bright point was to see my local street.
    In a symbol of community spirit, most of the men in the street had today been out and cleared the entire road of snow using shovels. They have also made clear pathways up and down both sides of the street. Telephone lines have also been cleared of all the snow to prevent them coming down.

If every other minor street, avenue and close in St.helens showed such a community spirit to help each other out, then people would no longer be facing half the hassle they have been facing.
    The disturbing thing is that St. Helens Council were one of the few to come out publically and say that they had adequate supplies of grit.
    THIS YEAR LENDING SUPPORT TO:- St. Helens RLFC, Manchester City, Celtic, Alemannia Aachen, Steps 1 to 6 Non-League Football

Quote Originally Posted by truesaint View Post
    i love snow
    Tip-top! Do you love ice and broken limbs? lol

Anyway, socks on the outside of your shoes. It's the future!
    THIS YEAR LENDING SUPPORT TO:- St. Helens RLFC, Manchester City, Celtic, Alemannia Aachen, Steps 1 to 6 Non-League Football

Quote Originally Posted by DD View Post
    Very noble and you have come a long way since kicking my chips and gravy out of my hand. lol
    lol I don't remember doing that to you Oh well I must of had a good reason for doing that to you at the time

Quote Originally Posted by Tank View Post
    lol I don't remember doing that to you Oh well I must of had a good reason for doing that to you at the time
    To be fair, you were aiming for my balls but, such was your footballing ability, I ended up with gravy all down my keks instead. lol

To be fair, you were aiming for my balls but, such was your footballing ability, I ended up with gravy all down my keks instead. lol
    DD Your scouse twang is showing again lol
    don't forget your darkest hour is only 60 minutes long
    KEEP THE FAITH
    Gene Hunt BACK ON MONDAY 20th
    QUIT YO' JIBBER JABBER

lol

Managed to get to work today after 3 days off due to the weather, east lancs one lane is a joke now, you get the odd knobhead in a 4 x4 thinking he wont slide on the ice on the outside lane at 60 mph. I've never seen it so bad from what i can remember. I tried picking my mate up in Haresfinch on Thursday and abandoned it the roads were that bad.

I was glad to be back in work otherwise the old chap would of had me cleaning out everyone in the streets drive, 2 is well enough thanks.

Quote Originally Posted by djgazza View Post
    DD Your scouse twang is showing again lol
    keks is 100% sintellins, johnny wellies invented the word, along with split.
    www.steveprescottfoundation.co.uk

"What the mind believes, the body achieves"

Quote Originally Posted by Supersaint View Post
    Managed to get to work today after 3 days off due to the weather, east lancs one lane is a joke now, you get the odd knobhead in a 4 x4 thinking he wont slide on the ice on the outside lane at 60 mph. I've never seen it so bad from what i can remember. I tried picking my mate up in Haresfinch on Thursday and abandoned it the roads were that bad.

I was glad to be back in work otherwise the old chap would of had me cleaning out everyone in the streets drive, 2 is well enough thanks.
    How heavy is your mate? You need to be careful picking anyone up in this weather, you might slip

managed to get to Asda this morning. A big pat on the back to the management as they have had JCB's working all night and this morning and cleared the carpark. They have done a great job, unlike Tesco, Lidle, etc. which were a nightmare on Thursday. So anyone who wants a nice clear car-park to park on while they shop I would give a big thumbs up to Asda.

Quote Originally Posted by Agent Mulder View Post
    managed to get to Asda this morning. A big pat on the back to the management as they have had JCB's working all night and this morning and cleared the carpark. They have done a great job, unlike Tesco, Lidle, etc. which were a nightmare on Thursday. So anyone who wants a nice clear car-park to park on while they shop I would give a big thumbs up to Asda.
    I was there about 11am and the JCB was still clearing snow from near the bottle bank area

I was always taught to respect my elders,
    but it keeps getting harder to find one!

I am a nobody, and nobody is perfect;
    therefore I am perfect

This isnt proper bad weather.Iwent camping once and a bloke with us called oates said he was going for a walk and we never saw him again!
    Being born in a stable does not make one a horse -
    Duke of Wellington

Quote Originally Posted by ticker View Post
    This isnt proper bad weather.Iwent camping once and a bloke with us called oates said he was going for a walk and we never saw him again!
    Porridge I assume

I was always taught to respect my elders,
    but it keeps getting harder to find one!

I am a nobody, and nobody is perfect;
    therefore I am perfect