Chapel House Motor Company Limited Advertising Banner
Page 2 of 10 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast

Thread: Carling Cup 2010

George Coaches Organiser Saint Bert's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by DD View Post
    City fans are part of the City family.
    I don't see some of my family for a couple of years at a time as well. lol
    The George for match day drinks and away coaches.

Supporting us supporting Saints.

Quote Originally Posted by Saint Bert View Post
    Why would that have been the case if all City fans come from Manchester? Have the buses to Stockport stopped running.
    And as for your essay on ticket pricing, get used to it, £40-£50 for away games is normal and something you will find out next season as all those clubs who have had City at Cat B or even Cat B games all of a sudden welcome you to the premiership and bingo Cat A pricing for every way. Playing with the big boys means paying big boy prices whether you like it or not!

The prices at United have reached a threshold IMO, at least I hope so, with many people I know now sharing season tickets you can get a ticket for prettu much every game if you want one and last season was the first time in 16 years I can remember any league game having tickets left on the day. The plans for the extension to the Main Stand have been quietly shelved for now as the American gimps have realised that filling what they have in the current climate is difficult enough. They fail to comprehend the north south divide with regards to pricing and have constantly compared the prices United used to charge ( at one time the cheapest in the prem ) with Arsenal, Spurs and Chelsea. The price of my ticket as gone up by 300% in 12 years, thats some kind of fecking inflation that is...

Anyhow, who has been crying about players injured or missing, as far as I can see your the first to have a whinge about it. Typical blue, don't let facts get in the way of a good story.

nah thats for the trains/national express from kent or the planes/boats from china!!
    The past was yours but the future's mine,
    You're all out of time.

Quote Originally Posted by wabo View Post
    nah thats for the trains/national express from kent or the planes/boats from china!!
    I didn't realise we had a 20,000 allocation, marvellous. I also note that City fans are not mentioning Ireland and Scandanavia anymore, would have nothing to do with all those staying at the Britannia Hotel on Portland street wearing blue every other week would it now. lol

In The North Stand With All The Old Folk DD's Avatar
    Newton-le-Willows; East Side of the Fence.

Why would that have been the case if all City fans come from Manchester? Have the buses to Stockport stopped running.

And as for your essay on ticket pricing, get used to it, £40-£50 for away games is normal and something you will find out next season as all those clubs who have had City at Cat B or even Cat B games all of a sudden welcome you to the premiership and bingo Cat A pricing for every way. Playing with the big boys means paying big boy prices whether you like it or not!

The prices at United have reached a threshold IMO, at least I hope so, with many people I know now sharing season tickets you can get a ticket for prettu much every game if you want one and last season was the first time in 16 years I can remember any league game having tickets left on the day. The plans for the extension to the Main Stand have been quietly shelved for now as the American gimps have realised that filling what they have in the current climate is difficult enough. They fail to comprehend the north south divide with regards to pricing and have constantly compared the prices United used to charge ( at one time the cheapest in the prem ) with Arsenal, Spurs and Chelsea. The price of my ticket as gone up by 300% in 12 years, thats some kind of fecking inflation that is...

Anyhow, who has been crying about players injured or missing, as far as I can see your the first to have a whinge about it. Typical blue, don't let facts get in the way of a good story.
    Well I note you don't dispute anything I said, no arguments about the greed of your club and how they have forced our hand into ditching our pricing strategy for this game, which is nice!

City care about their supporters. United do not. That's a fact.

I'm not crying about injured players at all. Far from it, I am happy most are going to be back. I've heard more than one United fan banging on about reserves and such like. You may not have yet but I am sure it will be trotted out if and when you get your backsides tanned in a couple of weeks time.
    THIS YEAR LENDING SUPPORT TO:- St. Helens RLFC, Manchester City, Celtic, Alemannia Aachen, Steps 1 to 6 Non-League Football

I didn't realise we had a 20,000 allocation, marvellous. I also note that City fans are not mentioning Ireland and Scandanavia anymore, would have nothing to do with all those staying at the Britannia Hotel on Portland street wearing blue every other week would it now. lol
    You two stop ****ing bitching lol lol Right I have said all along it's the Glazers who don't give a **** about us. Glazers out simple as...

Well I note you don't dispute anything I said, no arguments about the greed of your club and how they have forced our hand into ditching our pricing strategy for this game, which is nice!

I'm not crying about injured players at all. Far from it, I am happy most are going to be back. I've heard more than one United fan banging on about reserves and such like. You may not have yet but I am sure it will be trotted out if and when you get your backsides tanned in a couple of weeks time.

1. I can't be arsed auguing the point any further, much as it would appear City could not be ar5ed pushing the point with united either. It's a semi final, if that does not warrant the correct price being paid for the game then i do not know what does. It is strange though how my seat at City is virtually identical to the spec/view I have at Old Trafford yet my ticket for the 2nd Leg is only £27 I wonder who is kidding who????? Or perhaps City are just charging United fans £40 regsardless of seat location like some spoilt little child, well you did this so we do that. I don't know and only the person responsible at City for setting the price does. City would not be that vindictive/bitter and spiteful of united would they?

2. City do what they need to do because they can't fill their ground. Problem is, as soon as the going rate goes up do new found fans filling the seats go walkabout!

3. We will see, this is the first time I have ever known you to be giddy or confident so I anticipate and bringing down to earth of massive proportions.

You must have hearing problems then squire. It's kids for a tenner for all league games and a fiver for Cup games.

It's nothing to do with cheap gimmicks and everything to do with providing a chance for parents to be able to afford to take kids to the games.

If this was Saints, you'd be applauding it as the way to guarantee future support. Because it's City, it's not applauded and just another example of the outragoeous bitterness and obsession you have in having a go at all things City.

Our club looks after its fans. It is not in the business of ripping the punters off. If there is one thing the FC United Ship Deserters got right is that MUFC cares not a jot about its supporters. It will fleece them at every opportunity and, despite the fact that you are guaranteed 75,000 every week and all the merchandise sales that go with it, you still have no qualms about ripping your supporters off and the away fans with disgraceful prices.

I hope you are proud of yourselves.

City fans are part of the City family. You are just a number, although not one of the first 75,000 obviously.
    You just dont get it do you. I only mention City, because you- a City fan post on this thread. If there were no City fans on here, I would not give a toss. Thats the truth. Looking at the way you bite, I am right to do so.

Secondly, Liverpool have, are and will always be my rivals. No matter where they are in the league. City are not on my radar. The fact remains that despite their wealth, they are and will always be a small club in my eyes. The way they fail to sell allocations proves that.

Figures today show City with a loss of £92million for year ending May 2009. When the Arabs get bored and withdraw their money, City are up s**t creek without a paddle. Pre-Glazers, Utd have always been self-sufficient, with money coming from the fans.

I also agree that Utd treat their fans with contempt. Is a major reason why I dont go to the games anymore. Never has the ethos "Love the team, hate the club" been more apparent in my eyes. Does not diminish my love as a fan, just stops me paying stupid money.

The fact that City fans are so giddy about a Carling Cup sums everything up. A small club.

Quote Originally Posted by Reacher View Post
    The fact that City fans are so giddy about a Carling Cup sums everything up. A small club.
    And despite this captain they struggle to sell there tickets for a home semi! Small time indeed!

PS, Utd were also charging kids £10 for the Carling Cup only. We also have a pre-season training session at O/T where kids can watch their heroes train, get autographs and are charged about £3, all of which goes to charity.

Not bad for a heartless club.

1. I can't be arsed auguing the point any further, much as it would appear City could not be ar5ed pushing the point with united either. It's a semi final, if that does not warrant the correct price being paid for the game then i do not know what does. It is strange though how my seat at City is virtually identical to the spec/view I have at Old Trafford yet my ticket for the 2nd Leg is only £27 I wonder who is kidding who????? Or perhaps City are just charging United fans £40 regsardless of seat location like some spoilt little child, well you did this so we do that. I don't know and only the person responsible at City for setting the price does. City would not be that vindictive/bitter and spiteful of united would they?
    If I'd told you what I had written down in person, I'd accuse you of being deaf. lol

I've told you where the £40 come from and I don't need to repeat it. We could have easily just charged £40 for that particular stand and kept the family stand at the traditionally cheap rates but you wouldn't agree to it.

United are charging us £41 and £42, which is actually a decrease on league prices which are just shy of £50 in some cases.

People constantly moan about the prices of tickets in this country yet when one club does something about it and doesn't hile their costs up, all they get is stick about it. No-one criticises clubs in Germany for keeping prices down to get bums on seats. It's a policy that City will stick with and should be applauded for it.
    THIS YEAR LENDING SUPPORT TO:- St. Helens RLFC, Manchester City, Celtic, Alemannia Aachen, Steps 1 to 6 Non-League Football

PS, Utd were also charging kids £10 for the Carling Cup only. We also have a pre-season training session at O/T where kids can watch their heroes train, get autographs and are charged about £3, all of which goes to charity.

Not bad for a heartless club.
    Cheap gimmicks to fill seats eh? Who'd have thought the Greatest Club in the World would have to resort to such tactics.

Cheap gimmicks to fill seats eh? Who'd have thought the Greatest Club in the World would have to resort to such tactics.
    Well at least we agree on something football related lol

You just dont get it do you. I only mention City, because you- a City fan post on this thread. If there were no City fans on here, I would not give a toss. Thats the truth. Looking at the way you bite, I am right to do so.

Secondly, Liverpool have, are and will always be my rivals. No matter where they are in the league. City are not on my radar. The fact remains that despite their wealth, they are and will always be a small club in my eyes. The way they fail to sell allocations proves that.

Figures today show City with a loss of £92million for year ending May 2009. When the Arabs get bored and withdraw their money, City are up s**t creek without a paddle. Pre-Glazers, Utd have always been self-sufficient, with money coming from the fans.
    We only seemingly fail to sell allocations against United for Carling Cup Semi-Finals. Stoke, Fulham and Wolves sell out no problem. Strange considering, Bert's over inflated opinion of United's importance has, on more than one occasion, stated that it would be the other way round and that you stated it was our most important game, ever! lol

"When the Arabs get bored". Standard United phraseology based upon what exactly? Wishful thinking? I'm still waiting for the Chelsea implosion that was supposed to have started five or six years ago when their owner got bored. If we have success in the mean time, I'm happy to go to Shit Creek. I've been to Shit Creek before and I'll happily go again as long as, this time, we take the scenic route.

We only seemingly fail to sell allocations against United for Carling Cup Semi-Finals. Stoke, Fulham and Wolves sell out no problem. Strange considering, Bert's over inflated opinion of United's importance has, on more than one occasion, stated that it would be the other way round and that you stated it was our most important game, ever! lol

"When the Arabs get bored". Standard United phraseology based upon what exactly? Wishful thinking? I'm still waiting for the Chelsea implosion that was supposed to have started five or six years ago when their owner got bored. If we have success in the mean time, I'm happy to go to Shit Creek. I've been to Shit Creek before and I'll happily go again as long as, this time, we take the scenic route.
    Well seeing as we have made successive CL finals, and 3 PL titles, then I would say that Chelsea's spending has decreased somewhat? Abromavich is still there, but a blind man on a galloping horse can see that his interest is waning and their spending has been greatly reduced.

If you think that your owners will stay for ever incurring £92m losses every year then you are not as clever as I thought you were.

Chelsea are hardly the all conquering side anymore.

So you sell out for every home game do you, regardless of competition? You confident with that or do I have a look at some stats?

In the Queens Arms dreading the King coming home early.

hile ????

No-one criticises clubs in Germany for keeping prices down to get bums on seats. It's a policy that City will stick with and should be applauded for it.
    It's HEIL if you are considering ruling "Der Welt" .lol
    On the Back foot looking for the front one.

Well seeing as we have made successive CL finals, and 3 PL titles, then I would say that Chelsea's spending has decreased somewhat? Abromavich is still there, but a blind man on a galloping horse can see that his interest is waning and their spending has been greatly reduced.

If you think that your owners will stay for ever incurring £92m losses every year then you are not as clever as I thought you were.

Chelsea are hardly the all conquering side anymore.
    You're not with me are you? I never said for ever. Give me a Championship and a couple of cups and I'd happily take that as my life's total as, two years ago, I'd given up all hope that I would ever see City win a trophy and, yes, we still may not but I do now have hope.

Chelsea are not all conquering but, by your own admission, they are favourites for the title this year, they have won two Championships, a couple of FA Cups and a couple of League Cups over recent years. If we achieve half of that, then I'm a happy man.

So you sell out for every home game do you, regardless of competition? You confident with that or do I have a look at some stats?
    I'm saying that we have sold out the home end for every league game bar one (West Ham). There have been a few crowds below capacity but they have been down to poor away followings. Fulham brought about 170 I think.

No, we haven't sold out all the Carling Cup games but neither have you.

I've told you where the £40 come from and I don't need to repeat it. We could have easily just charged £40 for that particular stand and kept the family stand at the traditionally cheap rates but you wouldn't agree to it.

United are charging us £41 and £42, which is actually a decrease on league prices which are just shy of £50 in some cases.

People constantly moan about the prices of tickets in this country yet when one club does something about it and doesn't hile their costs up, all they get is stick about it. No-one criticises clubs in Germany for keeping prices down to get bums on seats. It's a policy that City will stick with and should be applauded for it.
    So can you please explain why United are charging me £27 and kids can get tickets for £10 then if £40 is the figure arrived at from you original formula?

Or are you saying that Policing costs and stewerding at OT is less than at Wastelands.

Another thiing, why are City Charging £40 across the board ( Plus a £2 booking fee by the way ). Why not charge more for the better seats on the side to allow cheaper seats at the ends, or are City worried about the TV cameras seeing that sea of blue plastic.

Everything comes down to misdirection, smoke and mirrors.

You talk about United and money, City have reported a loss of over 90 Million to the year ending May 2009, can you imagine what it will be this year? God help you if the arab get's bored or if FIFA get their way and make it so clubs can only spend/pay what THEY can afford, god help you if the combined negotiating rights for the TV deal ever go and it's every club for themsleves like in Spain.

It all boils down to one thing, City struggle to sell out a semi final, at home, against their biggest rivals ( not United's by the way, it will always be the scousers ) and they look to blame anything and anyone other than their own pi55 poor support!

In The North Stand With All The Old Folk

Very entertaining reading all this, and from a neutral point of view I have to say I'm with Dave on this. If City keep their prices down then good for them, it's entirely irrelevant why they do this. If scores of young Mancunians can get into that ground and watch City then that is great for them, great for the city and great for the club.

When you Reds knock them for low prices you ignore the fact that high priced tickets are one of the major issues why people are falling out of love with the game and it's killing any links between a club and its local fanbase. City may have started their low priced policy a few years back because they had empty seats, fair enough, but as Dave says, if Saints did it we would all be applauding them for their creativity and efforts to attract more people through the door.

As for the City implosion, based on the assumption that it will take them maybe another season to make the top 4 (it may happen this season) and then maybe a couple of seasons more to seriously challenge Chelsea and United domestically whilst also playing CL football it will be at least 3 or 4 years before they get to anywhere near where their owners wish them to be, ie-best team in England and competing realistically to be champions of Europe. Any 'implosion' is a long way off IMO.

Gray, classic smoke and mirrors from the despondant one, the question and movement of the debate to prices conveniently disguises the main point.

City at home, derby game, semi final, one hurdle away from a chance of their first trophy in 35 years and they can't sell out!

So can you please explain why United are charging me £27 and kids can get tickets for £10 then if £40 is the figure arrived at from you original formula?

Or are you saying that Policing costs and stewerding at OT is less than at Wastelands.

Another thiing, why are City Charging £40 across the board ( Plus a £2 booking fee by the way ). Why not charge more for the better seats on the side to allow cheaper seats at the ends, or are City worried about the TV cameras seeing that sea of blue plastic.

It all boils down to one thing, City struggle to sell out a semi final, at home, against their biggest rivals ( not United's by the way, it will always be the scousers ) and they look to blame anything and anyone other than their own pi55 poor support!
    The pi55 poor support that has the third highest average in England? Mmm!

If we have cheaper seats behind the goal then we'd have to go up to as much as £50 for the others to meet the profit that United are demanding from the tie, therefore it causes even more antagonism.

I know you have no problem in charging fans them sort of prices for your supposed top seats in a shit stand but we don't do that sort of thing.

I don't know how United work their pricing. I know how we work ours

Gray, classic smoke and mirrors from the despondant one, the question and movement of the debate to prices conveniently disguises the main point.

City at home, derby game, semi final, one hurdle away from a chance of their first trophy in 35 years and they can't sell out!
    You'd cause a fight with your own grandmother you! lol

We can sell out for mundane league games against bottom of the table opposition but we can't sell out for United in a Semi-Final (although give or take 100 or so tickets, we have), so there is obviously more to it than just poor support.

Over stringent loyalty points criteria was the main cause. We always try to sell them in order of preference to the most deserving causes. Our biggest mistake was allowing this to fester on at too high a level for too long. The extortionate prices, in the post-Christmas period, have hardly helped the matter.

The same problem is going to apply for the second leg. 20,000 would probably want tickets but we are so careful about who they go to, we may end up with empty seats yet have thousands complaining about not being eligible to get one. Never underestimate the incompetence of the City Ticket Office. Even a receipt is beyond them when they insist they have emailed one, only for everybody's Inbox to be bare.

I'm saying that we have sold out the home end for every league game bar one (West Ham). There have been a few crowds below capacity but they have been down to poor away followings. Fulham brought about 170 I think.

No, we haven't sold out all the Carling Cup games but neither have you.
    Shall we talk about your attendances in Europe then? lol