Chapel House Motor Company Limited Advertising Banner
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: We blew it

Learning All The Songs McClennan's Avatar

You're right in that Leeds kicking game was excellent, however a faster full back would have negated some of that quality. You only have to watch the NRL to understand how much of a difference a quick full back can make to neutralising the effects of kicking games. Our game is changing and we need to recognise that and adapt to it.

From the 40-20 where Wellens seemed to be daydreaming or unaware of the kick, the penalty that led to Leeds' first try; Maurie and Meli's knock ons; the pass to Gardner (didn't look forward to me); KC's penalty; poor PTB effort for Diskin's try and even our cover for that try from Meli's knock on. Leeds' points came from our errors, pretty much all but the final drop goal in fact.

No mistakes and we win. Impossible to have no mistakes but too often we made simple mistakes and that's the frustrating thing.

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by McClennan View Post
    No mistakes and we win. Impossible to have no mistakes but too often we made simple mistakes and that's the frustrating thing.
    I think it's more about where we made our mistakes. Over their tryline, for example.

Quote Originally Posted by McClennan View Post
    From the 40-20 where Wellens seemed to be daydreaming or unaware of the kick, the penalty that led to Leeds' first try; Maurie and Meli's knock ons; the pass to Gardner (didn't look forward to me); KC's penalty; poor PTB effort for Diskin's try and even our cover for that try from Meli's knock on. Leeds' points came from our errors, pretty much all but the final drop goal in fact.

Also got to give credit to Leeds for being able to punish us for our mistakes, unfortunately when we were gifted position in their half we failed to convert it into points.

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by E Saint View Post
    Also got to give credit to Leeds for being able to punish us for our mistakes, unfortunately when we were gifted position in their half we failed to convert it into points.
    Yeah, well, we've been suffering from that malaise for months now so I don't think any Saints fan would have been surprised by that.

Quote Originally Posted by Wanderer View Post
    Yeah, well, we've been suffering from that malaise for months now so I don't think any Saints fan would have been surprised by that.
    I realise that. You have to give Leeds credit for taking their chances tho.

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by E Saint View Post
    I realise that. You have to give Leeds credit for taking their chances tho.
    Sure. I'll give them that.

Quote Originally Posted by Wanderer View Post
    I think it's more about where we made our mistakes. Over their tryline, for example.
    Definitely.

Leeds kicking game was superb, the pressure it put us under was unbearable at times, by contrast ours was shambolic at best, the worry is can we see our kicking game getting any better next year leeds look nailed on again for 2010 unfortunately.

Got A Season Ticket

Quote Originally Posted by Chip Embele View Post
    Unfortunately for you the video ref decision turns out to be correct.
    Correct according to who? Certainly not the video evidence that was shown on Sky after the match. Not even benefit of the doubt.