Chapel House Motor Company Limited Advertising Banner
Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Thread: Will Saints ever beat Leeds in a Grand Final?

Got A Season Ticket Agent Provocateur's Avatar

Default Will Saints ever beat Leeds in a Grand Final?

It doesn't appear so, even when it's not raining.

Leeds simply OWN Saints on those occasions when it really counts.

Best of luck next time however.
    Love, peace and harmony
    Love, peace and harmony
    Oh, very nice
    very nice
    very nice
    very nice
    ...but maybe in the next world

Quote Originally Posted by Agent Provocateur View Post
    It doesn't appear so, even when it's not raining.

Leeds simply OWN Saints on those occasions when it really counts.

Best of luck next time however.
    It appears they also OWN the RFL. A double movement, knees into the ribs and an offside.

Quote Originally Posted by Legolas View Post
    It appears they also OWN the RFL. A double movement, knees into the ribs and an offside.
    You appear quite bitter.

Do you believe Saints deserved to win tonight?
    Love, peace and harmony
    Love, peace and harmony
    Oh, very nice
    very nice
    very nice
    very nice

Banned

What goes around comes around after last week's debacle with Ganson

Got A Season Ticket

You appear quite bitter.

It could have gone either way. Leeds were more clinical, whilst Saints had better territory.

In the end a couple of poor errors from Saints player in crucial places was the difference.

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by rlcoach View Post
    It could have gone either way. Leeds were more clinical, whilst Saints had better territory.

In the end a couple of poor errors from Saints player in crucial places was the difference.

The second half was all Leeds and Long's kicking game was shocking. The high bombs were so far ahead Webb had no pressure whatsoever to take them and IMO cost you the game

Got A Replica Shirt The Seldom Seen Kid's Avatar

No cock!

You appear quite bitter.

Leeds were not better than Saints. they won it by cheating. It could have gone either way. Leeds might have won in the end I don't know. They just made damned sure they did at all costs by cheating.

Learning All The Songs

saints gifted the first 2 tries to leeds.disapointing ,with all the big name stars we just cant seem to amass points.mp has destroyed the attacking flair

Got A Season Ticket

Leeds were not better than Saints. they won it by cheating. It could have gone either way. Leeds might have won in the end I don't know. They just made damned sure they did at all costs by cheating.
    Give over, there wasn't any cheating.

Banned

This is exactly what I was saying last week. Saints made the GF thanks to Ganson's bad calls which is all Leeds have benefited from tonight.

Although after about 25 mins, there pack woke up and made loads of yards. Peacock proved again why he is the best in the league, regardless of how many metres Graham made against the likes of Celtic/Salford

Got A Season Ticket

Quote Originally Posted by bazdev View Post
    The second half was all Leeds and Long's kicking game was shocking. The high bombs were so far ahead Webb had no pressure whatsoever to take them and IMO cost you the game
    You could argue that too. Our attacking kicking game has been consistently awful throughout the season.

Learning All The Songs

You appear quite bitter.

I thought Saints were the better team for long periods but let Leeds off the hook through individual errors.The second Smith 'try' was a terrible decision as was the 'played at' call leading to the back to one decision that preceded it.

Quote Originally Posted by bazdev View Post
    This is exactly what I was saying last week. Saints made the GF thanks to Ganson's bad calls which is all Leeds have benefited from tonight.

Although after about 25 mins, there pack woke up and made loads of yards. Peacock proved again why he is the best in the league, regardless of how many metres Graham made against the likes of Celtic/Salford
    I'm not in the mood to argue with you Bazdev. You weren't saying all this last week. Ganson did fine last week and fine this. It was Bentham who screwed us over.

As for Peacock, he isn't a patch on Graham. And as for your cheap shot about yards v celtic and salford, regrettably I have to say you have no idea what you are talking about as you have not watched Saints week in week out.

Got A Season Ticket

Legolas, I am sure you are a decent bloke and I know you are disappointed but you are embarrassing yourself right now. If you really think Saints did enough to win tonight then I highly recommend you remove those red specs.

Noooobie

The Bentham decision was 100% the correct call..forget all the Sycophantic Sky jabberings..look at the replays for gods sake!!!!..he IS onside 100%!!!lol..deal with it people!!!!
    Leeds were more clinical, had players less prone to ridiculous errors.."i am looking at you Meli and Gardner".....had a captain and the England captain playing awesome rugby..all this without Lauititi who as you guys know full well, cannot handle and in Grand Finals makes you guys look silly and had a team of players and coaching staff ready to fight for their lives...oh and by the way, well played Ganson!

3 on the trot...what an effort..supreme of the highest order...

Banned

I'm not in the mood to argue with you Bazdev. You weren't saying all this last week. Ganson did fine last week and fine this. It was Bentham who screwed us over.

As for Peacock, he isn't a patch on Graham. And as for your cheap shot about yards v celtic and salford, regrettably I have to say you have no idea what you are talking about as you have not watched Saints week in week out.

Your entitled to your opinion, but when Leeds were penned in for the first 30 mins, Peacock was everywhere. Tackling, driving the ball in. When Saints had the same problem, Graham went off then didnt make any metres when he got back on. I would like to see the stats for the final for both players

For the first time ever, I thought Ryan Bailey had a good game for Leeds.

I watched the game hoping for a Leeds win but not really into it and I thought they were the better side after 25 mins and thoroughly deserved the win.

In The South Stand Saints-Crusaders's Avatar

Just a side note to Graham making more metres than Peacock in games like Celtic and Salford.....correct me if I'm wrong but haven't both players had the same opponents all season ????? and not only that but didn't Peacock play against a basically second string Celtic ??? so when all is said and done, Graham still made far more metres
    KNOWSLEY ROAD 1890-2010. A part of history soon to be no more...the place that meant so much to so many people. Farewell old lady, forever in our hearts.

Quote Originally Posted by rlcoach View Post

I just don't think Saints took advantage of their early dominance and territory in the first 25 to 30 minutes. Once Leeds got back in it and then levelled matters, I felt there was only going to be one winner. It was almost a carbon copy of last year the way the game went.

The major difference between the two sides was that Leeds thought they were going to win and Saints just hoped they were going to win.

No team can expect to win in most circumstances when they only succeed in scoring one solitary try anyhow.
    Love, peace and harmony
    Love, peace and harmony
    Oh, very nice
    very nice
    very nice
    very nice

Saints just dont have the strike players with pace across the backline to get points on the board.

I said it last year and ill say it again. We need pace in the side mixed with quality

We are like the Bradford Dulls, good at getting there but not good enough to do the main job

Learning All The Songs

we are all deeply disapointed,i really felt for the likes of jammer who week in week out runs his blood to water.question is how long will he stick around after disapoitment after disapointment.we do need to get some pace in the side.still don`t think potter is the answer

Got A Season Ticket

It was a 50/50 game. Real nip and tuck.

But if you study the facts

leeds outscored you 3 tries to 1

the only try you scored had an element of luck

Lee smiths try was offside but you were still behind at that stage with time running out.

You didn't nail home your first half advantage. Despite dominating territory you'd have gone in 4 points down if sinfield had been kicking well.

In the second half leeds kicking game was magnificent, they went ahead straight away and you started to tire.

Of the three grand finals this was the closest (and best) but you still weren't good enough.

Just not quite good enough.

Banned

I just don't think Saints took advantage of their early dominance and territory in the first 25 to 30 minutes. .
    You've nailed it in one there and that has been our problem under Potter. We have lost our attacking ability under him. This team last year would have put serious points on the board in that first half when we dominated them. This year, the same damn team doesn't know what the feck to do.

Still, the disappointment this year is nothing like, nowhere near the same as last year, when we were the better team but decided to play sunny weather rugby in a monsoon. I didn't think we would win this year. Last year I didn't think we would lose.

Cool

Simple answer: not in the near future, no.

No arguments about the result from me. Congratulations to Leeds.

Saints face a few years in the Wilderness I feel. There are far to many average players and players who are too old in the playing personell. Contrast that to Leeds who have gamebreakers all across the park.
    Sanctus Espiritus! Insanity is all around us...

Got A Season Ticket

Quote Originally Posted by Wanderer View Post
    This team last year would have put serious points on the board in that first half when we dominated them.

You were in the same position last year. You dominated early on (and the first 10 mins in 07) but failed to put enough on the board on all 3 occasions.