Chapel House Motor Company Limited Advertising Banner
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Bentham you blind ?!£$%$?!*

Learning All The Songs MancSaint's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by dylanm View Post
    Shocking. That didn't even come close to a Benefit of Doubt call.

I have no problem with losing, I think the Rhinos just about deserved it. But that has just left a sour taste in the mouth. What the hell is the point of a video ref if the decisions are still wrong???
    bang on. to be honest, i think im done with rl after this. i am sick and f**king tired of coming away from a game talking more about the officials than the game itself. an out and out f**king disgrace

Noooobie

Super league lost all credibility tonight. BBC will have a field day mocking them.
    And we keep telling other sports to use the video ref system. Nail fimly in the coffin on that score.

Noooobie

Default Good fans

Im a Leeds fan....in my opinion - onside, although I fully appreciate I might have thought differently if the decision had been given to saints and Leeds had lost as a result.....The Winners of tonight? The saint Helens fans......I am very proud to be A Rugby League fan when fans will criticise there own for inappropriate posts about wishing the deaths on another mans children.

Take a bow The true fans of St Helens......I salute you all who speak out about this abuse!!!

Very proud RL supporter!

Got A Season Ticket

He was only marginally offside. In the aftermatch they do the line thing across the pitch. Not much in it.

It was as marginal as if eastmond touched the ball before it hit donald for your first try.

In The North Stand With All The Old Folk Buddy's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by snake eater View Post
    He was only marginally offside. In the aftermatch they do the line thing across the pitch. Not much in it.

It was as marginal as if eastmond touched the ball before it hit donald for your first try.
    Only marginally offside is still offside.

However it was not the game breaker.

Starting A Programme Collection saint jimbo's Avatar

I am gutted, i dont mind losing but when you are robbed that just really takes the cake. What did Sinfield do to get man of the match?
    Gardner was shocking, how was the last try, a try.

On a different note thank you Sean and Lee and GOOD LUCK!!!
    COME ON YOU SAINTS!!!

Banned

Agree with Buddy.
    Offside is offside,no matter how marginal.

The game was there for either team until this decision ended the game as a fair contest.

Learning All The Songs yogi bear's Avatar

Dont think we had it in us to score when the OFFSIDE try was given but never got the chance anyway.

Really proud of the performance of 15 of the 17 - but don't anyone try to defend our wingers to me ever again - just cost us the GF. Surely there is someone who can run pretty quick - catch a ball and tackle out there .

Must admit I felt sorry for Meli - tried hard but 2 howlers - but Gardner simply isn't good enough . 2 howlers plus slow as mollasis when he got his chance.

Also Wellens not standing deep enough ,kept having to run back 20-30yrds when Leeds tactics are to kick deep and force the error . Spoke to his brother at half time - he said Mr Potter told him to stand up further than normal . Brilliant tactics from an inept coach.

Got A Season Ticket

Quote Originally Posted by Buddy View Post
    Only marginally offside is still offside.

However it was not the game breaker.

I agree, but the thread title suggests bentham is blind but it was actually very marginal, smiths body leaning forward gives the impression of being clearly offside.

Got A Season Ticket

Quote Originally Posted by yogi bear View Post
    Dont think we had it in us to score when the OFFSIDE try was given but never got the chance anyway.

Really proud of the performance of 15 of the 17 - but don't anyone try to defend our wingers to me ever again - just cost us the GF. Surely there is someone who can run pretty quick - catch a ball and tackle out there .

Must admit I felt sorry for Meli - tried hard but 2 howlers - but Gardner simply isn't good enough . 2 howlers plus slow as mollasis when he got his chance.

Also Wellens not standing deep enough ,kept having to run back 20-30yrds when Leeds tactics are to kick deep and force the error . Spoke to his brother at half time - he said Mr Potter told him to stand up further than normal . Brilliant tactics from an inept coach.
    Meli has come up with mistakes in all 3 grand finals which have turned the game leeds way.

As good going forward as he is, he's a liability for you.

Very bad decision, but we were by no means robbed.

An error by Meli and our inability to score tries cost us the game - end of.

In The South Stand Saints-Crusaders's Avatar

Meli has come up with mistakes in all 3 grand finals which have turned the game leeds way.

As good going forward as he is, he's a liability for you.

I couldn't agree more......as for the Smith try, you just have to look how far his feet are in front of the line in comparison to the kicker to see he was offside
    KNOWSLEY ROAD 1890-2010. A part of history soon to be no more...the place that meant so much to so many people. Farewell old lady, forever in our hearts.

Quote Originally Posted by Barney View Post
    Hardly abusive was it? I see the WUM's are on here already! at least we put the pies to bed last weekend and stopped them from getting to OT, new coach again I see lol

Leeds fans surely will be too embarrassed to post on her so soon?
    Quite right my friend. You put the pies to bed last week in a similar manner to which you complain the loiners put you to bed tonight!!

Goes around, comes around!!lol

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by BoldMiners View Post
    Quite right my friend. You put the pies to bed last week in a similar manner to which you complain the loiners put you to bed tonight!!

Goes around, comes around!!lol

Quite correct

Noooobie

robbed by bentham,how long do we have to put up with this poor fourth official,however lets get down to the real problem,price, rubbish again only interested in himself,long on his way thank god,been a good one but nothing left for us, we play down the middle all the time, have we forgot how to move the ball out,or are we having difficulty trying to cope with this lying on at play the ball,it's certainly ruined our game this year.

Well it's all gone quiet over here.

Quote Originally Posted by Shakespeare View Post
    Well it's all gone quiet over here.
    Wahey, well done.

Starting A Programme Collection Bobbyrlfc's Avatar

Bentham isn't blind, it's just leeds where losing,
    But being serious, have you ever seen a luckier team in your life?

Noooobie

shocking call end of... did it cost us the game im not to sure cause it was evenly match but i think saints heads dropped after that. could see how gutted cuningham was in the next set of six. oh well..... always nxt year

Got A Season Ticket

Quote Originally Posted by Legolas View Post
    Bentham missed a double movement for the first try, and offside. the RFL's stupidity on changing the penalty try rule is a joke. Some of leeds players shouldn't have been playing and the rest should have been dealt with on the field for knees in and an airborne tackle.

We were robbed and stared in the face. Meli made perhaps two mistakes all night one knock on and one poor decision. Gardner was diabollical so lay off Meli.

If you have to cheat to win, let Leeds Carnegie sorry Rhinos keep it with their bum chums at the LRRFL.

Bless

Got A Season Ticket

Quote Originally Posted by Bobbyrlfc View Post
    Bentham isn't blind, it's just leeds where losing,
    But being serious, have you ever seen a luckier team in your life?
    Get over it, you lost

Bentham cost us an oppurtunity to win the game/get level. Simple as. Shocking decision.

Now i'm not saying we could have won, but im not saying we couldnt either, long could have scored a drop goal and sent it to extra time. The outcome could have been so different if that shocking decision wasn't made.

I'm not saying he actually cost us the game, but he robbed us of an oppurtunity. Most definitely.

Saints worked their bollocks off all year only to be let down ay a wrong video ref decision. disgrace.

Congratulations to Leeds.
    2010 Away kit - Brilliant!

Got A Season Ticket

Ganson cost Wigan the opportunity to be at Old Trafford this weekend with an appaling decision just before half time last week.

Strangely, that went unnoticed on here.

Starting A Programme Collection Burnley Saint's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Oldham_Saint View Post
    Not trying to make excuses for us, again big game players didn't have them.

Meli had his worst game for a long time, why tonight, why?

And when we had chances we didn't take them as well as we should.

BUT...

that decision will rankle for a long time. No doubt we'll remind them next season.

Sinfield - " Thanks to the officials (Phil, the cheques in the post )".
    Pray wen did meli have a good one he is shite

Starting A Programme Collection Bobbyrlfc's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Back to Back to Back View Post
    Get over it, you lost
    I felt we were pretty average, edged the first half, blew the second.
    But some of the shots we were getting pulled for and some of the bounces you go was incredible.
    We needed Luck on our side, which we didnt get, so sadly you won.
    Even the most bias of Leeds fans will admit the Offside for Smith.