Chapel House Motor Company Limited Advertising Banner

Thread: Weather for Sat

Noooobie

Smile Weather for Sat

Well weather for sat seems good - sunny intervals, thats gotta be a bonus!!!

Banned

Last I heard it was due to rain!

Noooobie

Just checked on BBC weather, so fingers x'd!!

Behind and,on occasion,in the Mill House.

Met office says sunny intervals during the day,heavy rain at night.I hope "during the night" means after I get home.

Learning All The Songs

Quote Originally Posted by daves View Post
    Met office says sunny intervals during the day,heavy rain at night.I hope "during the night" means after I get home.
    Dead right there Dave, especially after last year when it pi**ed down good style.:saint:
    CSM Services for all your Fork-Lift Truck requirements.

Ring me, Peter or Jim on 01257 424548.lol

In The North Stand With All The Old Folk Scouse Don's Avatar
    Blatherings on That Saints podcast.Back home in St.Helens and in the South stand for service

If it does'nt rain it's one up for us on last year.I still believe that's what cost us the game.
    Learned comment from The Don

Learning All The Songs

Theyve got billions of pounds worth of bloody satellites up in the sky. And they still cant get the blasted weather right. My advice is.......Get up on Saturday morning. Toss a coin, Heads for nice, Tails for rain. Youve just as much chance of getting it right as those pillocks on all the weather bulletins.

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by Scouse Don View Post
    If it does'nt rain it's one up for us on last year.I still believe that's what cost us the game.

no, it didnt.

People say this with certainty as if we were playing the 1997 / 98 Bradford side rather than a Leeds side who have more pace and throw the ball around more. The rain clearly favoured our more conservative forward based game and scooting from dummy half rather than Leeds' expansive game yet we dont admit this for some bizzare reason.

weve been pap in the dry and pap in the wet this year.

im not too fussed about the weather, i think the wet may suite us better this year tho tbh.
    The past was yours but the future's mine,
    You're all out of time.

Let it hail, and get Wendel Sailor on the wing so Newlove can skin him and setup a mind blowing try for Captain Chris Joynt.....
    www.steveprescottfoundation.co.uk

"What the mind believes, the body achieves"

In The North Stand With All The Old Folk DD's Avatar
    Newton-le-Willows; East Side of the Fence.

Quote Originally Posted by The Greatest View Post
    no, it didnt.

People say this with certainty as if we were playing the 1997 / 98 Bradford side rather than a Leeds side who have more pace and throw the ball around more. The rain clearly favoured our more conservative forward based game and scooting from dummy half rather than Leeds' expansive game yet we dont admit this for some bizzare reason.
    I agree to an extent. I think the rain problem is more a psychological thing for Saints some times because it should suit the less expansive sides, and that's exactly what we are.

However, we had been running hot last year on a dry track but were struggling in the games when it rained, so there was something in it.
    THIS YEAR LENDING SUPPORT TO:- St. Helens RLFC, Manchester City, Celtic, Alemannia Aachen, Steps 1 to 6 Non-League Football

david.dooley@tesco.net Arthur Bitter's Avatar

Latest

Sunny intervals all day 1600 sunny

1900 clear sky

Light rain posible overnight but nowhere near match time - good news for me.

Learning All The Songs Chris Saint's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by DD View Post
    I agree to an extent. I think the rain problem is more a psychological thing for Saints some times because it should suit the less expansive sides, and that's exactly what we are.

However, we had been running hot last year on a dry track but were struggling in the games when it rained, so there was something in it.
    I agree, this year rain will almost certainly be a bonus - as long as we keep hold of the ball of course, fast action dry weather rugby could seriously expose us against Leeds superior pace across the pitch.

Starting A Programme Collection PariaH's Avatar

yeah sounded like it was going to be poor earlier in the week. looking much better now.

Quote Originally Posted by Chris Saint View Post
    I agree, this year rain will almost certainly be a bonus - as long as we keep hold of the ball of course, fast action dry weather rugby could seriously expose us against Leeds superior pace across the pitch.
    ....and Leeds do offload like its a hot potato. ( rather like we used to) , in greasy conditions this will result in dropped ball galore.

If we are relying on the weather, we may as well give up now.

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by Botev Plovdiv Ski View Post
    It's normally an excuse for losing, so people are just getting in there first

Listening to the weather forcast on TV for tomorrow, it says showers early on and then clearing up. The last couple of years it has been the other way round. Either way we need to play our best.

Got A Season Ticket

no, it didnt.

Leeds, with Kevin Sinfield, possess a very good short kicking game which is at it's best in very wet conditions, like last year. Our short kicking game is lousy to say the least. For this reason I think drier conditions this year will be better for us imo, whether they are more expansive than us or not. It was a dry/sunny day when we knocked them out of the CC on their own middin earlier this year.

Cool

no, it didnt.

I'm not sure I agree with that either. Two weeks prior to the Grand Final we played Leeds at Knowsley Road and got a lot of success by attacking Leeds' ourtside backs and moving their big pack around the park by fast passing movements across the back line and allowing runners liek Leon Pryce and james Roby to use foortwork and pace to run at static forwards liek Leuluai which in turn kept Leeds on the back foot and run out of gas. As soon as we played the game in a monsoon, the pitch became greasy and slippy which made footwork impossible and the ball became like a bar of soap which made flair play much more difficult.

Our tactics then had to change to a more Conservative up the middle bashathon and relying on a kicking game. As soon as this happened, there was only going to be one winner. Leeds' kicking game kept us pinned in our own half and challenged Fozzard, Cayless and Graham to get us out. The more we pushed, the more we put the ball down and the quicker we ran out of gas.

This year however, we've had more success against them by playing a condensed defensive line and playing a patient brand of Rugby. If it rains this year, I honestly don't think it'll make a jot of difference.
    Sanctus Espiritus! Insanity is all around us...

In The North Stand With All The Old Folk DD's Avatar
    Newton-le-Willows; East Side of the Fence.

Quote Originally Posted by Botev Plovdiv Ski View Post
    But you could say that Leeds relied on the weather last year and they won.
    THIS YEAR LENDING SUPPORT TO:- St. Helens RLFC, Manchester City, Celtic, Alemannia Aachen, Steps 1 to 6 Non-League Football

Noooobie

I hope Saints have been watching that playoff game from last year over and over again. We tore Leeds apart that night, got to be clues in that performance as to how to do it again!!!