Chapel House Motor Company Limited Advertising Banner
Page 36 of 36 FirstFirst ... 16263233343536

Thread: Friday, 6:30, Elton Welsby presents Kick Off!

In The North Stand With All The Old Folk DD's Avatar
    Newton-le-Willows; East Side of the Fence.

Quote Originally Posted by Saint Bert View Post
    Also heard a whisper that it's been called on between United and City Wed night, a good 3 hours before KO and well away from The Council house and Police. A real test then for GMP this next 7 days.
    No surprise there then. Maybe you could tip the wink to Redvee's man on the inside at the GMP as to where it is.

Hopefully the only 600 empty seats in the stadium will be where these knob heads should be sat.
    THIS YEAR LENDING SUPPORT TO:- St. Helens RLFC, Manchester City, Celtic, Alemannia Aachen, Steps 1 to 6 Non-League Football

George Coaches Organiser Saint Bert's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by DD View Post
    No surprise there then. Maybe you could tip the wink to Redvee's man on the inside at the GMP as to where it is.

Hopefully the only 600 empty seats in the stadium will be where these knob heads should be sat.

I may talk to lads who are on the edge of a circle DD but I am not in it myself. As you used to work in Manchester and go to the matches by train you probably have a better idea of where the pre-match festivities will take place than me.

PS Was promised 2 tickets last night so fingers crossed will make the game
    The George for match day drinks and away coaches.

Supporting us supporting Saints.

Whilst I think there will be trouble at both fixtures, it all gets blown up out of all proportion beforehand. Rumours of all sorts abound. The City one will be a bad one as its a night time kick off and there is nothing the police or FA can do about that. Lots of lads on the ale all day will equal trouble but am sure the police are prepared for it.

Most serious disorder I have witnessed and been a part of was England v Greece 2001. On that day, it seemed everyone wanted to fight and that was handled well. Whilst there will be a lot of troublemakers about, the vast majority will still be decent football fans.

George Coaches Organiser Saint Bert's Avatar

Sunday is going to be the naughty one mate. I hear quite a lot of Leeds are coming without tickets. Reckon the most awkward stuff to deal with will actually take place while the game is on, with it being a good few years since this particular fixture a lot of "unknowns" to each side, probably in the age group 16-23, will be involved.

A dare say that the Moston Rats will be up for it as their first encounter against Leeds.
    The George for match day drinks and away coaches.

Supporting us supporting Saints.

Sunday is going to be the naughty one mate. I hear quite a lot of Leeds are coming without tickets. Reckon the most awkward stuff to deal with will actually take place while the game is on, with it being a good few years since this particular fixture a lot of "unknowns" to each side, probably in the age group 16-23, will be involved.

A dare say that the Moston Rats will be up for it as their first encounter against Leeds.
    Didnt they sing "I dont like Mondays"?
    The past was yours but the future's mine,
    You're all out of time.

In The North Stand With All The Old Folk DD's Avatar
    Newton-le-Willows; East Side of the Fence.

I may talk to lads who are on the edge of a circle DD but I am not in it myself. As you used to work in Manchester and go to the matches by train you probably have a better idea of where the pre-match festivities will take place than me.

PS Was promised 2 tickets last night so fingers crossed will make the game
    Outside the Thirsty Scholar on Oxford Road and Ardwick Green have been traditional knees-ups zones in the past.

Having been in Manchester yesterday afternoon/last night for a few beers, I can certainly think of a few venues I will be steering clear of. lol
    THIS YEAR LENDING SUPPORT TO:- St. Helens RLFC, Manchester City, Celtic, Alemannia Aachen, Steps 1 to 6 Non-League Football

Outside the Thirsty Scholar on Oxford Road and Ardwick Green have been traditional knees-ups zones in the past.

Having been in Manchester yesterday afternoon/last night for a few beers, I can certainly think of a few venues I will be steering clear of. lol
    on the cobbled streets under the arches how very traditional!

nice pub that thirsty scholar too
    The past was yours but the future's mine,
    You're all out of time.