Chapel House Motor Company Limited Advertising Banner
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Another Ray French-ism

Got A Season Ticket a holy saint's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by jonnythesaint View Post
    Does anyone else think that the constant whining and moaning about Ray French is somewhat tiresome?

It seems every time we play away yet another thread appears just having a pop at him.

The people who matter rate him, he's been the voice of rugby league for getting on thirty years now, so he must have something going for him. Leave him alone for crying out loud.
    myself and my mates like him.
    His comments are all part of watching rugby league!
    The one about spitfire planes was priceless.
    :saint:
    Frome the Holy One

Got A Replica Shirt Heydrich's Ghost's Avatar
    St Helens - The Spiritual Home of Rugby League

Smile Ray er French quotes

Quote Originally Posted by CHANNEL22 View Post
    Following on from "Everytime we come to Headingley we get a dog on the pitch. I can't understand why people bring a dog to a rugby match"

Todays classic is "I can't undertsand why people travel 200 miles to a rugby match and queue up for a drink of beer"

I think you mis-quoted him - he actually said: "Er everytime er we er come to er Headingley we get er a dog on the er pitch. I er can't understand why er people er bring a dog to a er rugby er match"

And, "I er can't undertsand why er people travel 200 er miles to a rugby er match and er queue up for a drink of er beer"
    V
    For Vendetta

Learning All The Songs

Does anyone else think that the constant whining and moaning about Ray French is somewhat tiresome?

It seems every time we play away yet another thread appears just having a pop at him.

The people who matter rate him, he's been the voice of rugby league for getting on thirty years now, so he must have something going for him. Leave him alone for crying out loud.
    The reason he's been on the television for so long, is that it suits the union biased B.B.C to have a joke of a commentater covering league.

Yeah, I think it's a bit OTT as well.

The guy is a gentlman in every sense of the word, and has put his heart and soul into the game of rugby (both codes) for many years. There are many people involved with the game who have an awful lot to thank Ray for.

Ok, the he's getting on a bit, and I know some of you think it's only a bit of harmless fun, but imagine if it was you (at his age) on the receiving end of it all!

We should be pointing the finger of blame at the BBC for not being pro-active enough to look for someone else to commentate on our game, and put Ray out to retirement with a well deserved golden handshake.

In The North Stand With All The Old Folk Scouse Don's Avatar
    Blatherings on That Saints podcast.Back home in St.Helens and in the South stand for service

Quote Originally Posted by CHANNEL22 View Post
    Following on from "Everytime we come to Headingley we get a dog on the pitch. I can't understand why people bring a dog to a rugby match"

Todays classic is "I can't undertsand why people travel 200 miles to a rugby match and queue up for a drink of beer"

In fairness to Ray they are amusing comments in the Terry Wogan ,Peter Alliss style.....jokes !!
    Learned comment from The Don

Learning All The Songs Saint Jasper's Avatar

I like listening to Ray and Alan. On Friday, as I can't get over in time for the game, I'll be watching on Sky and listening to Ray and Alan. The fact they get some things wrong and come out with a lot of historical and fairly random stuff is all part of the experience. Last Saturday's match at Quins saw them at their random best, however I'm hoping we get lots of 'and it's try time at Knowsley Road' for the Saints on Friday.

:saint:

You must admit ray likes to set the scene "There we see the green trees of taylor park and the red rocks over looking this knowsley rd ground"
    Every time!!!