Chapel House Motor Company Limited Advertising Banner
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234

Thread: Sports you hate , and why !

Quote Originally Posted by Gray77 View Post
    The NFL is arguably the most exciting league in the world given that its only 16 games long and every game is important. I think some people on here just dismiss US sports without giving them a real go, and I understand that because there is no need to go out and follow what is over here a minority sport when we have major sports on our doorstep.
    Agreed. American Football is phenomenal. I actually like it equally as much as Rugby Leagtue.

If people try the sport and then don't like it then that is fine, but people who just dismiss it and go oh it lasts 4 hours, too stop start annoy me.

Even for a meaningless pre-season game i was at over there (Green Bay (my team) @ Jacksonville) it was probably the best sporting event i've been at.

Although it can get complex, like any sport the rules are extremely simple for the most part.
    Quote Originally Posted by DD View Post
    That's Conroy for you. 95% of the time he is one of the most knowledgeable posters we have.

In The North Stand With All The Old Folk

Quote Originally Posted by Saint Dan View Post
    Even for a meaningless pre-season game i was at over there (Green Bay (my team) @ Jacksonville) it was probably the best sporting event i've been at.
    Good lad, Packers are my team too. A team that plays in a town with a population of under 80,000 yet is one of the biggest, most famous names in American sports. Completely publically owned, steers clear of any cheap gimmicks and naming rights for its famous stadium and a giant middle finger to everyone who says US sports are all about corporations and horrible marketing. Try getting that in our biggest sport over here anymore!

Quote Originally Posted by Gray77 View Post
    Good lad, Packers are my team too. A team that plays in a town with a population of under 80,000 yet is one of the biggest, most famous names in American sports. Completely publically owned, steers clear of any cheap gimmicks and naming rights for its famous stadium and a giant middle finger to everyone who says US sports are all about corporations and horrible marketing. Try getting that in our biggest sport over here anymore!
    Well said.

Going to Lambeau Field is a dream of mine.

Green Bay is all about to football and that is exactly how it should be.
    Quote Originally Posted by DD View Post
    That's Conroy for you. 95% of the time he is one of the most knowledgeable posters we have.

Learning All The Songs Mac Saint's Avatar

F1 is worst thing they have ever allowed to be put on TV! its shockingly boring

Wink

Quote Originally Posted by phillip View Post
    yeah strength, guile & cocaine
    Sounds like a great night out.
    Sanctus Espiritus! Insanity is all around us...

Got A Season Ticket Brimah Kebbie's Avatar

I quite like American Football but just wish it was a bit quicker. Some plays can seem to drag on forever.

Quite the fan of baseball though (BoSox fan - picked them to **** off the ex wife as she was a huge Yankee's fan).

Can't be doing with golf though. Played the game a lot but to watch it makes me want to pull my own eyeballs out!!
    "I'd rather be on Blackpool Beach than Bondi Beach. They can keep the country to themselves."

Got A Season Ticket Saints youngster's Avatar

I like most actually, except for hockey and Snooker
    You'll Never Walk Alone

(Unless you support Wigan)

"Players come and go, Coaches come and go, Chairmen come and go, but you the supporters, you stay"
    Eammon Mcmanus

Noooobie

Quote Originally Posted by Saint Dan View Post
    Well said.

Going to Lambeau Field is a dream of mine.

Green Bay is all about to football and that is exactly how it should be.
    To be honest the quasi religious holier-than-thou posturing of the Green Bay Fans gets on your nerves after a while. Walking round with t shirts saying "NFL owner" on them and acting like they invented the game. It is just a football team. Imagine getting all dewey eyed about a Tampon Factory because it was run by a workers co-op.

It is true that Green Bay is a small town of about 100,000, but the Pack are the only pro team in the state of Wisconsin (Pop. roughly five and a half million.) Most importantly they have a sense of history in a country and sport that yearns for both. Professional football is a very recent arrival on the scene. The big historical rivalries and grudge matches are all in the college game and this is where you will still find the best examples of corinthian values. (Plus the tickets are a lot cheaper and the crowds are noisier. Also the girls are slimmer and hotter.)

Learning All The Songs BubbleSheep's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Brimah Kebbie View Post
    I quite like American Football but just wish it was a bit quicker. Some plays can seem to drag on forever.

Quite the fan of baseball though (BoSox fan - picked them to **** off the ex wife as she was a huge Yankee's fan).

Can't be doing with golf though. Played the game a lot but to watch it makes me want to pull my own eyeballs out!!
    lol lol Nice.

Quote Originally Posted by BubbleSheep View Post
    lol lol Nice.
    Prob why she's my ex lol lol
    "I'd rather be on Blackpool Beach than Bondi Beach. They can keep the country to themselves."

Quote Originally Posted by The Cincinnati Kid View Post
    To be honest the quasi religious holier-than-thou posturing of the Green Bay Fans gets on your nerves after a while. Walking round with t shirts saying "NFL owner" on them and acting like they invented the game. It is just a football team. Imagine getting all dewey eyed about a Tampon Factory because it was run by a workers co-op.

It is true that Green Bay is a small town of about 100,000, but the Pack are the only pro team in the state of Wisconsin (Pop. roughly five and a half million.) Most importantly they have a sense of history in a country and sport that yearns for both. Professional football is a very recent arrival on the scene. The big historical rivalries and grudge matches are all in the college game and this is where you will still find the best examples of corinthian values. (Plus the tickets are a lot cheaper and the crowds are noisier. Also the girls are slimmer and hotter.)
    Now this post made me laugh lol

Sports I hate

Cricket, Golf, Darts, Tennis, F1

Sports I love
    1. American Football (Titans and Sooners)
    2. Rugby League
    3. Football
    4. Ice Hockey

Got A Season Ticket dwilsonjnr1984's Avatar

tennis= toffs game.

Learning All The Songs BubbleSheep's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Brimah Kebbie View Post
    Prob why she's my ex lol lol
    Well, you could'nt have picked a better team to •••••• her off lol
    They're not doing too bad at the moment, though the Yankees are still top of the AL East. My Dodgers have done a Saints in recent weeks, flew through the first half of the season, then started losing silly games towards the back end. Only a 3.5 game lead over the Rockies at the moment, who they play next. Really is make or break time