Chapel House Motor Company Limited Advertising Banner
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Prince Harry

In The North Stand With All The Old Folk DD's Avatar
    Newton-le-Willows; East Side of the Fence.

Quote Originally Posted by Beetle! View Post
    You could've agreed just for the sake of this argument, looking like we'll have to think of something other than despondent for your name now though lol
    Well I would have done but yon mon insists that the only way forward is absolute honesty.

Now, where's that twenty stones fat lad, I've got something that's been on my mind for a while now and undoubtedly it's best all round if I just speak my mind and tell him I think he's an ugly bloater!
    THIS YEAR LENDING SUPPORT TO:- St. Helens RLFC, Manchester City, Celtic, Alemannia Aachen, Steps 1 to 6 Non-League Football

In The South Stand peter soutos tash's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Scouse Don View Post
    We had a lad at college in the footy team from Pakistan....we called him "Stan"....no problem he loved it !

Just mean to say what a stupid thread......he apologised end of story.Lets worry about all the innocent people in the world getting slaughtered at the moment shall we.Well done Governments !
    fergie and david gill?
    lol

Learning All The Songs

Harry is a loose cannon, we know that.
    He lives in his brothers shadow and tries to act like he is 'one of the lads' when he clearly isn't. Indeed, the 'racist 'comments he alegedly made are not to Mandelson's PC standards, the video looks like a 'gay' Full Metal Jacket! A lesson learned perhaps?
    CSM Services for all your Fork-Lift Truck requirements.

Ring me, Peter or Jim on 01257 424548.lol

In The North Stand With All The Old Folk Scouse Don's Avatar
    Blatherings on That Saints podcast.Back home in St.Helens and in the South stand for service

Quote Originally Posted by peter soutos tash View Post
    fergie and david gill?
    lol
    Nah they're having a great laugh as I post over a brew at Carrington !lol
    Learned comment from The Don

Starting A Programme Collection Beetle!'s Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by DD View Post
    Well I would have done but yon mon insists that the only way forward is absolute honesty.

Now, where's that twenty stones fat lad, I've got something that's been on my mind for a while now and undoubtedly it's best all round if I just speak my mind and tell him I think he's an ugly bloater!

lollollol

There is a time when a sense of decorum is called for and when the ability to engage your brain before opening your mouth might be useful.
    Sorry fella, but you giving lectures on circumspection is like Johnny Vegas giving lectures on teetotalism.

Harry is a sad little over indulged public schoolboy retard, with his Mother's brains and his Grandfather's tact. If he'd have been born in Tatty Heath to any other parent you'd be moaning as in all likelihood he'd be one of the scallys that regularly vandalize the ground.

Quote Originally Posted by Duffman View Post
    Harry is a sad little over indulged public schoolboy retard, with his Mother's brains and his Grandfather's tact. If he'd have been born in Tatty Heath to any other parent you'd be moaning as in all likelihood he'd be one of the scallys that regularly vandalize the ground.
    So your saying it's scallys from Thatto heath that are vandalising the ground I don't think so

Just as a matter of fact, have you never used the word he used or laughed at any joke at their expense

Also thought his mothers brains were in her thongs.

In The South Stand warringtonsaint's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by amywinehouse View Post
    So your saying it's scallys from Thatto heath that are vandalising the ground I don't think so

Just as a matter of fact, have you never used the word he used or laughed at any joke at their expense

Also thought his mothers brains were in her thongs
    Didn't know she was a thinger............
    "The great fallacy is that the game is first and last about winning. It is nothing of the kind. The game is about glory, it is about doing things in style and with a flourish, about going out and beating the other lot, not waiting for them to die of boredom." Danny Blanchflower.
    Might have been written by a footballer about football - but never a truer word............

Also thought his mothers brains were in her thongs.
    I don't think so either. I was using it figuratively.

I haven't used that word since I was about 13, since I knew better.

Somebody has made 75K out of it. Happened 3 years ago. Like you say blown up out of all proportion. A lad is killed in Afghanhistan today........ but the main news is a four letter word. What's the country coming to?
    Let's get our priorities right.
    As you say this happened 3 years ago in this case, the colleague referred to actually was a Paki from Pakistan, rather like Aussies are from Australia and Brits from Britain. Hardly insulting language, one would have thought.
    But chief stirrer News of the World thought otherwise because the soldier in question was the Queen's grandson Harry.
    Soldier talk is soldier talk and that's as it should be, but with the Moslem Council of Great Britain howling and the Equality and Human Rights Commission investigating one would have thought someone had shot the Ayatollah.
    What a load of bloody nonsense it all is. In this case Harry's colleague thought it all great fun, but if Pakistani Moslems in general are so ashamed of their roots that one can't refer to it, I feel for them. But then being called a Brit or a Pom never worries me...

I was always taught to respect my elders,
    but it keeps getting harder to find one!

I am a nobody, and nobody is perfect;
    therefore I am perfect

In the Queens Arms dreading the King coming home early.

Quote Originally Posted by oldun View Post
    As you say this happened 3 years ago in this case, the colleague referred to actually was a Paki from Pakistan, rather like Aussies are from Australia and Brits from Britain. Hardly insulting language, one would have thought.
    But chief stirrer News of the World thought otherwise because the soldier in question was the Queen's grandson Harry.
    Soldier talk is soldier talk and that's as it should be, but with the Moslem Council of Great Britain howling and the Equality and Human Rights Commission investigating one would have thought someone had shot the Ayatollah.
    What a load of bloody nonsense it all is. In this case Harry's colleague thought it all great fun, but if Pakistani Moslems in general are so ashamed of their roots that one can't refer to it, I feel for them. But then being called a Brit or a Pom never worries me...
    100% Correct, It is about time people started worrying about us losing our way of life as Immigrant loving sycophants jump on any little normal thing and say we can't do that as we may insult some Ethnic group. So what I, like everyone else at work,get insulted daily by work colleagues as I insult them all in fun "THEY" should get used to it. By "THEY" I don't just mean IMMIGRANTS I mean ALL Politically Correct morons of whatever Nationality Creed or Colour especially WHITE BRITISH RACIAL DISCRIMINATION LAWYERS.
    On the Back foot looking for the front one.

Using the phrase "Paki" isn't descriptive of anyone's roots. It's strongly racist and offensive. And stick your accusations of "political correctness" up your ar$e. No really, please do.

Quote Originally Posted by Duffman View Post
    Using the phrase "Paki" isn't descriptive of anyone's roots. It's strongly racist and offensive. And stick your accusations of "political correctness" up your ar$e. No really, please do.

Oh I'm very sorry if after talking to an Aussie and a Yank and a Frog and a Taff about this Itie that married a Chink in an Argie church I would not wish to upset anyone from Pakistan. RACIST MY AR5E GET A LIFE. BY the way do you know what terms of endearment Pakistani's have for white English people I'd love to hear them before running off to the race relations board. It must work both ways mustn't it????? .

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by Lancasherbrawn&bed View Post
    Oh I'm very sorry if after talking to an Aussie and a Yank and a Frog and a Taff
    No, they aint racist because they aint associated with being derogatory. Calling someone a Paki is, because its a term that has previously been used in a derogatory way.

BY the way do you know what terms of endearment Pakistani's have for white English people I'd love to hear them before running off to the race relations board. It must work both ways mustn't it????? .
    Just because you can find other groups of people that are also racist does not mean that you arent one too.

Quote Originally Posted by The Greatest View Post
    No, they aint racist because they aint associated with being derogatory. Calling someone a Paki is, because its a term that has previously been used in a derogatory way.

Just because you can find other groups of people that are also racist does not mean that you arent one too.
    OK OK I hold my hands up I am the biggest racist since Adolph Hitler I want the complete annhialation of the Political Correctness Brigade, I want all the Chinese Chippies run by proper Chinese carrying Chairman Mao's Red Book, all Indian Restaurants should be Provided with stabling for our Elephants and I want a PAKISTANI NOT A SELF RIGHTEOUS WHITE BRITISH SYCOPHANT to tell me WHY shortening PAKISTANI to PAKI is so utterly offensive it carries more punishment than murder. You say it has previously been used in a derogatory way show me HOW and WHEN so that I can then scramble my way around the foothills of the moral highground that you lot seem to have taken.

What people seem to forget is the FACT that the lad who was called a PAKI by Prince Harry was not in his own words OFFENDED by it so it can't be that bad then? And I suspect a large percentage of the people who found it so terrible they had to complain were also a large proportion of the thousands that complained about Johnathon Ross they didn't listen to it they just jump on the bandwagon to show how" NON RACIST" they are, until an Ethnic non English family move in next door to them that is!

Come on, let's not be silly.

If you cannot see why people describing anyone of a Caucasian Asian background as being a "f***ing Paki" is not racist, then we have a problem. You know and I know that there are many people in this world who use the term "Paki" as an ignorant and offensive way of describing anyone who happens to be slightly brown and it's never exactly used as a term of endearment is it?
    THIS YEAR LENDING SUPPORT TO:- St. Helens RLFC, Manchester City, Celtic, Alemannia Aachen, Steps 1 to 6 Non-League Football

Come on, let's not be silly.

If you cannot see why people describing anyone of a Caucasian Asian background as being a "f***ing Paki" is not racist, then we have a problem. You know and I know that there are many people in this world who use the term "Paki" as an ignorant and offensive way of describing anyone who happens to be slightly brown and it's never exactly used as a term of endearment is it?
    F****ing Paki is the same in offensive intent as F***ing Aussie surely. All I ask is WHY shortening PAKISTANI to PAKI is so utterly offensive. No one mentioned F***ing Paki it had to be a bigoted City supporter.lol

Banned

F****ing Paki is the same in offensive intent as F***ing Aussie surely. .lol
    No it isnt.

F***ing Paki is a term that has been used in a derogatory way many a time. The Aussie one hasnt. It really isnt that difficult of a concept to grasp.

Banned

What people seem to forget is the FACT that the lad who was called a PAKI by Prince Harry was not in his own words OFFENDED by it so it can't be that bad then?

Thats irrelevant. He personally may not and thats fine, however many many people would be offended because its an offensive term. The fact that its come from an individual who is supposed to be an ambassador for the country and has had millions spent educating him makes it worse IMO.

Quote Originally Posted by The Greatest View Post
    No it isnt.

F***ing Paki is a term that has been used in a derogatory way many a time. The Aussie one hasnt. It really isnt that difficult of a concept to grasp.
    It would appear it is for some people!

Whether it started off as a mere shortened abbreviation is irrelevant. The statement has evolved to become an offensive way of describing anyone from Pakistan, India, Bangladesh, their neighbouring countries, and anyone whose family line originates from there.

Everyone is aware of the undertones of it these days and therefore, unless you want to be construed as racist, then you stay clear of such terminology. I mean, 'wog' was simply derived from a shortened version of a harmless little golliwog but I can't see this being deemed as acceptable terminology somehow, these days.

This is not a bonkers, 'Baa, Baa Green Sheep' scenario. The words are very often meant in an offensive fashion and therefore it is not au fait to use them. It really isn't rocket science.

In The South Stand peter soutos tash's Avatar

Whether it started off as a mere shortened abbreviation is irrelevant. The statement has evolved to become an offensive way of describing anyone from Pakistan, India, Bangladesh, their neighbouring countries, and anyone whose family line originates from there.

Everyone is aware of the undertones of it these days and therefore, unless you want to be construed as racist, then you stay clear of such terminology. I mean, 'wog' was simply derived from a shortened version of a harmless little golliwog but I can't see this being deemed as acceptable terminology somehow, these days.

This is not a bonkers, 'Baa, Baa Green Sheep' scenario. The words are very often meant in an offensive fashion and therefore it is not au fait to use them. It really isn't rocket science.

fu##ing blue know all bas##rd
    lol

I thought it was Worldly Oriental Gentleman from the old English Indian Empire days

therefore I am perfect

Learning All The Songs

The thing is Australians dont refer to the kids and grandkids of English immigrants as Pommies or Brits. Whereas in Britain many people refer to kids grandkids and great grandkids of anyone from the middle east to India as Pakis, and almost always in a derogaritive way. Thats why its construed as racist, whether you put f***ing in front of it or not.

Quote Originally Posted by the priest View Post
    The thing is Australians dont refer to the kids and grandkids of English immigrants as Pommies or Brits. Whereas in Britain many people refer to kids grandkids and great grandkids of anyone from the middle east to India as Pakis, and almost always in a derogaritive way. Thats why its construed as racist, whether you put f***ing in front of it or not.
    What is so derogatory about the use of the word ‘Paki’?
    Is it not in the same category as ‘Jock’, ‘Scotty’, ‘Geordie’, ‘Paddy’, ‘Taffy’, etc?
    I can understand the ‘N’ word being offensive but not ‘Paki’

therefore I am perfect