Chapel House Motor Company Limited Advertising Banner
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Hallelujah – it’s time to “Make Someone a Saint”

In The South Stand

Nowt worse than spending a fortune in Marks, then finding they put on a snap sale the day after.

Quote Originally Posted by doghead View Post
    Nowt worse than spending a fortune in Marks, then finding they put on a snap sale the day after.

Mmmm, but will people ' hang fire' next time around when they are due for renewal ? Not quite the same when they expect repeat business.

In The South Stand

Quote Originally Posted by Div View Post
    Mmmm, but will people ' hang fire' next time around when they are due for renewal ? Not quite the same when they expect repeat business.
    exactly...whereas I applaud the club for doing such things to attract new punters and get people spending cash in the shop - they need to look at the long term consequences of these deals.

They started with the "early bird" renewal, that was supposed to end on the 6th October and has been extended indefinately, and now this on the kids tickets. I bought my ST in September when they first went on sale, but had I known that it would be extended indefinately I would have waited till later in the year. People will have bought season tickets for their kids, and will be peed off - some will probably wait next year before renewing their season tickets to see what offers the club will come up with in January. The problem then is that the club may not do any deals next year, so people just wont buy them.

No probs with the club trying new things, but some long term thinking has to be applied.
    "If you're going to strive for a change then you have to keep going upwards,"
    Keiron Cunningham, 2016

In The North Stand With All The Old Folk DD's Avatar
    Newton-le-Willows; East Side of the Fence.

Quote Originally Posted by Div View Post
    That is exactly what will happen, and if no such offer comes along again, they might just sack it off completely.

It seems to me to be another great idea in principle that has just lacked a little in thought and foresight, which is a common complaint around these parts.

Whilst we cannot afford to throw money away (and assumedly this is why it has been announced now), the announcement should have been made at a sufficient time to allow the hardcore supporters the benefit too.

You have to say, it's a bit flawed when some scally hoodie gets a free season ticket and a lad who has been to every game with his folks for years is having his parents fork out £45.

Does anyone think that those who can prove they have already purchased a junior season ticket and then buys the away top, will get the top free or a refund on the season ticket? I doubt it, but if we are being fair to our true supporters then this is what should be done.
    THIS YEAR LENDING SUPPORT TO:- St. Helens RLFC, Manchester City, Celtic, Alemannia Aachen, Steps 1 to 6 Non-League Football

It may be a case of desperately needed cashflow NOW and worry about next years when it comes around. ( and I only said MAY BE!)

Got A Replica Shirt

Well I wasn't deliberately looking for snags so I believe it to be a great step forward.

As someone commented, it's a bit analogous to me whinging that the stuff I bought at Marks last month is now at sale prices.

Well done Saints in trying to get new kids (and their parents) to try out the experience

In The South Stand peter soutos tash's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Shakespeare View Post
    A season ticket brings £5 off new replica kit, free entry to the Fourth Round of the Challenge Cup, five per cent off Saints merchandise all year around and 50% off entry to the Magic Weekend in Edinburgh.

Would you like the season ticket for free too?
    now theres a thought..........
    lol

In The South Stand

Business in offer to new customers shocker.

Great promotion and hope there is a big uptake.

Quote Originally Posted by sydney2002 View Post
    It is a superb idea, and if you already bought a kiddie season ticket, like me, who cares. Great idea by the club, get the kids in for free, but to do so you just need to spend a bit of coin. I like it, and applaud the club.
    Thanks Syd.

This is the mentality we should take. Things are getting tougher and tougher as days go on. People are spending their money with tighter purse strings. A family from this point forward will now be £90 better off. If that means two more fans coming into our ground than before, then why not?

2 questions I would ask.

1. How many of us have introduced people to Saints and they kept on coming?

2. How many will run the risk next year when it comes to cheaper renewals? Will you risk the saving in order to wait for a benefit like this?

In The South Stand

for the last 4 years,and including this one,i have bought 2 adult and 3 junior season tickets.i have held a season ticket for 25 yrs ish.

i have thought long and hard before posting a reply on this subject,reading views both here and on rlfans.i'm not picking on any posters personally,we are all entitled to our views,but the views that matter are from those people who have bought junior season tickets for this season.

i applaud any decision by the club to get more support at knowsley rd,but after being asked to pay £11 to get the kids into a friendly against widnes,why do the club now give new supporters the chance to get in for free at super league matches?it would have made more sense to discount junior admission to £5 for that match.

we were going to buy new shirts for the new season now that the away kit has been launched,but not now.i feel robbed of £90 by the club.

why cant saints reward the loyal supporters?also,these free seson ticket holders will be there with their priority vouchers come final time,thus depriving loyal supporters who don't have season tickets of the better seats.

it has never bothered me when free tickets are given out for certain matches ie catalan and quinns.but this has really p#ss#d me off

Got A Replica Shirt

We bought our season tickets in November two Adult & two Children , we then bought 8 new home shirts for all the family and will be buying 2 of the new away shirts with this new offer does this mean we are entitled to 2 free kids season tickets or 10

Quote Originally Posted by ploughman View Post

it has never bothered me when free tickets are given out for certain matches ie catalan and quinns.but this has really p#ss#d me off

I cannot say I blame you and will you be as quick to renew next time around or will you hang on to see what offers they put on ? I think its half a good idea but it should have been on in September/ October.

Comparing it to a sale in a retailer is cobblers.

I think all those that bought their juniors season tickets should be queing up demanding a free shirt for the kids.

Has anybody actually called the club up and asked if they're entitled to this if they have previously bought a jumior season ticket?

01744 455052

Got A Replica Shirt

we have rang the club
    but the answer was not what we wanted
    all they said was that they are trying to get loyal supporters to bring someone NEW

Starting A Programme Collection gateaux's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Cumbrian Saint View Post
    we have rang the club
    all they said was that they are trying to get loyal supporters to bring someone NEW
    Thats the key though, whether you have paid for a junior season ticket already are not you still have the possibility of taking up this offer, in a way you probably have more chance to as you are more likely to know people in that age range who can benefit from the offer.

I haven't heard one person complain "this offer isn't fair, I don't know a child who can come with me so I am missing out" but I am sure that there are plenty of people who can't benefit from this offer (or other offers that come with the season ticket such as money of MM) but they seem to just see that as with most special offers in life some will be of use to them others won't but no matter what being a season ticket holder means you get a good deal not only with match day admission but with the extra benefits available to season ticket holders.

Quote Originally Posted by Cumbrian Saint View Post
    we have rang the club
    Here's my question to the club then. If for financial reasons, or any other I suppose, you only decided to pick up the family's tickets and kits now, would you be entitled to the free tickets for the kids (even if you had been a season ticket holder before)?

If yes. What's the returns policy on unused season tickets?

Got A Replica Shirt

Quote Originally Posted by gateaux View Post
    Thats the key though, whether you have paid for a junior season ticket already are not you still have the possibility of taking up this offer, in a way you probably have more chance to as you are more likely to know people in that age range who can benefit from the offer.

I haven't heard one person complain "this offer isn't fair, I don't know a child who can come with me so I am missing out" but I am sure that there are plenty of 9people who can't benefit from this offer (or other offers that come with the season ticket such as money of MM) but they seem to just see that as with most special offers in life some will be of use to them others won't but no matter what being a season ticket holder means you get a good deal not only with match day admission but with the extra benefits available to season ticket holders.
    the only trouble with this is that we live just outside barrow in furness and only have room in the car for one more but we will be getting one for our grandson (big ade fan as he lives on Walney) but my problem is with the timming Hudderfeild had the offer of season tickets for £80 at the end of last year I dont thick they will have another offer on now which is better than that

In The South Stand

Quote Originally Posted by gateaux View Post

I haven't heard one person complain "this offer isn't fair, I don't know a child who can come with me so I am missing out" but I am sure that there are plenty of people who can't benefit from this offer (or other offers that come with the season ticket such as money of MM) but they seem to just see that as with most special offers in life some will be of use to them others won't but no matter what being a season ticket holder means you get a good deal not only with match day admission but with the extra benefits available to season ticket holders.
    i think you would change your argument if you had just forked out for 3 junior season tickets and now the club are giving them away for the price of a shirt.as much as i love the club and want to see it do well,MY wallet takes preference.

in reply to div,yes i will leave renewing my junior tickets until the last moment,as i think most people will.if this deprives the club of much needed cashflow at the end of the year,so be it,they created the problem.

Got A Season Ticket

Do the junior season tickets still get you into away games as well?

Got A Season Ticket steeplejack-reconstructed's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by saintpen View Post
    Do the junior season tickets still get you into away games as well?
    Only if you look like Future & have a very good fake student IDlol