Chapel House Motor Company Limited Advertising Banner

Thread: Russell Crowe and South Sydney

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Default Russell Crowe and South Sydney

This is taken from Wigans site, but have any of you been watching the documentary on Channel 4 about the above? Its been on in the early hours of a Saturday morning, but has been a series of the work that he and his business partner have done behind the scenes. Through his connections, he has really raised the profile of the club and in 2007 (which is when the documentary was filmed) they made the play offs for the first time in years.

He came across really well, as a down to earth guy with a real passion for RL and South Sydney.

I was also wondering how you would feel if say for example, a world famous film star wanted to buy into our club (and am not talking about Jonny Vegas)
    On a serious note, I know that its very unlikely but how would you feel if it happened and the said celebrity vowed to make the club bigger and more high profile?

75% of the fans backed him and his business partner and he appears to have won the doubters over. I cant remember how Souths did in 2008 so can only go off 2007.

Thoughts?

i havent seen the programme but have seen interviews in the past and he bleeds RL. On a lighter note who would we get? Gary stretch, bernie clifton, jonny vegas.

In The South Stand

Quote Originally Posted by Reacher View Post
    This is taken from Wigans site, but have any of you been watching the documentary on Channel 4 about the above? Its been on in the early hours of a Saturday morning, but has been a series of the work that he and his business partner have done behind the scenes. Through his connections, he has really raised the profile of the club and in 2007 (which is when the documentary was filmed) they made the play offs for the first time in years.

He came across really well, as a down to earth guy with a real passion for RL and South Sydney.

I was also wondering how you would feel if say for example, a world famous film star wanted to buy into our club (and am not talking about Jonny Vegas)
    On a serious note, I know that its very unlikely but how would you feel if it happened and the said celebrity vowed to make the club bigger and more high profile?

75% of the fans backed him and his business partner and he appears to have won the doubters over. I cant remember how Souths did in 2008 so can only go off 2007.

Thoughts?
    I have watched each of the programmes broadcast and they have been excellent. The programmes have essential been a fly on the wall documentary about the South Sydney Rabbitohs providing history of the club and why the club has been in the doldrums for so long.

Russell Criowe got sick to death of being asked for money to bail the club out and that's why he took the decision to say enough unless I have a say in what goes on.

All power to their elbow and it would be nice to see South Sydney being a really competitive club again in the NRL.

Learning All The Songs Two Wheeled Saint's Avatar

They finished 7th
    All six of programs to the full series is on you tube, I watched all of them the other day was a good program.