Chapel House Motor Company Limited Advertising Banner

Thread: Season ticket sales up 8% on last year

Default Season ticket sales up 8% on last year

In The South Stand

"Despite selective and misleading articles and comments coming out of other clubs and some of the trade press, Saints’ fans are recognising the excellent value for money the Club will offer in 2009."

Have I missed something, what's that all about?

Starting A Programme Collection gateaux's Avatar

The article on the wigan site saying that saints had the second most expensive season tickets in the league - because they only used the cheapest seat price in comparisons.

Quote Originally Posted by gateaux View Post
    The article on the wigan site saying that saints had the second most expensive season tickets in the league - because they only used the cheapest seat price in comparisons.
    http://www.wiganwarriors.com/news_full.asp?newsid=4375

Reminds me of a conversation I heard a few months back regarding Bolton season tickets. Someone was telling this other guy that Bolton season tickets were great value and the other guy said "Yes but you would have to watch Bolton every week". lol

Maybe we should start an advertising campaign in Wigan i.e.

"DON'T BE A CHEAP B*****D, SPEND AN EXTRA 50 QUID AND WATCH A PROPER TEAM"
    I could agree with you but then we would both be wrong.

In The North Stand With All The Old Folk DD's Avatar
    Newton-le-Willows; East Side of the Fence.

Quote Originally Posted by gateaux View Post
    What interested me is that they had junior prices down as £161 when I know for a fact that they can get a seat for half the price in the family stand.
    THIS YEAR LENDING SUPPORT TO:- St. Helens RLFC, Manchester City, Celtic, Alemannia Aachen, Steps 1 to 6 Non-League Football

At least at Saints you're guarranteed the team will be playing there. Buy a wigan season ticket and you could easily be watching them at any ground in the northwest if Whelan feels like it.

Got A Season Ticket

Actually the article didn't have the most up to date figure... it's 11 per cent up!

Got A Season Ticket

I've got a season ticket for 2009 not had one since 2005. Maybe if i purchase one for 2009 & 2010 it will give me priority for a standing season ticket in the new stadium that was my thought.

In The South Stand peter soutos tash's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by maurice flasher View Post
    I've got a season ticket for 2009 not had one since 2005. Maybe if i purchase one for 2009 & 2010 it will give me priority for a standing season ticket in the new stadium that was my thought.
    i might join you this year mate
    i also havent had one for a few years due to shifts
    but now we arent selling any cars
    i'll probably be off more than in
    silver lining eh?
    lol

Quote Originally Posted by Saints Media Manager View Post
    Actually the article didn't have the most up to date figure... it's 11 per cent up!
    Never mind, when it gets to the point that it's 2% down, that won't be reported either!
    THIS YEAR LENDING SUPPORT TO:- St. Helens RLFC, Manchester City, Celtic, Alemannia Aachen, Steps 1 to 6 Non-League Football

I jsut foudn out my ST is in the saints office, the wife ordered it for me for my xmas pressie, but that was about 2+ months ago.... send it to me mr media man...i dont get over to tellins much.... send it me now please
    www.steveprescottfoundation.co.uk

"What the mind believes, the body achieves"

Quote Originally Posted by sydney2002 View Post
    I jsut foudn out my ST is in the saints office, the wife ordered it for me for my xmas pressie, but that was about 2+ months ago.... send it to me mr media man...i dont get over to tellins much.... send it me now please
    Indeed. I ordered mine over two months ago and no sight of that either. Is it that difficult to put a stamp on an envelope? lol

Quote Originally Posted by DD View Post
    Indeed. I ordered mine over two months ago and no sight of that either. Is it that difficult to put a stamp on an envelope? lol
    The wife woman called them the other day and they said "its here for pcik up" how dare they, dont they realise who I am, and that the ST should have bene flown over upon it being stamped up with my name... sham sham sham... wouldnt get this at wire wolfs

WELL •••• ME SIDEWAYS.... My ST has just arrived on my desk, hahaha talk about spooky... thanks media man and your superb staff, you rule !

Book No: 2365 in my hand

Learning All The Songs THELAST3YARDS's Avatar

I went to pay for my xmas present to me from me.

I got it straight away!

No need to wrap it either, I guessed what it was :saint:

Its funny how season ticket sales are up when we have only made one signing and lost some experienced players.

Maybe those fans who state that they get bored of us winning all the time at home are now going to start watching because games may not be home bankers anymore.

Or is it because it is clear that youth will be given a chance and fans want to see local lads make it?

Or is it the marketing by the club with the offers and staged payments? If its the latter then its good work by the club and should be applauded. It should also continue to be the norm for the coming seasons.

Quote Originally Posted by Reacher View Post
    Its funny how season ticket sales are up when we have only made one signing and lost some experienced players.

Maybe those fans who state that they get bored of us winning all the time at home are now going to start watching because games may not be home bankers anymore.

Or is it because it is clear that youth will be given a chance and fans want to see local lads make it?

Or is it the marketing by the club with the offers and staged payments? If its the latter then its good work by the club and should be applauded. It should also continue to be the norm for the coming seasons.
    All 3 ?

Quote Originally Posted by sydney2002 View Post
    All 3 ?
    You would like to think so, but we have made limited signings previously and have always been a club to give youth a chance so maybe its the marketing by the club?

In The South Stand

Quote Originally Posted by Reacher View Post
    You would like to think so, but we have made limited signings previously and have always been a club to give youth a chance so maybe its the marketing by the club?
    its only possible to compare like for like sales once the season starts. the 8% increase is as the same time last year, not for the start of the season.

who knows - people may have bought them earlier this year, or later last year. the early bird deal seems to have been going on for months, so people who normally buy later have decided to buy earlier. impossible to compare until the first game.
    "If you're going to strive for a change then you have to keep going upwards,"
    Keiron Cunningham, 2016

Quote Originally Posted by Eddie Hemmings' Wig View Post
    its only possible to compare like for like sales once the season starts. the 8% increase is as the same time last year, not for the start of the season.

who knows - people may have bought them earlier this year, or later last year. the early bird deal seems to have been going on for months, so people who normally buy later have decided to buy earlier. impossible to compare until the first game.
    Fair point that

Quote Originally Posted by DD View Post
    What interested me is that they had junior prices down as £161 when I know for a fact that they can get a seat for half the price in the family stand.
    Wigan have probably counted that as a "special offer".
    Not being able to do their sums is what made Wigan a second class tenant at the JJB instead of having their own ground.

With your season ticket you just have to ask for it to be delivered as it is over 50 quid (i can not remember the exact price) they will deliver it for you for free. You just have to remember to ask when you order it.
    I could agree with you but then we would both be wrong.

Banned

Ive bought one for the 1st time in 9yrs, but with the squad we have, and with us having no centre i dont know what made me buy one. But still i can get my booing chords ready if everything goes wrong

In The North Stand With All The Old Folk

Quote Originally Posted by Catholic Green View Post
    Ive bought one for the 1st time in 9yrs, but with the squad we have, and with us having no centre i dont know what made me buy one.
    edited

Closer, more exciting games perhaps?