Chapel House Motor Company Limited Advertising Banner
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Disrespectful? ? ?

In The South Stand

Quote Originally Posted by the priest
    Am I missing something? Were people actually there? It may have been brief but the players came over to the Saints end and Foz waved, or was I dreaming this?
    for a brief minute they came down to corner around the west stand near the sticks - whilst ignoring the rest of the fans from any point from there round to the middle of the North Stand.
    "If you're going to strive for a change then you have to keep going upwards,"
    Keiron Cunningham, 2016

In The South Stand

Quote Originally Posted by lee.ashtonsaint
    There was a significant lack of effort from a few players, only players worth a mention are longy, gilmour, graham, roby, cunningham, and gidley. The rest may aswell of been in the stand with the rest of us for what use they were. Some players got subbed and i didnt even know they'd been on. None of our forwards ran onto the ball. Why they dont do that beats me.
    were you watching a different game to me?

long? roby? cunningham? all completely anonymous along with Pryce, Hargreaves, Fozzard, Maurie, Flannery, (Gilmour, in the 2nd half) and Wilkin.
    "If you're going to strive for a change then you have to keep going upwards,"
    Keiron Cunningham, 2016

Quote Originally Posted by OoOGazOoO
    That the lads didnt even stay for Leeds to get the trophy? ? ?

Sinfield even made his speech and we were already in the dressing room.

Bit disrespectful in my opinion, cant remember what happened in recent finals, but i thought the lads would at least stay to acknowledge the Rhinos.
    I wasn't there for the speech who cares!!! lol
    I could agree with you but then we would both be wrong.

Stand out players: Long, Wellens, Graham, Cunningham, Gilmour, Gardner
    Absent without leave: Pryce, Wilkin, Talau, Fozzard, Roby, Gidley, Maurie
    Outclassed: Hargreaves, Meli

Noooobie

nine points from a seasons clean sweep is hardly cause for such negative comments in what became a lottery with the weather

Banned

Who wants to stay and listen to sinfield babble on, we left with 5mins to go as the game was over. Give me the SL anyday to the CC though, its far more important

Quote Originally Posted by Duffman
    Stand out players: Wellens
    Jezz am I the only one who has worked this guy out.

Wellens was Dead slow. He was solid and did not make any mistakes but he was completly outclassed by Smith who was solid and an attacking threat.

Plus I think Fozzard made a big impact for us when he came on and Talau put in a lot of work.

You are correct about Hargreaves and Meli.
    I could agree with you but then we would both be wrong.

Learning All The Songs

Quote Originally Posted by Duffman
    Stand out players: Long,
    I'm sorry - as much as I love Longy, I have to say its the worst kicking game he's had all year.

Leeds game plan, make it an arm wrestle, turn Wellens round and bomb Meli, simple but effective. That's the yardstick for every other coach from now on.

In The South Stand southernsaint7's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Geoggy
    I'm sorry - as much as I love Longy, I have to say its the worst kicking game he's had all year.
    to be fair leeds put him under supreme pressure....as did our acting halves.

Starting A Programme Collection NortonSaint's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by OoOGazOoO
    That the lads didnt even stay for Leeds to get the trophy? ? ?

Sinfield even made his speech and we were already in the dressing room.

Bit disrespectful in my opinion, cant remember what happened in recent finals, but i thought the lads would at least stay to acknowledge the Rhinos.
    A sizeable number of Leeds "Supporters" didn't stay too see Leeds lift the trophy and acknowledge the team as they were at the front of the crowd trying to get on a tram at Old Trafford Station. When asked about this the reply was "We're Leeds Rhinos, Leeds Rhinos"

Quote Originally Posted by Eddie Hemmings' Wig
    for a brief minute they came down to corner around the west stand near the sticks - whilst ignoring the rest of the fans from any point from there round to the middle of the North Stand.

You're dead right mate.

Me and the missus where sat in the north east area, and we where both disgusted that the players didn't come anywhere near. We did stay to see Sinfield's speach, but she's close to never to go to another game if that's the way they treat their fans.............................................. ..we do contribute to their wages after all. I was embarassed by the overall attitude, both during and after the game.

Got A Season Ticket

At the end, Leeds players were jumping around and cavorting in absolute joy- and rightly so having just won the biggest prize available. If any Saints player would have looked to shake hands, pat on the back or the like, they'd have had to wait, feeling dejected and **** wet throught. I wouldn't have hung around either!