Chapel House Motor Company Limited Advertising Banner

Thread: Saints next season?

Got A Season Ticket Agent Provocateur's Avatar

Default Saints next season?

Can you all handle losing to Leeds for a third successive Grand Final next year?
    Love, peace and harmony
    Love, peace and harmony
    Oh, very nice
    very nice
    very nice
    very nice
    ...but maybe in the next world

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by Agent Provocateur
    Can you all handle losing to Leeds for a third successive Grand Final next year?
    Leeds wont get there,

Wigan Saints next year

Got A Season Ticket

could you handle losing a 3rd grand final on the trot?

The problem for saints is now that a psychological issue develops if you meet leeds in a final again soon, like what happened with saints and bulls in the late 90's early 00's.

Quote Originally Posted by snake eater

The problem for saints is now that a psychological issue develops if you meet leeds in a final again soon, like what happened with saints and bulls in the late 90's early 00's.
    It all depends on whether it is raining or not. Leeds must have a better rainmaking dance than Saints. lol

Learning All The Songs McClennan's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by snake eater
    It would be worse to not have the opportunity.

Behind and,on occasion,in the Mill House.

Quote Originally Posted by McClennan
    It would be worse to not have the opportunity.
    Agreed,as long as we get there I'll be happy to see what happens on the day.If we pick up the Challenge Cup and League Leaders shield again along the way that will be another bonus.

Got A Season Ticket thesaintuk.'s Avatar

Think we will have to up our game to be champions again, sl 14 will ring in the changing of the guard i think, meaning,we are not winning everything anymore and other teams are going to be looking to stick it to us next year even more than ever.
    every team has to regroup and re build, every team has to let go of past players and every team change in order to compete. think it is saints turn now. saints need leadership, and stability over the next couple of seasons while the team rebuilds and transforms, post scully keiron and longy...
    Im not biased i dont care who beats wiganlol

In The South Stand

we wont be in the Grand Final next year.
    "If you're going to strive for a change then you have to keep going upwards,"
    Keiron Cunningham, 2016

Quote Originally Posted by Eddie Hemmings' Wig

I think it might be a while before we grace any Major final, judging by last nights performance!!!

Im happy if we make the final - aint bothered who its against, and if we lose. I always hope for a win though as it makes it better day but cant always guarantee it but at least we make it

Got A Season Ticket AnonymousSaint's Avatar

I can't see us winning anything next year, personally I think it will be transition year, at some point we going to have to settle for an average year to get back on top.
    Not born, not bred, but St Helens RLFC through and through!

Got A Season Ticket Stockport Saint's Avatar

Blah blah blah - go back 12 months and read exactly the same posts!! One swallow does not a summer make and it also works in reverse.

In The North Stand With All The Old Folk

Quote Originally Posted by saint AKM
    I think it might be a while before we grace any Major final, judging by last nights performance!!!
    What a load of nonsense! :eek:

In The South Stand Saints-Crusaders's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by thesaintuk.
    we are not winning everything anymore and other teams are going to be looking to stick it to us next year even more than ever.

In 2006 we won all 3 trophies, in 2007 we won 2 out of 3 trophies plus the WCC and in 2008 we won 2 out of 3 trophies.

How much more do u want ffs
    KNOWSLEY ROAD 1890-2010. A part of history soon to be no more...the place that meant so much to so many people. Farewell old lady, forever in our hearts.

yep, I think people may be taking finals for granted. I know mnay fans from other teams go to finals but they might never see there team preform on the biggest stage of rugby league. The Fact that we have be so consistent shows that were lucky and should enjoy-maybe while it lasts, but looking at youths and reserves the future is bright.

Can understand if Daniel would have stayed, (all in the head) but I still think it will have no credence with the matter for next season. different set up.....we'll be there.

In The North Stand With All The Old Folk Scouse Don's Avatar
    Blatherings on That Saints podcast.Back home in St.Helens and in the South stand for service

I am happy to stick my neck out now and say we will be in both finals again next season.Skipper on the pitch all the time and no problem!
    Learned comment from The Don

Learning All The Songs

If it happens, I imagine we will handle better than your ability to handle being a very sad man with no life.

I was really annoyed at the beginning of the season as we had not addressed the issues that caused us to lose to Leeds last years. They I believed were.

1. Our lack of Size and strength in the props.
    2. Our weakness catching cross field balls.

A few weeks back it looked like we had achieved this through coaching rather than new signing. Unfortunately on Saturday we were beaten in the same areas. Hopefully we will find a big prop to sign instead of a Left Centre. Size in the pack is clearly our weakness. Hopeful Pulatua will partially solve this problem.

Going forward we need to blood young players next year. Frodsham would surely be a priority as Hargreaves was very poor on Saturday.
    I could agree with you but then we would both be wrong.

In The South Stand

A lot depends upon the players reaction to another GF defeat and Mick Potter taking charge. If we do manage to sign another Centre to replace Talau is another factor. If matt Gidley was to get injured we are pretty thin in the 3/4 line.

I think we will. Simply because there is no other team in the league that can step up next season. A Potterless Catalan? a Barretless Wigan?

Regardless of how you think we may react i think we will be there with Leeds again.
    I could agree with you but then we would both be wrong.

In The South Stand

Quote Originally Posted by Noel Cleal
    I think we will. Simply because there is no other team in the league that can step up next season. A Potterless Catalan? a Barretless Wigan?

Regardless of how you think we may react i think we will be there with Leeds again.

dare I say it, but Warrington.
    "If you're going to strive for a change then you have to keep going upwards,"
    Keiron Cunningham, 2016

Smile

Yes but next year is going to be Warrington's year

Learning All The Songs Billinge Lump's Avatar

I was really annoyed at the beginning of the season as we had not addressed the issues that caused us to lose to Leeds last years. They I believed were.

1. Our lack of Size and strength in the props.
    2. Our weakness catching cross field balls.

A few weeks back it looked like we had achieved this through coaching rather than new signing. Unfortunately on Saturday we were beaten in the same areas. Hopefully we will find a big prop to sign instead of a Left Centre. Size in the pack is clearly our weakness. Hopeful Pulatua will partially solve this problem.

Going forward we need to blood young players next year. Frodsham would surely be a priority as Hargreaves was very poor on Saturday.
    We've beaten Leeds 3 times this year, last year we only scraped 1 one against them. Any flaws we had concerning them were fixed per season, face it, they are a good side and performed better on the day than we did.

We won't sign a new prop, we'd not have resigned Hargreaves if we were going to and there aren't any of the needed quality available.

We've got other worries in other areas.
    I'm too pretty to be unlucky