Chapel House Motor Company Limited Advertising Banner

Thread: Saved the worst for last...again!!!

Got A Season Ticket

Default Saved the worst for last...again!!!

Can't say anymore, utter garbage, why flog the team to death to win the hub cap to be too ••••ed to win the final......Keep talau get shut of Roby he has been useless all year...Leon Price? did he actually play! It looked like we didn't have a game plan at all they made us look pathetic. Another dismal end to what should have been a glorious season.

In The North Stand With All The Old Folk

Quote Originally Posted by upthepies
    Can't say anymore, utter garbage, why flog the team to death to win the hub cap to be too ••••ed to win the final......Keep talau get shut of Roby he has been useless all year...Leon Price? did he actually play! It looked like we didn't have a game plan at all they made us look pathetic. Another dismal end to what should have been a glorious season.
    If we get rid of the likes of Roby and Pryce we wont be in a Grand Final to lose next year, simple as mate. But, I agree with your other point, finishing top means nothing if we're out on our feet come GF day.

Got A Season Ticket

I never mentioned getting rid of Pryce, only that he didn't turn up, perhaps if one of the Leeds squad had been shagging his mates wife he might have, but can you honestly say Roby has done anything of any real note this year? I can't, and I know he's a Telins lad and all that but I hate to say it he's another Danny Arnold for me, 2 good seasons(1 outstanding) and then nothing. Don't be sucked in by the hype, he is lightweight and no way could he ever replace KC. Claphands Diskin made him look like a schoolboy!

Talk about an overreaction to a Grand Final defeat.

I hate to say it he's another Danny Arnold for me, 2 good seasons(1 outstanding) and then nothing. Don't be sucked in by the hype, he is lightweight and no way could he ever replace KC. Claphands Diskin made him look like a schoolboy!
    I think you'll probably wake up tomorrow and wonder why you typed that pal. Danny Arnold?! How many M.O.S. did he win? Roby hasn't been the player he was last year, admitted, but when he gets the starting job full time next year he'll regain his form.

couldnt agree more with the roby comment. i know the rain played a big part tonight. i just wished pryce could have played any part tonight. i follow the saints around the country season after season and im cheesed off with losing poorly in this final. very unhappy.

Got A Season Ticket

Quote Originally Posted by ManchesterSaint
    Not just that, it's a comment on the end of a season and one that all season I have noticed how Roby has very little impact on a game!

I do think that the week off is not an advantage though. we should play the A team full on in the week off to keep the Steel, it's like when you are absolutely ••••ed doing a job, if you sit down thats it, you don't get up again, I think it's the same in RL anymore than a week off and they shut down. Just an opion!

Got A Season Ticket

Quote Originally Posted by Gray77
    I think you'll probably wake up tomorrow and wonder why you typed that pal. Danny Arnold?! How many M.O.S. did he win? Roby hasn't been the player he was last year, admitted, but when he gets the starting job full time next year he'll regain his form.
    I doubt it. Granted Danny Arnold never won man of steel, but how many wingers do? but Danny Arnold had an amazing season when he was putting trys in left righ and centre, season after nothing and then of to salford or some other lowlights and Roby is following the same pattern for me, I hope I'm proved wrong and you can laugh out loud about my comments but I think he does not have the physical presence to suceed, lets see what he does in the world cup, if he gets picked ahead of clap hands Diskin!

Banned

I never mentioned getting rid of Pryce, only that he didn't turn up, perhaps if one of the Leeds squad had been shagging his mates wife he might have, but can you honestly say Roby has done anything of any real note this year? I can't, and I know he's a Telins lad and all that but I hate to say it he's another Danny Arnold for me, 2 good seasons(1 outstanding) and then nothing. Don't be sucked in by the hype, he is lightweight and no way could he ever replace KC. Claphands Diskin made him look like a schoolboy!

Time will tell, but he has his strengths, he just needs to channel them differently. He is a great player but other sides are used to him so he needs to develop another string to his bow. If his passing game improves, teams cant put 2, 3 or 4 men into the tackle

I do think that the week off is not an advantage though.
    But it didnt hurt us when we had a week off and then flattened em 38-10 two weeks ago did it!

Learning All The Songs McClennan's Avatar

Not just that, it's a comment on the end of a season and one that all season I have noticed how Roby has very little impact on a game!
    Eh? He was our best player last night.

Got A Replica Shirt

YOU need to lay the blame on all the team im affraid.

Behind and,on occasion,in the Mill House.

Quote Originally Posted by jerry the berry
    YOU need to lay the blame on all the team im affraid.
    Or just congratulate Leeds on a job very well done.

Got A Season Ticket

For what it is worth, lets hope the man of steel does not affect Graham next season.

Got A Season Ticket thesaintuk.'s Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by ManchesterSaint
    how do you react to this 2 years in a row??? last year we was burnt out because of the early start to season wcc etc wots this years excuse???
    Im not biased i dont care who beats wiganlol

In The North Stand With All The Old Folk Blobbynator's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by McClennan
    Eh? He was our best player last night.
    Roby our best player?!? :eek:
    Quote Originally Posted by Despondent Dave
    Blobby is a man of style, panache and impeccable taste

Learning All The Songs

Do you actually watch the game or just watch when we put the ball over the line?Roby does tons of work in defence,takes the ball up strongly and gave a great ball for Gardners try.He is now more strongly marked than he used to be but last night our pack as a whole was beaten by their pack and we played the majority of the game in our own half because of Leeds kick chase.

Starting A Programme Collection Armourer's Avatar

I Agree It Was Leeds Kick And Chase In That Shitstorm That Worked Ours Was Dire Ball Going Dead Ball Going To Defender It Makes You Have To Work Twice As Hard Just To Reach Halfway Line

In The North Stand With All The Old Folk Scouse Don's Avatar
    Blatherings on That Saints podcast.Back home in St.Helens and in the South stand for service

Calm Down calm down !! Judging by DA'S reaction in the dressing room at half time (now watched recording) we did not seem to play to our game plan.Kicking game was useless and put us under pressure all the time.We need a decision making skipper on the field all the time in my opinion.That would help in the close big games.If we don't we tend to carry on playing or trying to play our natural style which does'nt help in the big games.Not a criticism just a thought.
    Learned comment from The Don

Starting A Programme Collection iwonthebomb's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Scouse Don
    Calm Down calm down !! Judging by DA'S reaction in the dressing room at half time (now watched recording) we did not seem to play to our game plan.Kicking game was useless and put us under pressure all the time.We need a decision making skipper on the field all the time in my opinion.That would help in the close big games.If we don't we tend to carry on playing or trying to play our natural style which does'nt help in the big games.Not a criticism just a thought.
    Totally agree. We looked shapeless and lacked the ability to change what was clearly not working. FWIW I though KC had possibly his worst game for many a year on Saturday. When he doesn't lead us round the pitch, we look a bit idea-less. I don't really know who the answer is though - as much as I think Wellens is a class act, we looked equally shapeless when he captained the side. It's just possible to be too passionate about the team to be the captain. Maybe we should look to somebody completely different - Graham would be good and had showed leadership qualities but isn't on the pitch the whole time and could suffer in the same way that soul glo did at Wigan as being made captain too early. The returning Captain Lyon could be interesting but I don't think that'll happen for a good while. Outside call on Gidley for a year? Leon's too temperamental, Sean's too in and out and isn't a good enough example off the pitch for the club to keep it's nose clean. Maybe Wilkin???
    What Leeds did well on Saturday was to take KC, Leon, Roby, Sean, Wilkin and to a lesser extent Gidley out of the creative mix. We need to congratulate a tactically better Leeds team on Saturday.

Banned

Roby is overrated,i hope he doesnt get picked for england. Not that it matters anyway the aussies are going to walk the wc

Starting A Programme Collection wrexhamsaint's Avatar

Don't show yourself up, idiot.
    Burning with optimism's flames.