Chapel House Motor Company Limited Advertising Banner

Thread: Jammer!!!

Got A Season Ticket

Default Jammer!!!

Fantastic tonight !!!!!! and proved he is the man of steel ! shame the other 16 didnt match his effort !! well done to leeds but i just though we beat ourselves overall.

p.s is it just me or does everyone here look away when a high ball goes up to Melli and are suprised when i ends up in his hands! bit worry when you see this considering hes a pro !!!

Starting A Programme Collection Woodspeckie's Avatar

I for one hold my breath but how many times does it end up in his hands?

Got A Season Ticket

I just turn away!!! but ball in hands he decent and is big and can make yards but these mistake can lose games and put teams that little bit more ahead at crucial times like tonight. It just happens to many times.

Got A Season Ticket

Quote Originally Posted by sonny nuckles
    I just turn away!!! but ball in hands he decent and is big and can make yards but these mistake can lose games and put teams that little bit more ahead at crucial times like tonight. It just happens to many times.
    quite agree needs more practice on high balls coming to him imo

Got A Season Ticket

is playing rugby league on the wing (for most of the time at a very highest level) not enough practice ?

Got A Season Ticket Brimah Kebbie's Avatar

He seems fine at catching them when he doesn't jump. As soon as he jumps it hits either his shoulder or his head!!
    "I'd rather be on Blackpool Beach than Bondi Beach. They can keep the country to themselves."

Jammer can hold his head up high as usual but few of the other lads wanna take a good hard look at themselves after tonight.
    I ••••in hate Rugby Onion (and Leeds Rhinos)

Got A Season Ticket

Quote Originally Posted by sonny nuckles
    is playing rugby league on the wing (for most of the time at a very highest level) not enough practice ?
    if not mistaken gardener was the same but after practice, would prefer him to get high balls rather than meli

Learning All The Songs St Adrian's Avatar

He needs his hair cutting, thats whats wrong, he jumps up and his wig covers his eyes.

Got A Season Ticket rammsteinbloke's Avatar

In the final 10 minutes, Jammer was the only player wearing the red vee who looked like he wanted to go home with a winners medal.

If we have 17 James Grahams out there tonight we would be champions.

Got A Season Ticket thesaintuk.'s Avatar

dont think any1 deserves slating tonight really, saint were shut down and not alowed to get it out wide prety much. meli did well he was put under presure all the game. we cant play in the rain! thats why we are not a champion side tonite...
    Im not biased i dont care who beats wiganlol

Wello worked hard too I thought
    I ••••in hate Rugby Onion (and Leeds Rhinos)

Got A Season Ticket

Quote Originally Posted by davo1
    if not mistaken gardener was the same but after practice, would prefer him to get high balls rather than meli
    meli has been playing first grade since 1999, (1999 to 2005 in nrl) is 4 years older than ade and played 14 tests 2005. I think thats enough time and experience to practice!!!!

Got A Season Ticket big bossman's Avatar

meli is a liability, if it's in the air he has a 30-70% of getting it. how can this obvious deficiency be missed by the coaching staff, it's taught at grass roots.
    kc looked well past his best, bad day at the office.

Noooobie

Hes been a liability for some time. Thats why Leeds were putting the ball up for him so often, hes a weak link and its well known about.

I don't think fielding the ball in general is for Meli, theres not enough urgency, and every second he takes messing around is nearly 10 metres of field position lost.

I think that centre is a shout for him but I'm not sure I could see him giving the ball to the winger too much. Somethings got to be done though because he isn't going to improve, we can only try and adapt the skills he has or offload him

Starting A Programme Collection saint jimbo's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by kahuna
    Agreed i thought he played well, he was my man of the match
    COME ON YOU SAINTS!!!

Got A Season Ticket

Sorry, Wello kicked out on the full at the restaart at a crucial point in the second half. And was repeatedly caught out by Sinfield kicking early in the tackle count and then having to chase back meaning we were usually starting our sets from well back.

In The South Stand Saints-Crusaders's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by 30th_November
    Sorry, Wello kicked out on the full at the restaart at a crucial point in the second half. And was repeatedly caught out by Sinfield kicking early in the tackle count and then having to chase back meaning we were usually starting our sets from well back.

How was he caught out by Sinfield's kicking ? we put no pressure on the kicker whatsoever, which meant he had time and space to pick where he wanted to put his kick to.... unlike Long who was always put under pressure so his kicks all seemed to go straight to Smith or Hall
    KNOWSLEY ROAD 1890-2010. A part of history soon to be no more...the place that meant so much to so many people. Farewell old lady, forever in our hearts.

Got A Season Ticket

He was caught out because he was often not back deep enough when Sinfield was kicking and then regularly having to chase back to retrieve the ball. I am a big Wello fan but tonight was not one of his best for me. I know there were others who played below par too so i'm not making him out to be the reason for our loss.

Learning All The Songs McClennan's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by 30th_November
    He was caught out because he was often not back deep enough when Sinfield was kicking and then regularly having to chase back to retrieve the ball. I am a big Wello fan but tonight was not one of his best for me. I know there were others who played below par too so i'm not making him out to be the reason for our loss.
    Spot on for me that. Wellens' lack of pace is something that opposition fans readily highlight (and the more observant of our own) this as a weakness that can be exploited. It's something that's been exposed at international level and McClennan got it right last night. Of course, some of Leeds' success is down to having a better kicking game than us but how much of our lack of success with the kicking was down to Lee Smith's excellent game? It seemed to me that he was taking every kick either on the full or going foward. All too often Wellens was trailing back for the kick which our defence in normal games has restricted by putting the opposition on the back foot. Last night we couldn't do that and paid the price. Not Wellens entire fault but the search for his replacement is now a priority for me. We can get another first rate year out of him, maybe two, but beyond that we'll need someone new with pace.

Learning All The Songs St Adrian's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by saint jimbo
    Wello was below par last night. He normally picks up the ball and runs with a side step to get past the first line of defence but last night not possible, weather conditins might have played a part but the fact is we lost yards which we normally make.

Also, why did Gardner pass to Wello when the opposition was charging towards him. By the time the ball got to Wello he was not able to make any more yards that Gardner anyway. Stupid in my view.

Quote Originally Posted by kahuna

Quote Originally Posted by saint jimbo
    Man of the match, his lack of speed was really shown up last night.