Chapel House Motor Company Limited Advertising Banner
Page 8 of 42 FirstFirst ... 4567891011121828 ... LastLast

Thread: Stadium Watch 1

Quote Originally Posted by doghead View Post
    To go all seater would lose you 4000 on your capacity.
    If this is true, it is definitely the nail in the coffin.

In The South Stand peter soutos tash's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Saint Bert View Post
    Warrington away has one of the top 2 best atmospheres now, only 1 reason why! No need to point it out!

JJB is totally sh1te, sh1te view of the far end, sh1te chance of getting a decent spec ( due to the children filling up the prime seats 2 hours before KO I may add ), sh1te location.

Hull has a better atmosphere because we regularly get beat there and it is an all dayer for a lot of the Saints support and the stewards leave you alone standing up.

Reebok and Mcalpine do not even warrent a comment!
    spot on al
    and as div said it doesnt have to be all seater
    you can mix like the hj
    cater for everyone

In all seriousness. The problem with Knowley road is that you can turn up 2 minutes before the game pay on the turnstile shove your way into the middle of the popular stand and have as good a view as someone who bought a ticket in advance or has a season ticket.
    I believe in order to get better crowds Saints need to encourage a culture of advance ticket buying. This will give Saints advanced income from games and allow them to sell out popular sections of the ground in advanced. This would therefore encourage more fans to have season tickets etc etc.
    I am sure a lot of people like the idea of being able to deside on the day of the match if they are going to the match or not (and still get a good spec). But as someone who wants the club to be successful I want this to happen. Therefore (IMO) the stadium needs to have full seating on the sides as a minimum.
    I could agree with you but then we would both be wrong.

Starting A Programme Collection gateaux's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Noel Cleal View Post
    In all seriousness. The problem with Knowley road is that you can turn up 2 minutes before the game pay on the turnstile shove your way into the middle of the popular stand and have as good a view as someone who bought a ticket in advance or has a season ticket.
    I believe in order to get better crowds Saints need to encourage a culture of advance ticket buying. This will give Saints advanced income from games and allow them to sell out popular sections of the ground in advanced. This would therefore encourage more fans to have season tickets etc etc.
    I am sure a lot of people like the idea of being able to deside on the day of the match if they are going to the match or not (and still get a good spec). But as someone who wants the club to be successful I want this to happen. Therefore (IMO) the stadium needs to have full seating on the sides as a minimum.
    i dont see what difference it makes if someone decides 6 months in advance or six minutes in advance they are going to a game - what matters is they go to games surely?

Quote Originally Posted by doghead View Post
    To go all seater would lose you 4000 on your capacity.
    As saints have already said what the capacity is that would indicate they already know how they are going to have the seating standing. Making this debate a little pointless. What is saints position on this? Saints Media Manager are you out there???
    I could agree with you but then we would both be wrong.

Learning All The Songs Gruntfuttock's Avatar

to get back to the subject of this thread , I hadn`t intended to post any new pictures but we were down there earlier on today so I snapped a couple with my mobile as you can see , one side of the site is almost clear , this is the part called phase 2

Have a nice New Year and hope to have some pictures in the spring when they start demolishing the warehouses
    Pre-Match drinks?
    try the George Hotel , George St
    St Helens , A real Saints pub

Got A Season Ticket

Default New ground sharing plan.

Whilst I appreciate the proud traditions of the majority of the rugby league clubs the time has come to put some traditions to bed. In the present economic climate, job losses, pay cuts/freeze, job sharing etc, do you not think that a joint venture with a nearby club that is basically homeless at this moment n time would be good idea? The painting of the stadium wouldn't be a problem, both the same! Only three and a half miles for both sets of fans to travel! Half the cost to both clubs and the chance of possibly a third or fourth club in another sport moving in as tenants! Give it some thought it may well work, especially after the rumours doing the rounds with regard to your proposed new ground being put on the back burner. It wouldm`t work over here in Hull cos we really hate each other but then ours is the only true derby. Oh, by the way, Happy new year to you all lol

In The South Stand

Great we have a back burner, didn't see that in the plans.

Wimpeys have just withdrawn their stock from trading on the stck market today. Share price went down to 15p (it was up near 9 quid at one time). Possibly the first stage before full bankruptcy. It doesn't look hopeful for the sale of KR if they go under.

I would just like to say

we have to trust what Mr McManus tells us , as , at the end of the day , none of us have any real idea what is going on and all this is just speculation , Rumour and Guesswork , keep the faith fellas !
    Pre-Match drinks?

Do you really think not mentioning Wimpey's publicly recorded financial troubles will make them go away?

As for what Mcmanus tells us... he said Wimpeys are buying the land and the contract is firm. Great, except there are developments with Wimpeys on public record. You don't like that, I don't like that, but not mentioning it wont make it go away.

No of course not ,

my point is that we can`t affect it in any way and all the negative posts on here make it sound like nobody wants the Stadium to succeed , the only bit of real news I have seen on here is that news link , and this thread which was started to give fans a chance to see the site seems to have degenerated into spreading rumour and certain "fans" of other teams trying to troll ,
    Pre-Match drinks?

Quote Originally Posted by Gruntfuttock View Post

and this thread which was started to give fans a chance to see the site seems to have degenerated...

I see you didn't say that to the plonkers who constantly, incessantly and rather boringly want to discuss whether to sit down or stand up.

That seemed to be discussion of the actual stadium itself rather than "I heard....." or suchabody is going bust etc
    Pre-Match drinks?

Got A Season Ticket Sceptical Ste's Avatar

Some up to date pictures

Great pictures mate , just shows how much of the site is cleared so far
    Nice one
    Pre-Match drinks?

In The South Stand

Any contamination will be where the site has been cleared, I cant remember anything other than warehouses where the stadium is going to be built.

Banned

Fab photos. But looking at the site now, it's so hard to imagine a shiny new stadium being there instead!

Learning All The Songs Two Wheeled Saint's Avatar

Is there an asbestos issue with the chimneys and the building?

Quote Originally Posted by SaintDi View Post
    Fab photos. But looking at the site now, it's so hard to imagine a shiny new stadium being there instead!

Naaah I can see it everytime I drive past , mind I do have problems with fantasy and reality but on the whole I like my own reality
    Pre-Match drinks?

Starting A Programme Collection Ell Saint Blues's Avatar

I see one of the chimneys went in the last few days.
    TRY rugby league at Blackbrook Royals : http://www.blackbrookrugby.co.uk/

Looks shyt
    www.steveprescottfoundation.co.uk

"What the mind believes, the body achieves"

Got A Replica Shirt Yeovil Saint's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Two Wheeled Saint View Post
    Is there an asbestos issue with the chimneys and the building?

I would imagine all the chimneys built from that era would contain asbestos, and I don't believe for one moment they didn't anticpate this when the project was drawn up.
    asbestos is a harmless fibre in situ, problems only arise if the fibres in the asbestos become single airborne particles, this happens when asbestos is damaged.
    asbestos can be coated with a substance similar to wallpaper paste, it can then be carefully broken up and disposed of. the asbestos removal firm we use charges around £700 per day for safe removal of any amount they can in that time.
    http://www.somersetvikings.co.uk/

Learning All The Songs Two Wheeled Saint's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Yeovil Saint View Post
    I would imagine all the chimneys built from that era would contain asbestos, and I don't believe for one moment they didn't anticpate this when the project was drawn up.
    asbestos is a harmless fibre in situ, problems only arise if the fibres in the asbestos become single airborne particles, this happens when asbestos is damaged.
    asbestos can be coated with a substance similar to wallpaper paste, it can then be carefully broken up and disposed of. the asbestos removal firm we use charges around £700 per day for safe removal of any amount they can in that time.
    The only reason I asked was they obviously are leaving these till last to demolish. I was just thinking down the asbestos angle as a reason. But Ell Saint Blues says they have removed one of them so there must not be a problem.

Cheers anyway.