Chapel House Motor Company Limited Advertising Banner
Page 25 of 42 FirstFirst ... 51521222324252627282935 ... LastLast

Thread: Stadium Watch 1

Has anyone got any inside word of when the meetings that the club will be presenting the 3D images/ scale models have been scheduled for? I'm sure I recollect February being initially offered as a rough time scale. I also thought this would be part of season ticket holders choosing seats etc.

Or have I dreamed this??
    If you cut me in half i'd be white with a redvee!

In The South Stand Saints-Crusaders's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by EcclesMark View Post
    Has anyone got any inside word of when the meetings that the club will be presenting the 3D images/ scale models have been scheduled for? I'm sure I recollect February being initially offered as a rough time scale. I also thought this would be part of season ticket holders choosing seats etc.

Or have I dreamed this??

According to the Club, they stated that there would be a number of Season Ticket Holder forums taking place during February. Can't remember if that's when ST holders can choose their seats or not though
    KNOWSLEY ROAD 1890-2010. A part of history soon to be no more...the place that meant so much to so many people. Farewell old lady, forever in our hearts.

Got A Season Ticket Sceptical Ste's Avatar

Will St Bert be organising a fun barge from the George to the town centre

http://www.sthelensreporter.co.uk/st...-of.6027831.jp

Learning All The Songs Chris Saint's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by SCEPTICAL STE View Post
    Will St Bert be organising a fun barge from the George to the town centre

http://www.sthelensreporter.co.uk/st...-of.6027831.jp
    Might work for Warrington away too lol

http://www.google.co.uk/imgres?imgur...ed=0CBkQ9QEwAw
    Last edited by Chris Saint; 1st February 2010 at 10:34.

Got A Replica Shirt

It's not looking as if we'll be in the new stadium by the end of the 2011 season. Even if the contractors start the build today, it was mentioned that it would be a 14 month build, in which case would take us up to the April barring any delays due to weather, unforeseen circumstances and at the moment the club haven't issued a statement saying who the contractor is. With lead in times and site set up the start of the project even if agrreed at present would be looking at a min of April. I am sure the club have got it in hand but an update now and again would be nice. The club did say models, finalised plans and 3D modelling would be available shortly after there last press release but nothing as come of that as yet.

Got A Season Ticket

The club did say it was worst case 14 month build. So start now, worst case ribbon cut 4/11. In all likelihood we are looking at March/April start giving worst case somewhere between 5/11 and 6/11.

In The North Stand With All The Old Folk Buddy's Avatar

A company called St.Helens Stadium was formed in November, with the registered office being in Newton.

Any ideas what that is about?

Learning All The Songs Wellensisno1's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Buddy View Post
    A company called St.Helens Stadium was formed in November, with the registered office being in Newton.

Any ideas what that is about?
    Maybe a stadium in St Helens?!

It is common for the developers to form sub-companies for specific projects so that if the worst happens the parent company is not affected.

I assume the Newton address is Centrix House the home of Langtree Developments?
    Jammer for Captain!

Quote Originally Posted by Wellensisno1 View Post
    I assume the Newton address is Centrix House the home of Langtree Developments?
    Yup - http://www.ukdata.com/company-credit...M-LIMITED.html

Learning All The Songs Saint Simon's Avatar

as the stadium, and connecting roads arnt built yet, it doesnt have an address, so this will be its company address until the stadium is built

Learning All The Songs

Default Stadium Progress

We are now exactly 12 months away from the start of next season.With no sign of any work or even land clearance of the site,it looks like we will spend the whole of next season playing our home matches at Widnes.With gates averaging at about 6000 (ish) and 25% of takings going to the host club,big losses in sponsorship,can the club take the losses ?

Got A Season Ticket saint mully's Avatar

It starts in March with a 14 month build at worst so should be finished by May at latest. If delays come (inevitably) a season away would be unfortunate and a bit of an annoyance but would rather have that and have the new stadium the following year than no at all. Not ideal playing at Widnes or anywhere else but in the long-term I can tolerate it knowing it means a stadium's coming. The club loses lots of money upkeeping Knowsley Rd as it is, at least there wouldn't be any of that
    [CENTER]
    100% League
    0% Union

ST HELENS - SUPER LEAGUE CHAMPIONS... AND STILL THE MOST SUCCESSFUL CLUB OF THE SL ERA!

In The North Stand With All The Old Folk DD's Avatar
    Newton-le-Willows; East Side of the Fence.

Quote Originally Posted by french and conlon View Post
    We are now exactly 12 months away from the start of next season.With no sign of any work or even land clearance of the site,it looks like we will spend the whole of next season playing our home matches at Widnes.With gates averaging at about 6000 (ish) and 25% of takings going to the host club,big losses in sponsorship,can the club take the losses ?
    It's a worry, that's for sure.

With my construction head on I never deal with optimistic targets because they never come off and, by the ominous silence on this matter, this is one of the least likely of all. How on earth does it start in March if no contractor is in place and the lack of communication on the matter suggests one is not? It's not an extension to a three bedroomed semi!

Did the tenders go out? Are they in and being evaluated? Has anyone been appointed? What is the current estimated start date and what is the contractor's programme of works?

The club continue to go along with the policy that we are all a bit dim and we think that 'no news is good news'. Actually, no news is bad news with the clock ticking away.

If the ground is ready for May 2011, then I will eat my proverbial hat and, as you say, the losses from a year away from the town could be catastrophic.

I think we are well overdue an update. All we really ask for is what stage we are at, not optimistic, keep the public onside, crap, just the truth.
    THIS YEAR LENDING SUPPORT TO:- St. Helens RLFC, Manchester City, Celtic, Alemannia Aachen, Steps 1 to 6 Non-League Football

shouldn't this be in the stadium updates thread???
    Your favourite worst nightmare

Example - Wont go quietly

In The North Stand With All The Old Folk DD's Avatar
    Newton-le-Willows; East Side of the Fence.

Quote Originally Posted by Dyer View Post
    It is, dear!
    THIS YEAR LENDING SUPPORT TO:- St. Helens RLFC, Manchester City, Celtic, Alemannia Aachen, Steps 1 to 6 Non-League Football

In The South Stand

Tenders have gone out, and are being looked at, 5 firms have tendered not 6 as reported.
    Firms have been asked to tender for the whole site, and also individual lots, lot 1 the stadium, lot 2 the supermarket, lot 3 inferstructure.
    So there could be up to 3 firms building on the site, read on a website about St Helens that Tesco want to be in their place ready for next Christmas.

http://www.tendersdirect.co.uk/OurSe...00000002490715

In The South Stand Paul Newlove's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by saint mully;269032=
    . Not ideal playing at Widnes or anywhere else but in the long-term I can tolerate it knowing it means a stadium's coming. The club loses lots of money upkeeping Knowsley Rd as it is, at least there wouldn't be any of that
    You don't honestly think that the weekly/monthly costs of maintaining Knowsley Road are the same as what Widnes would charge in rent and couple of thousand or so that will possibly be knocked off the gate. Whilst it is great that the stadium is coming (fingers crossed) I think it is really poor and potentially dangerous leaving Knowsley Road before the stadium is ready. Call me a scaremongerer but I will be bricking it if when Knowsley Road is demolished the stadium is not well on the way,when KR has gone it will be gone and we will be homeless,I'm just worried,maybe if the club came out with a concrete statement and put us all in the picture some of these fears would be eased.

In The South Stand

Quote Originally Posted by Paul Newlove View Post
    You don't honestly think that the weekly/monthly costs of maintaining Knowsley Road are the same as what Widnes would charge in rent and couple of thousand or so that will possibly be knocked off the gate. Whilst it is great that the stadium is coming (fingers crossed) I think it is really poor and potentially dangerous leaving Knowsley Road before the stadium is ready. Call me a scaremongerer but I will be bricking it if when Knowsley Road is demolished the stadium is not well on the way,when KR has gone it will be gone and we will be homeless,I'm just worried,maybe if the club came out with a concrete statement and put us all in the picture some of these fears would be eased.
    the worst scenario is we could be homeless for 2 months.

In The South Stand Paul Newlove's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by doghead View Post
    the worst scenario is we could be homeless for 2 months.
    How could you possibly know that for sure? I think that's more likely to be best case scenario.

Listening to GMR tonight and they said Salford are reportedly starting their stadium work in 1 month, and are expected to be in their ground for the start of the 2012 season.

Now im actually still sceptical about Salfords proposed stadium construction. I suspect what will happen is the same as last time. In that they will park a portacabin on the site, then turn up with a digger or two, clear away some bushes, and pronounce they are building a stadium.
    The RL will of course fall for this trick hook line and sinker, just as they did at the last franchise round.

If we havent started to see tangible progress with the new Saints stadium shortly eg by end of April, then Salfords timescales will start to look far more achievable.

We are still only just in February, so its not unreasonable for the actual announcement of contractors to be made at the back end of the month, with work then starting the last week in March, or sometime in April, which is what the club have always talked about.
    Whats mudied the waters is that Tony Colquitt has perhaps been over optimistic with some of the things he has reported to the press. This may not be his fault, as it maybe that the developers are feeding him bull, when he asks them for progress reports.

In The North Stand With All The Old Folk Buddy's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Dyer View Post

But when you don't get updates, people start to ask question

Got A Replica Shirt

All we really want is an update from the club. If the tenders are back in, it doesn't take a huge amount of time to analyse them and get a contractor appointed. The timescale mentioned of 14 months to build, look a bit optimistic to me and I'm worried that if knowsley road is demolished and the stadium isn't started we could be playing at Widnes for longer than a year, stranger things have happened before up at knowsley road. Hopefully all will be sorted by the end of the month and we can enjoy are last season at the old lady.

the st helens board must know that a hell of a lot of us saints fans are wondering about whats happening with the new stadium. why dont they come out on the pitch at halftime tomorrow and just give us an update and stop us all worrying
    love lying under the SAINTS

Whether the stadium is going ahead or not I cant tell you, but I can tell you that the manager of tesco in town hasnt heard anything about moving into a new shop, and thats the truth.

My friend works for a company (can't name them) and they got told in Dec that they had won the contract to supply their products (can't say what) for the new Saints stadium! They were told it will commence in April and what they will be supplying is needed quite early on in the build! I'm confident that things will start happening soon!