Chapel House Motor Company Limited Advertising Banner
Page 22 of 42 FirstFirst ... 21218192021222324252632 ... LastLast

Thread: Stadium Watch 1

Learning All The Songs

Quote Originally Posted by The Chair Maker View Post
    A couple of months is nothing in the construction industry, which works in terms of years and even decades when talking about major projects.
    Er... thank you, that's er.... really reassuring, gulp!

Quote Originally Posted by The Chair Maker View Post
    I suspect things will only start to be formally revealed after the tendering process at the end of November. Therefore will possibly be christmas or new year before final plans and any fancy graphics get a public airing.
    I suspect you're right, and I suspect that was always the more realistic unfolding. So why the flying f*ck do the club constantly get expectations up with unrealistic time lines? Are they making releases that they haven't a clue what they are talking about? Are they trying to fob us off with bullshit? Are the club being lied to by their contracting partners who should know what they are talking about?

What exactly is going on with this constant moving back a quarter?

Whatever is the reason, it doesn't do the clubs credibility much good to constantly anounce timelines that are obviously unrealistic or are failed to be met. In these things honestly is usually the best PR.

Starting A Programme Collection

Quote Originally Posted by forward ref View Post
    Er... thank you, that's er.... really reassuring, gulp!

I suspect you're right, and I suspect that was always the more realistic unfolding. So why the flying f*ck do the club constantly get expectations up with unrealistic time lines? Are they making releases that they haven't a clue what they are talking about? Are they trying to fob us off with bullshit? Are the club being lied to by their contracting partners who should know what they are talking about?

What exactly is going on with this constant moving back a quarter?

Whatever is the reason, it doesn't do the clubs credibility much good to constantly anounce timelines that are obviously unrealistic or are failed to be met. In these things honestly is usually the best PR.
    your right. The public relations at the club is a complete f.ck up.
    Cant believe a word that comes out of the place.
    Im of the frame of mind that I will only believe the new stadium is happening when im walking through the turnstiles.not before.Ive been dissapointed too many times.

Behind and,on occasion,in the Mill House.

Quote Originally Posted by saintlysid View Post
    your right. The public relations at the club is a complete f.ck up.
    Cant believe a word that comes out of the place.
    Im of the frame of mind that I will only believe the new stadium is happening when im walking through the turnstiles.not before.Ive been dissapointed too many times.
    Nowt wrong with that,I've had that attitude for years.

Learning All The Songs

Stadium build due to start April 2010 according to a tiny bit in this article on the Saints website today...
    http://www.saintsrlfc.com/news/2175

I've lost track of what we've been told previously so I've no idea whether that's a delay from the plan or not

On the topic of that article it sounds like a decent link up although could it not be considered a bribe to get the company accepted through the tendering process for the telecoms side of things? I know nowt about legal stuff

In The North Stand With All The Old Folk Buddy's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Private Pyle View Post
    Stadium build due to start April 2010 according to a tiny bit in this article on the Saints website today...
    http://www.saintsrlfc.com/news/2175

I've lost track of what we've been told previously so I've no idea whether that's a delay from the plan or not

On the topic of that article it sounds like a decent link up although could it not be considered a bribe to get the company accepted through the tendering process for the telecoms side of things? I know nowt about legal stuff
    not paticularly

Got A Season Ticket UhAhGeorgie Mann's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by forward ref View Post
    Anyone heard the rumour that Saints have been told they must vacate KR by October 2010? The builders they sold the land to are holding them to the letter of the contract because Saints refused to renegotiate the price.

Just something I heard 'on the street' so to speak. Might be a load of guff. Just wondered if anyone else heard owt.
    Not heard anything on the above as such although I have been told from a pretty reliable source that Saints have written to Widnes with a request to use the Halton Stadium for the opening 9 games of the 2011 season, which would suggest it is true. I could live with that but presumably it is based on the current timescales. If we do end up having to use someone else's ground then I can forsee it being for considerably longer than 9 games.

Quote Originally Posted by UhAhGeorgie Mann View Post
    Not heard anything on the above as such although I have been told from a pretty reliable source that Saints have written to Widnes with a request to use the Halton Stadium for the opening 9 games of the 2011 season, which would suggest it is true. I could live with that but presumably it is based on the current timescales. If we do end up having to use someone else's ground then I can forsee it being for considerably longer than 9 games.
    It could equally be less though. We are naturally pessimistic I think but the club will know what they are doing. The first 9 games should be ok, considering we won't get 9home matches on the spin at the start of season 2011.

Learning All The Songs Two Wheeled Saint's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Private Pyle View Post
    The Link Stadium on Linkway St Helenslol

Was the Ancient Monument issue ever resolved?

Also eagerly awaiting the 3D Models and information promised back in August in this article. http://www.sthelensreporter.co.uk/st...led.5566222.jp

In The South Stand Paul Newlove's Avatar

The ancient monument or the bottling shop as it's known could be converted into a cracking pub with the a circular bar running round the bottom of the building. Come on the council you know it makes sense!

In The South Stand

-Just found this on the Leeds site, while we on here are picking up crumbs of info about our new stadium from any tom, dick, or harry, the Leeds fans are being fully involved in their new stand.

http://www.therhinos.co.uk/fanzone/southstand.php

Got A Season Ticket Brimah Kebbie's Avatar

The stadium was back in last nights Planning Committee meeting where all the legal stuff got agreed in relation to finally fully granting permission for all three of the sites to be developed.
    "I'd rather be on Blackpool Beach than Bondi Beach. They can keep the country to themselves."

Quote Originally Posted by Brimah Kebbie View Post
    The stadium was back in last nights Planning Committee meeting where all the legal stuff got agreed in relation to finally fully granting permission for all three of the sites to be developed.
    Fantastic news. Presumably this means the ancient monument issue has bee satisfactorily resolved and we are on target to begin building next month. How exciting!

Now, any signs of those artists impressions?

Starting A Programme Collection Legendary Supporter's Avatar

Nice to be kept in the loop.

I'd have attended had I known!

You didn't miss much as was all pretty boring legal stuff really. Just another thing needed to allow the ground to be fully granted from a planning point of view so that the decision notices can all be issued.
    "I'd rather be on Blackpool Beach than Bondi Beach. They can keep the country to themselves."

Got A Season Ticket Sceptical Ste's Avatar

You didn't miss much as was all pretty boring legal stuff really. Just another thing needed to allow the ground to be fully granted from a planning point of view so that the decision notices can all be issued.
    Great news, also noticed that the planning application has now gone from "pending" to "grant with conditions" What are the conditions? Are the conditions the details in the S106 Heads of terms?

http://212.248.225.150:8080/portal/s...let?PKID=50095

There's a million and one conditions. The decision notice should be on the web tomorrow for you to look at.

Banned

Presumably they are all conditions that can be met?

All depends on the developers really. There's nothing out of the ordinary for a development of this scale.

There's a million and one conditions. The decision notice should be on the web tomorrow for you to look at.
    Where is the decision notice? Have you got a link.

Quote Originally Posted by SCEPTICAL STE View Post
    Where is the decision notice? Have you got a link.
    The decision notice is now in the planning application.

Yes St Helens Council have really got behind this;

£80 grand for signage
    £21 grand for loss of greenland :eek:
    £20 grand for legal costs
    £10 grand for upgrading bus stops
    £20 grand for public realm works for SAM
    £106,892 for management contributions

Cheers to the council

Point 59
    Events that includ fireworks shall not be staged more than four times in any calendar year.
    Thats the St Helens experience out of the window then

In the Queens Arms dreading the King coming home early.

Don't tell me the open air toilets haven't been started YET!
    On the Back foot looking for the front one.

Quote Originally Posted by Two Wheeled Saint View Post
    Yes St Helens Council have really got behind this;

£80 grand for signage
    £21 grand for loss of greenland :eek:
    £20 grand for legal costs
    £10 grand for upgrading bus stops
    £20 grand for public realm works for SAM
    £106,892 for management contributions

Cheers to the council
    Counterbalanced by the £4 million or so they are pumping in to the development