Chapel House Motor Company Limited Advertising Banner
Page 15 of 42 FirstFirst ... 51112131415161718192535 ... LastLast

Thread: Stadium Watch 1

did i dream it or did i read somewhere that the floodlights will be in a halo shape circling the pitch?

Got A Season Ticket Sceptical Ste's Avatar

The stadium roof will be in a halo shape. The floodlights are in blocks, for details look at:-
    Lighting plans - Stadium Lighting, Lighting levels from pitch floodlights.
    Section AA Section BB

http://212.248.225.150:8080/portal/s...let?PKID=50095

Got A Season Ticket Sceptical Ste's Avatar

is the new stadium going to have conference rooms or function rooms?

Learning All The Songs Gruntfuttock's Avatar

2 400 place function rooms I think I, cant access the plans I am in work , detailed plans here http://212.248.225.150:8080/portal/s...let?PKID=50095
    itss down sometimes but keep tryinh
    itd s very impressive build
    Pre-Match drinks?
    try the George Hotel , George St
    St Helens , A real Saints pub

In The South Stand

Quote Originally Posted by Gruntfuttock View Post
    2 400 place function rooms I think I, cant access the plans I am in work , detailed plans here http://212.248.225.150:8080/portal/s...let?PKID=50095
    itss down sometimes but keep tryinh
    itd s very impressive build
    The function room will hold 430, thats the size of a large Labour Club.
    have a root on here, as gruntfuttock says, it's very impressive.

http://212.248.225.150:8080/portal/s...mageName=89953

you will need a reader, as the file are compressed.

Got A Season Ticket

Went to the Arnold Clarks the Renault Garage on Tuesday and saw several surveyors taking measurments on the Linkway out of town by the side of the Stadium and Tesco site.

Every little sign or progress is encouraging.

Can't wait until first girder gets planted.

In The South Stand

Quote Originally Posted by SAINTSAM View Post
    Went to the Arnold Clarks the Renault Garage on Tuesday and saw several surveyors taking measurments on the Linkway out of town by the side of the Stadium and Tesco site.

Every little sign or progress is encouraging.

Can't wait until first girder gets planted.
    cant wait until the last seat is fittedlollol

welshsaint
    Non Members

Are the club going to take some old bricks form KR to put at the corner stone or up for the topping out?

Quote Originally Posted by welshsaint View Post
    Are the club going to take some old bricks form KR to put at the corner stone or up for the topping out?
    If they do anything with KR, I want them to have the Ste Bannister wall.

Remove the Pavillion end bog wall and you can p*ss it all away.

In The West Stand

Quote Originally Posted by welshsaint View Post
    Unlike where Leigh missed a chance. Saints should sell off as much as they can, from the pitch to seats to brickwork, anything really !!!

welshsaint
    Non Members

The need to be sharper than Swansea City at the Vetch... they aimed for that but by clearance at the final match just about everything went out with the Swans..Lol

Banned

A friend of mine who has been a Saints supporter since she popped out of the womb wants a piece of Knowsley Road turf when the time comes for it to be put to rest. I reckon the club could do a roaring trade in selling off bits of the stadium to nutter fans! I think I'd quite like to buy the hole in the roof that I stand under at each home game. It will remind me of the many times I have been splatted by a falling raindrop at a crucial moment in a match!

In The North Stand With All The Old Folk paulscnthorpe's Avatar

i think the club would need to employ a lot of stewards at the last ever home game when it comes.. i wouldn't want it to become a free for all for fans to grab whatever they can lay their hands on.. i think that would be a sad way for knowsley road to go

Quote Originally Posted by paulscnthorpe View Post
    i think the club would need to employ a lot of stewards at the last ever home game when it comes.. i wouldn't want it to become a free for all for fans to grab whatever they can lay their hands on.. i think that would be a sad way for knowsley road to go
    TBF, there is very little to grab.

A nice pitch invasion would be nice though. Remember my youth one last time before it is gone forever.

Starting A Programme Collection itwillalwaysbewithme's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Lex View Post
    Unlike where Leigh missed a chance. Saints should sell off as much as they can, from the pitch to seats to brickwork, anything really !!!
    Didn't Liverpool sell off pieces of the old Kop in Keyrings? They should do that with the popular side.
    itwillalwaysbewithme

Always your year

I was at a Wigan football match that we sponsored with work recently, and we were all given "hallowed turf" keyrings from there!

Quote Originally Posted by SAINTSGUS View Post

McManus said at the Shareholders meeting that ... the new stadium will be usuable in Mid 2011
    So it's MID 2011 now!!!! First time I've heard that. We will have to move mid season. Bugger

In The North Stand With All The Old Folk

I really hate the idea of moving mid-season. It always takes a new club a few games to settle into a new ground, and we really should finish a season at KR before we stop using it. I think it'd be weird playing our last ever league game at KR in May for example, then playing another game the week after!
    From a marketing perspective as well, the new ground should open at the start of a season, really hype it up and make sure its a massive occasion. Changing grounds mid-season just won't feel as special as it should do, both in terms of sending KR off the right way or starting a new era off as well.

Learning All The Songs saintollie's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Gray77 View Post
    I really hate the idea of moving mid-season. It always takes a new club a few games to settle into a new ground, and we really should finish a season at KR before we stop using it. I think it'd be weird playing our last ever league game at KR in May for example, then playing another game the week after!
    From a marketing perspective as well, the new ground should open at the start of a season, really hype it up and make sure its a massive occasion. Changing grounds mid-season just won't feel as special as it should do, both in terms of sending KR off the right way or starting a new era off as well.
    not ideal but McManus mentioned at the meeting what could be done to aid the transition; the new ground cant come quickly enough for him

he said he could be a few months into the 2011 season but nothing is settled as yet so lets wait and see before we start complaining, at least its is happening

When he says useable does he not mean useable for all the functions, meetings, training and what not, not necessarily playing games? In the finance thread everyone is unified in the fact that KR is costing us money day in day out so an early dart is the best option for all concerned, just do it in time for a big home game against wigan/leeds/warrington and make sure we christen it with a win!

In The South Stand

A mate of mine who has just retired from the council was telling me that they where looking at alternative entrances and exits into the ground, now anybody who has been to Halfords lately will have notice part of that building as been flattened.
    Halfords is back to back with where the new stadium will be, divided only by the old railway line but, here is my theory, there is a railway bridge still standing in what was Warrington Old Road, it stands yards from where the new stadium will be, is this to be used for access to the stadium, after all toll barriers are being put up on the Halfords retail site and will no doubt be used for match nights.

Thr old halfords has actually been extended and is going to become Dunelms

Gazza
    don't forget your darkest hour is only 60 minutes long
    KEEP THE FAITH
    Gene Hunt BACK ON MONDAY 20th
    QUIT YO' JIBBER JABBER

Quote Originally Posted by doghead View Post
    A mate of mine who has just retired from the council was telling me that they where looking at alternative entrances and exits into the ground, now anybody who has been to Halfords lately will have notice part of that building as been flattened.
    Halfords is back to back with where the new stadium will be, divided only by the old railway line but, here is my theory, there is a railway bridge still standing in what was Warrington Old Road, it stands yards from where the new stadium will be, is this to be used for access to the stadium, after all toll barriers are being put up on the Halfords retail site and will no doubt be used for match nights.
    Halfords are moving to the other end of the site next door to HHS Hire

I was always taught to respect my elders,
    but it keeps getting harder to find one!

I am a nobody, and nobody is perfect;
    therefore I am perfect

In The West Stand

Quote Originally Posted by saintollie View Post
    not ideal but McManus mentioned at the meeting what could be done to aid the transition; the new ground cant come quickly enough for him

he said he could be a few months into the 2011 season but nothing is settled as yet so lets wait and see before we start complaining, at least its is happening
    Maybe the club could put a voting form in season tickets prior to the beginning of the change over season. Giving the fans the choice to move mid season or not. Surely we could have some say, we are the ones who will be coming through the turnstiles after all ..