PDA

View Full Version : SBS UPDATE: Stadium Development News and General Discussion

DD
21st April 2008, 20:10
Just to keep everyone abreast of what is happening with the SBS Group, what the state of play as we see it is and what we intend to do as a result between now and the Planning Hearing on 20th May

http://www.redvee.net/readarticle.php?article_id=731

Hope this is all reasonably informative.

Blobbynator
21st April 2008, 21:25
Awesome article, Dave.

FearTheVee
21st April 2008, 21:28
Terriffic article.

Well done, and thank you, to those putting their time into this project - it is much appreciated by those of us who can't always get back 'oop north to make their prescence felt.

Thanks for the write up Dave.

The Chair Maker
21st April 2008, 21:50
Awesome article, Dave.

He plagiarised the first half, almost in its entirety from me ;)

THELAST3YARDS
21st April 2008, 22:04
Quality work DD.

Doogal
21st April 2008, 22:22
bravo!

and not one mention of lazy barmaids, toothless or ginger bob.

full plaudits to everyone,support our leaders!

DD
21st April 2008, 22:22

Bang to rights! :)

Blobbynator
21st April 2008, 22:28

Don't believe you. Awesome stuff Dave! :D

Arthur Bitter
21st April 2008, 22:29
Absolutely splendid article!

DD
21st April 2008, 22:42
Don't believe you. Awesome stuff Dave! :D

To be fair, the Current Situation up to the end of Point 7 is all The Chair's work.

One must be fair and British about these things. :)

Doogal
21st April 2008, 22:56
To be fair, the Current Situation up to the end of Point 7 is all The Chair's work.

One must be fair and British about these things. :)

We still dont believe you!

dufc4
21st April 2008, 23:53
Great article the chair maker ;)
seriously must had taken alot of time to write that up and i'm sure everyone here on redvee appreciates it :D

Bainsey
22nd April 2008, 01:49
I must agree with the other replies by also saying what a great article it is and how fantastic it is to hear that there are people out there willing to give up their own social time & probably money for our great club.

Great work lads! I will be there at wire this Friday giving you my full vocal support! :D

Scouse Don
22nd April 2008, 09:25
Don't care who wrote it but well done,keep up the good work everyone.

iwonthebomb
22nd April 2008, 09:28
Again, a quality article from all involved!!!;)
I'll certainly be there on Friday and shouting along. Likewise against Cats. Are we able to get this artice into the Star or something? My point being that the info is great but only if people visit this site and not everyone does. The handouts are great too, but will still only hit a small proportion of fans. I think we need to hit as many as conceivibly possible so the local press would be the best next step I think??

Cedarman
22nd April 2008, 09:46

............who in turn plagiarised it from the St Helens planning applications page. :eek:

SAINTSAM
22nd April 2008, 09:57
Placards in production will be ready for Saturday morning event!

Great article, I hope this motivates every saints fan to get behind the campaign.

Baz

Annies Song
22nd April 2008, 14:15
I must agree with the other replies by also saying what a great article it is and how fantastic it is to hear that there are people out there willing to give up their own social time & probably money for our great club.

Great work lads! I will be there at wire this Friday giving you my full vocal support! :D

Errrm.... And Ladies !! i attend meetings too ( when the men let me )

Makim Retire
22nd April 2008, 14:23
Top post!

Bainsey
22nd April 2008, 15:02
Btw does anyone reckon that DD should do a Roy Cropper and park up a big 40 foot trailor across the entrance ways of Morrisons for the protests?

Now that would REALLY stir things up! lol

DD
22nd April 2008, 15:15
Btw does anyone reckon that DD should do a Roy Cropper and park up a big 40 foot trailor across the entrance ways of Morrisons for the protests?

It would be a nice idea if I drove and if I was actually attending. ;)

The Chair Maker
22nd April 2008, 15:49
............who in turn plagiarised it from the St Helens planning applications page. :eek:

Shhh!!

What i actually did was read through all the planning submissionsdocs on the website and then sumarise them

A wonderfull couple of hours reading , NOT!!!

;)

Dyer
22nd April 2008, 16:02
Great article, really imformative. I'm sure we all agree that between now and 20th May we really need to pull our fingers out and get supporting this stadium application. The protests/demonstrations lined up are really good ideas that have been well thought out to give a big impact, yet remain appropriate and not OTT.

Will be there on Friday at Wire singin away AND at Morrisons (boo) on Saturday morning

Anyone have any ideas for a banner?

Annies Song
22nd April 2008, 16:08
Great article, really imformative. I'm sure we all agree that between now and 20th May we really need to pull our fingers out and get supporting this stadium application. The protests/demonstrations lined up are really good ideas that have been well thought out to give a big impact, yet remain appropriate and not OTT.

Will be there on Friday at Wire singin away AND at Morrisons (boo) on Saturday morning

Anyone have any ideas for a banner?

We already have a banner, and we've got placards being made , and also there's the flags etc,

DD
22nd April 2008, 16:39
Will be there on Friday at Wire singin away?

I wouldn’t bank on there being any songs, unless someone wants to lead from the front.

For reasons best known to themselves, most of our lead SBS members are elsewhere on Friday and I am just not a born leader when it comes to songs. Everyone just ignores me! You've got to be in the clique to start a song! lol

Dyer
22nd April 2008, 16:47
Thought the plan was to sing 'we want our stadium'???

I'll sing, you's can shout 'on yer own'

Bainsey
22nd April 2008, 17:01
I wouldn’t bank on there being any songs, unless someone wants to lead from the front.

For reasons best known to themselves, most of our lead SBS members are elsewhere on Friday and I am just not a born leader when it comes to songs. Everyone just ignores me! You've got to be in the clique to start a song! lol

With that said DD, you quite obviously dont read back what your fingers have been typing! lol

Either that or you completely copy and pasted the whole script from Chairmaker? ;)

SaintJon
22nd April 2008, 17:30
great article mate

I can't believe how complex this whole thing is, like DD has said if this doesnt go through then there is no plan B. I know we get alot of fans who can't make every home/away game and sometimes get labeled "part timers" for only going the big games but unless you have a good enough excuse then every TRUE saints fan has to be outside morrisons the day after the wire game and outside the town hall before the catalan game. Even if you can't afford to go to the match, it isnt an excuse for not turning up and giving your support to the club. OUR FUTURE DEPENDS ON IT

DD
22nd April 2008, 20:35
With that said DD, you quite obviously dont read back what your fingers have been typing! lol

Either that or you completely copy and pasted the whole script from Chairmaker? ;)

I know what I said. But I am not exactly confident anyone will do it.

It's not as if we have had a plethora of excited "oh let's do it " responses to any of the suggestions is it? ;)

DD
22nd April 2008, 20:37
but unless you have a good enough excuse then every TRUE saints fan has to be outside morrisons the day after the wire game

Does going to the City game count? :D

Reacher
22nd April 2008, 21:04
Does going to the City game count? :D

Or taking a days leave to watch the title decider being played ? :D

Think we are excused Dave ;)

Sceptical Ste
22nd April 2008, 22:21

With DD parking up the trailer would look more like Hayley Cropper than Roy ;)

Well done to all involved for a great article, and thanks for keeping us informed with the behind the scenes developments.

sale_mike
22nd April 2008, 22:43
How many people sit on the Planning Committee and is it a majority decision as to whether a particular plan gets passed or not?

DD
22nd April 2008, 23:46
How many people sit on the Planning Committee and is it a majority decision as to whether a particular plan gets passed or not?

There's always one who catches you out isn't there? lol

Spider Ski
22nd April 2008, 23:56

Is it going to be me again?

I'll find the megaphone

bobble
23rd April 2008, 09:32
I'm not sure everyone understands what's happening in May.

It is possible that the planning app will not be voted on at all in May. It's only on the agenda to review progress. A review of progress does not usually end in a decision. It will only go for a vote when the planning officers decide it is in a state to vote on. Up to now this hasn't been made clear. Maybe this will change between now and May, maybe not.

Oh, and there is no need to worry about it being passed once the planning officers decide it is in a condition to be voted on. Councillors, of all parties, are falling over themselves to vote this through. They all want to be found conspicuous in their support. So the vote is not a problem.

Getting it put in front of them for a vote is the problem, and it's still possible that this might not happen in May.

SAINTSAM
23rd April 2008, 13:27
There are going to be some very red faced councillors if it isnt voted upon on the 20th May. I will be very surprised if it doesnt happen bearing in minfd teh staements already made in the press.

sale_mike
23rd April 2008, 14:21
There's always one who catches you out isn't there? lol

Not meant in that waylol . Just interested to see if anybody knows and by the way, how do you get to be qualified to vote on something that is that important to so many people?

saintly
23rd April 2008, 16:51
i just wanted to show my support however wont be able to attend on Saturday as i have got involved in one of the new rugby clubs in knowsley so dont want to miss training on Saturday morning

Good luck to everyone tho, take pictures!!

DD
23rd April 2008, 19:23
I'm not sure everyone understands what's happening in May.

It is possible that the planning app will not be voted on at all in May. It's only on the agenda to review progress. A review of progress does not usually end in a decision. It will only go for a vote when the planning officers decide it is in a state to vote on. Up to now this hasn't been made clear. Maybe this will change between now and May, maybe not.

Oh, and there is no need to worry about it being passed once the planning officers decide it is in a condition to be voted on. Councillors, of all parties, are falling over themselves to vote this through. They all want to be found conspicuous in their support. So the vote is not a problem.

Getting it put in front of them for a vote is the problem, and it's still possible that this might not happen in May.

And there's always someone who has to spoil things isn't there? ;)

From what we have heard, the club, the MPs and the Developer are pretty sure that it will be voted on on 20th May. They certainly never once indicated that there was any possibility that it wouldn't be.

bobble
24th April 2008, 00:40
Yes I realise that is a little negative, but right at the moment it is only on the agenda for review. Let's hope this pressure pushes it up in the officer's priorities and it is in a complete enough state to vote on ASAP.

The planning officers are trying their best to have all bases covered if/when this is called in to central government. Hence their reticence to let go.

Spider Ski
24th April 2008, 00:59
If it gets pulled to NW (the general line is it will), we have started planning harrying the process through.

The issue is getting it beyond red vee and RLFans, and getting the apathetic masses to do something about it.

Makim Retire
24th April 2008, 09:44
To be fair the issue has always been beyond the message-boards but falling well short of a mass movement.

You cannot underestimate the apathy of the population if it requires any greater effort than texting in a vote to some moronic TV programme.

Hopefully, Sintelliners will realise just how important this issue is for the club and town. The time is now - let's hope people will start to support on mass, starting with the Morrissons rally this Saturday.

DD
24th April 2008, 10:35
I believe that last night there was a meeting between some of the SBS members and the the Developer, Langtree Holdings, to discuss the stadium proposals

A DVD is to be released on line on Monday 12th May for people to view the stadium proposals, which will be linked to the official Saints website.

In the meantime, in the run up to the Planning Meeting, if anyone has not yet signed the 'on line petition' or knows anyone who hasn't; i.e family and friends, could they please sign here, on the stadium website?

http://www.sthelensstadium.com/pages/nextstep.htm

Spider Ski
24th April 2008, 10:47
This explainsthe situation with the votes (http://the-entertainers.tv/news.php)

The market data on the original 11,500 votes received has been done and dusted. But, we need people to show support. 1,500 votes came back opposing the stadium.

doghead
24th April 2008, 12:04
Got told last night that Dave Watts is now seeking further talks with Morrisons, got told he is trying to meet with the top man.

Makim Retire
24th April 2008, 14:12
Everybody in a Saints household should sign the online petition - it will close in three weeks. You sign it, partners, sons, daughters, all friends and relations. Come on let's get over 20 thousnad before it closes.

Good link Dave!

Sceptical Ste
24th April 2008, 17:49
Got told last night that Dave Watts is now seeking further talks with Morrisons, got told he is trying to meet with the top man.

It says in this article that he is trying to arrange talks with the chief executive, after the first meeting was "negative" with the property director, Roger Owen.

http://www.sthelensstar.co.uk/news/news/display.var.2201985.0.mp_warns_morrisons_over_obje ction_to_stadium_plans.php

upthepies
24th April 2008, 22:17
I find it odd that 2011 has always been the intended date, The general manager of the club stated to me very clearly at the begining of the season that they "have 2 years at KR and that is it they have to get out" and in his words, "they had better get a move on or we're buggered" Just telling you what he told me and if he is'nt in the know I don't know who is.
I'm affraid I've heard so much talk and so many deadlines have fallen by the way side that when I see it built with my own eyes i'll belive it! And I certainly wouldn't belive a word that falls out of Langtrees collective traps, from reading the article it would appear that they have made a few errors in their plans that have caused delay and conflict. This rant is in no way directed at you fine people doing a fantastic job of keeping the dream of a fit stadium for the saints alive purely putting another point of view accross.

Dave Howarth
25th April 2008, 00:53
My commitment to the SBS is 100% behind the cause, I cannot stress to anyone who reads these threads how important these planned activities are. This is all about us the fans showing how much a new stadium means to us all and also more importantly what is means to the regeneration of the town.

Lets face it to many this town unfortunately does not have a lot going for it but to have something that we can all be proud of ie a world class stadium for a world class team is something that we all want.

What the SBS are planning is unpresedented in recent times. The last time Saints fans spoke we ensured Ellery kept his job. Remember those days!!

This is our chance!! The SBS have made a commitment to ensure that we make the people in power sit up and take notice. Since our formation we have seen the following items come into the public domain

Date of the Planning Meeting
Council Funding explained
MP Involvement speaking to Morrisons
Dialogue with Club, Developers, MP's

Massive steps have been made, but this is only the start. As someone else has stated elsewhere on one of these threads, I cannot state the importance of the demo at Morrisons this coming Saturday and the march on May 17th.

IF FANS DO NOT SUPPORT THESE SUPPORTER EVENTS THEN THE CLUB RUNS THE RISK OF BEING RIDICULED FOR HAVING TOTAL APATHY TOWARDS THE STADUM BID. WE NEED YOUR SUPPORT!

Imagine 10 people turning up on Saturday and 100 people turning up for a march on the 17th. Morrisons would have a field day and it would be used against us.

IF YOU WANT A NEW STADIUM PLEASE, PLEASE SUPPORT THE SBS OVER THE COMING WEEKS AND TURN OUT IN FULL SUPPORT OF OUR CLUB AND OUR TOWN

Cheers

Dave

Makim Retire
25th April 2008, 10:45
Top post, sir!

saint mully
25th April 2008, 18:45
Hope it goes well tomorrow. Is anything being planned for Wire cup game with BBC cameras being there?

DD
28th April 2008, 09:55
Who is updating the SBS website, may I ask?

For anyone who has noticed this on the Programme of Events, can I just infrm you that there is no rally planned for the Local Elecetions this Thursday.

This was discussed but we have since decided not to pursue this course of action.

Makim Retire
28th April 2008, 10:47
Bigman is updating the site on his return from his well earned jollies.

There is quite a bit to update after the last week but the programme of events should be done first.

We will now be concetrating on the petition drive and of course our "March for Progress" on May 17th.

DD
28th April 2008, 11:03
Bigman is updating the site on his return from his well earned jollies.

There is quite a bit to update after the last week but the programme of events should be done first.

We will now be concetrating on the petition drive and of course our "March for Progress" on May 17th.

Oh right! Do I know you? lol

djgazza
14th May 2008, 17:33
been on a website[oldliverpoolrailways] and there is a map on there showing that they are going to reopen sthelens junction to st helens central with a station somewhere in peasley cross

gazza

Legendary Supporter
15th May 2008, 04:27
been on a website[oldliverpoolrailways] and there is a map on there showing that they are going to reopen sthelens junction to st helens central with a station somewhere in peasley cross

gazza

Can you please post a link to this article?

HoofeHearted
15th May 2008, 08:36
http://www.oldliverpoolrailways.tk/ ?

Can't find the article though!

djgazza
15th May 2008, 09:03
i've got a file on my desktop but i dont know how to get it onto the forum

Blobbynator
15th May 2008, 10:03
A DVD is to be released on line on Monday 12th May for people to view the stadium proposals, which will be linked to the official Saints website

Well...?

The Chair Maker
15th May 2008, 11:22
Well...?

The DVD is out there as i saw Arthur Bitter with a copy last Saturday prior to wolfs match

Blobbynator
15th May 2008, 11:32
The DVD is out there as i saw Arthur Bitter with a copy last Saturday prior to wolfs match

I was questioning the part about it being on the official Saints website to be honest. Is it online anywhere?

Spider Ski
15th May 2008, 12:26

It should have been online. If anyone wants one, I'll bring the box of them to the George on Saturday.

The Chair Maker
15th May 2008, 13:02
It should have been online. If anyone wants one, I'll bring the box of them to the George on Saturday.

Can you save me one.

I wont be able to get to george early as will be in bed,( i finish night shift at 8am) before heading off to steward the march.

Blobbynator
15th May 2008, 16:44
http://www.sthelensstadium.com/default.htm

Video online.