PDA

View Full Version : NME Awards

Div
29th February 2008, 13:55
The last weekly British music paper the NME has now completed its transition totally into the mainstream. It might as well merge with the Brits.

Best British band - Arctic Monkeys
Best international band - The Killers
Best new band - The Enemy
Best live band - Muse
Best solo artist - Kate Nash
Best album - Myths of the Near Future by Klaxons
Best track - Fluorescent Adolescent by Arctic Monkeys
Best video - Teddy Picker by Arctic Monkeys
Best live event - Reading and Leeds Festival

Spider Ski
29th February 2008, 14:00
How can that smack head cack biscuit Docherty be considered a hero?

Shakespeare
29th February 2008, 14:02
The last weekly British music paper the NME has now completed its transition totally into the mainstream. It might as well merge with the Brits.

Best British band - Arctic Monkeys
Best international band - The Killers
Best new band - The Enemy
Best live band - Muse
Best solo artist - Kate Nash
Best album - Myths of the Near Future by Klaxons
Best track - Fluorescent Adolescent by Arctic Monkeys
Best video - Teddy Picker by Arctic Monkeys
Best live event - Reading and Leeds Festival

Div, it's been shat for years.

How can that smack head cack biscuit Docherty be considered a hero?

I've heard the turd you listen to at times. Don't even start on the subject.

Supersaint
29th February 2008, 17:34
Hero of the year - Pete Doherty

NME = SHITE

Div
29th February 2008, 18:00

NME = SHITE

Well I thought The Killers as best international band was a worse one than that.

McClennan
29th February 2008, 19:11
Is that the tenth year in a row for Muse as best live act?

BFCSaint
29th February 2008, 19:56

NME = SHITE
What the hell has he actually done, apart from a few Class A, B and C?! :eek:

Next, people will be feeling sorry for Amy Housewine...

Oh, wait.

boltonsaint
29th February 2008, 21:37
Hillarious !!!!!!

Shakespeare
1st March 2008, 03:17
What the hell has he actually done, apart from a few Class A, B and C?! :eek:

Next, people will be feeling sorry for Amy Housewine...

Oh, wait.

He got to do things to Kate Moss that we can only dream of. Winner.

Spider Ski
1st March 2008, 03:24
I've heard the turd you listen to at times. Don't even start on the subject.

This isn't about musical talent.

It is about naming a low life waster oxygen thief who has had several brushes with the law for his drug abuse, and refusal to deal with it a hero.

If Dickerty is a hero, then we may as well pick a tramp up in Liverpool, put him in "trendy" clothes, set up a gig, get him to cancel and let him carry on with his life. He'll have the award in no time.

Shakespeare
1st March 2008, 03:42
I agree that hes not a hero, but Pete is a really nice guy.

Supersaint
1st March 2008, 10:15
I agree that hes not a hero, but Pete is a really nice guy.

Course he is..... nice guys inject other people with drugs dont they.

Shakespeare
1st March 2008, 10:47
Course he is..... nice guys inject other people with drugs dont they.

Nice people kill other people in some circumstances. Spend time with that person before you judge them.

Supersaint
1st March 2008, 12:12
Nice people kill other people in some circumstances. Spend time with that person before you judge them.

The lad is an idiot and just because i've not had the privelige of a one of chat with him wont change my opinion.

Actions speak louder than words.

Shakespeare
1st March 2008, 13:38
The lad is an idiot and just because i've not had the privelige of a one of chat with him wont change my opinion.

Yes, they do. At a gig of theirs in Liverpool, i had the pleasure of bumping into him earlier in the day. Chatted for a bit, had a laugh, then he asked about a local place to get something to eat. We told him and he took us.

Supersaint
1st March 2008, 14:21
Yes, they do. At a gig of theirs in Liverpool, i had the pleasure of bumping into him earlier in the day. Chatted for a bit, had a laugh, then he asked about a local place to get something to eat. We told him and he took us.

I'll look forward to seeing you in your Pete Doherty Hero of the year T Shirt then ;)

Shakespeare
1st March 2008, 14:55
I'll look forward to seeing you in your Pete Doherty Hero of the year T Shirt then ;)

As i've said (if you read it), i don't think that he's a hero. I just don't like the way people choose to treat him due to what is written about him in the truthful tabloids.

BFCSaint
1st March 2008, 16:47
He got to do things to Kate Moss that we can only dream of. Winner.
I wouldn't even do her, sorry.

She's not for me.

The Greatest
2nd March 2008, 13:10

I hope you used a nodder before having sex with him. You never know what he has. :cool:

Laney
2nd March 2008, 19:38
This isn't about musical talent.

It is about naming a low life waster oxygen thief who has had several brushes with the law for his drug abuse, and refusal to deal with it a hero.

If Dickerty is a hero, then we may as well pick a tramp up in Liverpool, put him in "trendy" clothes, set up a gig, get him to cancel and let him carry on with his life. He'll have the award in no time.

I don't know how he got nominated for hero, thats wrong but he is musically talented.

The Greatest
2nd March 2008, 21:11
I don't know how he got nominated for hero, thats wrong but he is musically talented.

He's ok but vastly over rated. If it werent for his knobhead antics and boning a supermodel I genuinely do not believe we'd here about him.

Laney
3rd March 2008, 11:51
He's ok but vastly over rated. If it werent for his knobhead antics and boning a supermodel I genuinely do not believe we'd here about him.

Have you been to see him and his group? Hes a really nice genuine character. It doesn't matter what he does he will always have a huge amount of interest. He is very talented in his own right.

Supersaint
3rd March 2008, 17:35
Have you been to see him and his group? Hes a really nice genuine character. It doesn't matter what he does he will always have a huge amount of interest. He is very talented in his own right.

80% Knob
20% Musician

And the same goes for what he gets his press for.

The Greatest
3rd March 2008, 18:26
Have you been to see him and his group? .

Nope. Never seen any of his groups live. Listened to a bit of Libertines stuff and its decent. As for Babyshambles they are are a shambles. They would have nowhere near the attention that they get if it werent for Docherty(sp) and his antics.

Hes a really nice genuine character..

Ive no doubt that he is sometimes

It doesn't matter what he does he will always have a huge amount of interest. .

For being a tool. If he wasnt a tool then Babyshambles would have dissapeared off the radar altogether.

He is very talented in his own right.

He's not bad but overhyped. He is now essentially famous mostly for being a tool and only partly for being a musician. If his music was THAT good and he was deserving of being considered a "great" then his sales would show that. Sadly, they dont. They do ok.

Div
3rd March 2008, 18:56
Nope. Never seen any of his groups live. Listened to a bit of Libertines stuff and its decent. As for Babyshambles they are are a shambles. They would have nowhere near the attention that they get if it werent for Docherty(sp) and his antics.

I saw Babyshambles at Glastonbury last year and really enjoyed them. I dont own any of their stuff and dont pretend to be a huge fan. Got 1 Libertines album. I think to say they are a ' shambles' is harsh .

Whether you like or loathe his music isnt really an issue . To give him a ' hero' award is at best laughable and at worst irresponsible if some youngsters idolise him because he clearly isnt an ideal role model !!

The Greatest
3rd March 2008, 19:22
I saw Babyshambles at Glastonbury last year and really enjoyed them. I dont own any of their stuff and dont pretend to be a huge fan. Got 1 Libertines album. I think to say they are a ' shambles' is harsh . !!

Probably is a touch harsh TBH but I still think that if they were any good then they would mostly be known for their music. In reality their music isnt mega popular and he is mostly famous for being a knob.

Whether you like or loathe his music isnt really an issue . To give him a ' hero' award is at best laughable and at worst irresponsible if some youngsters idolise him because he clearly isnt an ideal role model !!

Aye, it is a joke. Whats also a joke is the way the word genius and legend is also banded about to describe him / them.

Laney
4th March 2008, 08:23

I totally agree, he definately isn't a role model and to give him a 'hero' award is pathetic. Its not his fault though is it? he probably thinks its mad too. I thought the whole NME thing was crap anyway. Its so predictable. I felt there was a lot more deserving bands that should have got the awards anyway.

UhAhGeorgie Mann
5th March 2008, 13:46
I'd be interested to know how many of those knocking him and babyshambles have actually listened to their latest album. Not many I suspect.

Div
5th March 2008, 14:04
I'd be interested to know how many of those knocking him and babyshambles have actually listened to their latest album. Not many I suspect.

Doesnt make him a ' Hero' though.

The Greatest
5th March 2008, 20:28
I'd be interested to know how many of those knocking him.

Im knocking him because he's a tool. Even if he made the best music in the entire world and acted a tool I'd still knock him for being a tool.

and babyshambles have actually listened to their latest album. Not many I suspect.

I have heard Babyshambles. They are ok at best. If they were great then everyone would know them and their music. In reality, everyone knows Pete Doherty and the fact he is a tool where only a relatively small amount of people listen to his bands music.

DirtyPrettyThing
6th March 2008, 12:56

I am actually a big fan of Babyshambles. Yet as much as I love their music, Pete is an absolute idiot, who just so happens to write some decent music.

UhAhGeorgie Mann
7th March 2008, 14:04
I am actually a big fan of Babyshambles. Yet as much as I love their music, Pete is an absolute idiot, who just so happens to write some decent music.

Agreed. But it annoys me the way that some people judge Babyshambles by what the read in the papers about Doherty, a large amount of which is no doubt complete boll0ck$. I know people who refuse to even give them a listen because of it.

DirtyPrettyThing
7th March 2008, 19:29
Agreed. But it annoys me the way that some people judge Babyshambles by what the read in the papers about Doherty, a large amount of which is no doubt complete boll0ck$. I know people who refuse to even give them a listen because of it.

When people see a drug addict, that's all they see and fail to look behind that.

The Greatest
7th March 2008, 21:59
Agreed. But it annoys me the way that some people judge Babyshambles by what the read in the papers about Doherty, .

Not true for the vast majority of people.

People judge Babyshambles on their music. It is ok. If it was anything better than ok then they would be huge international superstars who everyone knows and recognises their music.

People judge Pete Doherty as a tit, because he is one as proven by his numerous antics. We are not talking about one or two instances, he has continually proven himself to be a tit on a monthly basis for a number of years.

The Greatest
7th March 2008, 22:01
When people see a drug addict, that's all they see and fail to look behind that.

I'd say its the opposite m'luv.

People see a drug addict on the street and rip them as scumbags.

People then see rock stars taking drugs but that is ok because they are cool.

UhAhGeorgie Mann
8th March 2008, 02:28
Not true for the vast majority of people.

People judge Babyshambles on their music.

Do they? Maybe in your experience, not in mine.

The Greatest
8th March 2008, 08:35
Do they? Maybe in your experience, not in mine.

Why does it bother you what people think of PD or Babyshambles? Are you in the band or related to them?

Shakespeare
8th March 2008, 09:17
Why does it bother you what people think of PD or Babyshambles? Are you in the band or related to them?

Due to the fact that he's a fan.

If you're going to carry on with this debate Chris, come back with something better than that lol

The Greatest
8th March 2008, 09:27
Due to the fact that he's a fan. If you're going to carry on with this debate Chris, come back with something better than that lol

not so. I have deliberately worked him towards my next point which is that its a little sad that some people have to attach themselves so close to a band (who they dont even know) to a point that they get irritated when someone says something bad about them. (especially when its a legitimate critisism)

Bands make music. If I like it I'll buy it but if I dont then I'll leave it. I couldnt give a rats @rse about the band or what other people think of them.

The Greatest
8th March 2008, 09:28
and its Kris not Chris.

lol

Greengrass
8th March 2008, 11:37
and its Kris not Chris.

lol

Which one?

Shakespeare
8th March 2008, 13:10
and its Kunt not Kris.

lol

Ok lol

The Greatest
8th March 2008, 13:14
:lol:

UhAhGeorgie Mann
8th March 2008, 16:56
its a little sad that some people have to attach themselves so close to a band (who they dont even know) to a point that they get irritated when someone says something bad about them

What a daft statement! Its the same as if your a fan of anything, be it a rugby team, footy team, band, film, tv programme. Its not a case of 'getting attached'. If you are a fan, and someone says something about them that you don't agree with you are going to argue back in support of them. Thats what fans do.

The point I am trying to make is off the original topic anyway. Doherty is far from a hero and to call him a C*** wouldn't be an unfair statement. If someone listens to them and doesnt like them then fair play, Ive not got a problem with that. But to discount them based on what they read in the papers, as people do, does irritate me. If that makes me sad then so be it.

The Greatest
8th March 2008, 17:07
What a daft statement! Its the same as if your a fan of anything, be it a rugby team, footy team, band, film, tv programme. Its not a case of 'getting attached'. If you are a fan, and someone says something about them that you don't agree with you are going to argue back in support of them. Thats what fans do. .

Rubbish.

Im a saints fan but if Sean Long was getting arrested on a regular basis for acting like a cock around town then I would slate him. That dosnt make me a non-fan does it? And anyone who defended his cockish antic just because he plays for Saints is sad.

Now swap the name Sean Long for Pete Doherty and the team Saints for the band Babyshambles.

But to discount them based on what they read in the papers, as people do, does irritate me. If that makes me sad then so be it.

Are you suggesting that what is wrote in the papers is a complete lie?

UhAhGeorgie Mann
8th March 2008, 17:36
Rubbish.

Im a saints fan but if Sean Long was getting arrested on a regular basis for acting like a cock around town then I would slate him. That dosnt make me a non-fan does it? And anyone who defended his cockish antic just because he plays for Saints is sad.

Now swap the name Sean Long for Pete Doherty and the team Saints for the band Babyshambles.

Are you suggesting that what is wrote in the papers is a complete lie?

You can't have read the bottom half of my post as you are missing the point that I am trying to make entirely. I'll try one more time.

As a person Pete Doherty is a waste of good skin. Im not disputing that. But people refuse to listen to Babyshambles based on that. Lets turn the tables using the example you have given. If Sean Long was as much of a c*** as Doherty would I stop suppoting Saints? Would I f****! But many people dont seem to give Babyshambles a chance, purely because of Pete Doherty being a c***.

The opinion that people have on Doherty though, and I include myself because as you've duly pointed out I dont know the guy, is based on what they read in the papers. Much off this is obviously true re. his convictions and drug abuse. But in true journalist style they have developed an obsession with him and they take every opportunity to rip him to shreds, often when he has done little wrong.

The Greatest
8th March 2008, 17:45
You can't have read the bottom half of my post as you are missing the point that I am trying to make entirely. I'll try one more time.

As a person Pete Doherty is a waste of good skin. Im not disputing that. But people refuse to listen to Babyshambles based on that. Lets turn the tables using the example you have given. If Sean Long was as much of a c*** as Doherty would I stop suppoting Saints? Would I f****! But many people dont seem to give Babyshambles a chance, purely because of Pete Doherty being a c***.
The opinion that people have on Doherty though, and I include myself because as you've duly pointed out I dont know the guy, is based on what they read in the papers. Much off this is obviously true re. his convictions and drug abuse. But in true journalist style they have developed an obsession with him and they take every opportunity to rip him to shreds, often when he has done little wrong.

I agree with all of that bar the bold bit but hey ho thats just different opinions.

I think if Babyshambles were that good they would be recognised as a great band irrespective of what Pete does in his personal life. I love Oasis as a band but I think Liam is a tool. It doesnt stop me from liking Oasis as a band though and likewise I could understand anyone who wouldnt listen to BS just because of Doherty.