PDA

View Full Version : Forum Chat Room -Would this be an idea?

scots saint
28th February 2008, 22:06
I think this is a brilliant site for the exchange of views and messages for Saints fans, whom are obviously spread far and wide.

One thing that sometimes I feel may improve the site, however, is the question of an available chat room where fans can exchange views in a more direct, real-time environment. It might also help some of the fans whom are farther afield, keep in touch and be able to chat to people and friends still close by the club.

This is only a general thought, I would be interested in your views, and also those of the moderators as to whether there would be the scope , or ability , for them to operate such a facility, if there were sufficient interest? Perhaps even only one day/evening per week?

Shakespeare
28th February 2008, 22:18
You looking to generally chit chat or discuss suggestions for Saints themselves?

scots saint
28th February 2008, 22:26
You looking to generally chit chat or discuss suggestions for Saints themselves?

I think a bit of both, really. General chat about the game just gone, the ones coming up, Saints generally and so on, may be an interest to people.

Similarly, anyone with constructive views on the way in which Saints can move forward, may be of direct benefit to the club and the fans. Who knows, it may even be possible to persuade club officials to participate ( although I wouldnt hold my breath on that one !)

Shakespeare
28th February 2008, 22:36
Well you can find the suggestion box here (http://www.redvee.net/forums/showthread.php?t=7882).

As for discussions on the games, you'll always find that on here. The threads are there.

Shakespeare
28th February 2008, 22:40
Chat threads could be set up in the Off Topic if there is a need for them.

scots saint
28th February 2008, 23:09
Chat threads could be set up in the Off Topic if there is a need for them.

So is this an official no then? Are we the only two people willing to discuss this? Threads do not replace the spontanaeity ( not sure of the spelling of that!) of live chat. Anyone else have an opinion, one way or the other?

Trev The Bear
28th February 2008, 23:13
So is this an official no then? Are we the only two people willing to discuss this? Threads do not replace the spontanaeity ( not sure of the spelling of that!) of live chat. Anyone else have an opinion, one way or the other?

Post whore ;)

Shakespeare
28th February 2008, 23:34
Shazzam!

http://www.redvee.net/forums/showthread.php?t=8151

RedVee Admin
29th February 2008, 01:44
It cannot be an official no. Shakey is only authorised to use the words maybe, possibly, feasible, unlikely and shazzam.

Shakespeare
29th February 2008, 11:25
Fa-shizzle Ma-nizzle!

Laney
2nd March 2008, 12:08
Does it take alot of time to set up a chat place? Maybe a good idea for a trial period to see if people would use the facility.