PDA

View Full Version : Eduardo de Silva

bozzy!
23rd February 2008, 19:22
absolutely shocking tackle by taylor on arsenals eduardo, rightly so, he got sent off! personally i think he should be banned for at least a season!

squeamish people dont click this link

http://ft.mirror.waffleimages.com/files/3f/3f18e3b23ec3c52249b21403ddf9f4ecd8c17af9.jpg

Shakespeare
23rd February 2008, 19:30
Dangerous tackles happen due to a quick rush of blood. The result of this one is very sad indeed.

Blobbynator
23rd February 2008, 19:51
Anyone know where a video can be found of it? The pictures look horrific, but I'm intrigued in a sick kind of way. :confused: lol

Hope he fully recovers.

Shakespeare
23rd February 2008, 20:00
Anyone know where a video can be found of it? The pictures look horrific, but I'm intrigued in a sick kind of way. :confused: lol

Hope he fully recovers.

It's strange, but i thought the same thing.

ticker
23rd February 2008, 20:35
wello would have been back on the pitch inside 10 minutes

THELAST3YARDS
23rd February 2008, 20:37
wello would have been back on the pitch inside 10 minutes

:rolleyes:

No, he wouldn't.

Shocking injury!

Shakespeare
23rd February 2008, 20:38
:rolleyes:

No, he wouldn't.

Shocking injury!

Calm down Smudge, it was a joke.

THELAST3YARDS
23rd February 2008, 20:58
Calm down Smudge, it was a joke.

lol :p

Shakespeare
23rd February 2008, 22:06
Some may not agree but, i feel that Taylor was just too slow for Eduardo's quick feet. He slipped the ball away at the last millisecond.

Feel sorry for both lads. Taylor will have to live with abuse he will get for it and Eduardo for obvious reasons.

Shakespeare
24th February 2008, 10:51
Hmmmm (http://www.4thegame.com/media/gallery/3379.jpg)

Slightly high in this pic.

Square in the Air
24th February 2008, 11:08
Some may not agree but, i feel that Taylor was just too slow for Eduardo's quick feet. He slipped the ball away at the last millisecond.

Feel sorry for both lads. Taylor will have to live with abuse he will get for it and Eduardo for obvious reasons.

He still left his studs showing ... hes a professional footballer and that was a disgrace. Understand what your saying though about having to live with it. When he sees it again he'll realise what hes done.

Shakespeare
24th February 2008, 11:12
He still left his studs showing ... hes a professional footballer and that was a disgrace. Understand what your saying though about having to live with it. When he sees it again he'll realise what hes done.

We all get a little rush of blood though. You see the ball, you go for it. Sadly this rush will live with him for a while.

RedVee Admin
24th February 2008, 11:35
I put the words "Eduardo Taylor horror tackle" into Google images and the result is definitely not one for the squeamish. I warn you, it's not pretty:

http://soccernet.espn.go.com/archive/images/draynor/vannistelrooy_ns_e.jpg

Meantime, over at the News of the Screws, they have typically gone for the story with full gory horror:

http://www.newsoftheworld.co.uk/2402_horror_tackle.shtml

The injury is almost identical to the one that Man City player Buust sustained and we never saw him play again.

Shakespeare
24th February 2008, 11:37
Arsene has already retracted his statement.

DD
24th February 2008, 14:03

Hope he fully recovers.

Sky simply refused to show the replays, it was so bad, so there is a possibility that there is no footage showing it in full detail because the original angle does not show you anything really.

Jonny
24th February 2008, 14:34
id like to wish him a speedy recovery and it has been comfirmed that its a double compound fracture

Shakespeare
24th February 2008, 14:34
Sky simply refused to show the replays, it was so bad, so there is a possibility that there is no footage showing it in full detail because the original angle does not show you anything really.

There is footage. You've just got to be quick on youtube. It gets deleted very quickly.

BubbleSheep
24th February 2008, 14:38
It was re-shown on Match of the Day last night

THELAST3YARDS
24th February 2008, 16:06
I put the words "Eduardo Taylor horror tackle" into Google images and the result is definitely not one for the squeamish. I warn you, it's not pretty:

http://soccernet.espn.go.com/archive/images/draynor/vannistelrooy_ns_e.jpg

Meantime, over at the News of the Screws, they have typically gone for the story with full gory horror:

http://www.newsoftheworld.co.uk/2402_horror_tackle.shtml

The injury is almost identical to the one that Man City player Buust sustained and we never saw him play again.

Coventry City

dufc4
24th February 2008, 16:32
Eduardo was just too quick for him there was no intent whatsoever. Wenger's comment's after the match were a disgrace.

THELAST3YARDS
24th February 2008, 16:35
Eduardo was just too quick for him there was no intent whatsoever. Wenger's comment's after the match were a disgrace.

I agree, Eduardo was just too quick for the defender.

Wenger retracted his comments.

A statement was read out on MOTD.

RedVee Admin
24th February 2008, 17:32
Coventry City
Blue shirt... City... Manchester team playing in the match... Same difference...

Shakespeare
24th February 2008, 17:38

Alfie Haland was the City player.

Spider Ski
24th February 2008, 18:49
Coventry City

I was sat right behind that goal that day.

Big Pete took about 20 minutes to fully recover, he was blowing chunks for ages.

It was horrific that one, and ended his career. Looking at Eduardo's it is a question of how much has changed in the past 10-15 years as to if he will play again.

I hope he does, because he is a superb player.

Blobbynator
24th February 2008, 18:56
I imagine he'll play again. Eduardo is younger than what Buust was and there have been one or two medical advances since then.

Greengrass
24th February 2008, 19:17
No one yet has mentioned one of our own who sustained a similar injury Kevin Ward, I hope Eduardo does not suffer the complications Wardy had, a great career finished early.

Cedarman
24th February 2008, 20:15
absolutely shocking tackle by taylor on arsenals eduardo, rightly so, he got sent off! personally i think he should be banned for at least a season!
squeamish people dont click this link

http://ft.mirror.waffleimages.com/files/3f/3f18e3b23ec3c52249b21403ddf9f4ecd8c17af9.jpg

...............so is that an unbiased opinion and not seen through any tinted specs.

For instance this statement would be also correct if the roles were reversed ;
absolutely shocking tackle by eduardo on Birmingham's taylor, rightly so, he got sent off! personally i think he should be banned for at least a season!

Tallahassee
24th February 2008, 20:23
Didn't Henrik Larsson get a similar injury at Celtic and played on,as did Cisse at Liverpool,hopefully Eduardo can recover and come back as strong as those two did,as for Wenger should we be surprised with Mr Hypocrite,im surprised he saw it!:)

peter soutos tash
24th February 2008, 21:24
3rd minute of the game
mistimed tackle not a dirty player
he was simply too quick for taylor

however it is horrific but taylor will be gutted
get well soon to a great player

Syd
24th February 2008, 21:34
Reminded me of the end of Big Kev Ward's amazing career, that sad day at central park. Ouch.

bozzy!
24th February 2008, 22:19
...............so is that an unbiased opinion and not seen through any tinted specs.

For instance this statement would be also correct if the roles were reversed ;

how am i looking at it through tinted specs? if i was, i would be praising taylor for taking out eduardo (being a liverpool fan) so then they are without one of there key players for the rest of the season.

so you dont think that warrants a season ban? studs showing, possibly ending a players career?

Paul Cullen's Mantra
24th February 2008, 22:22
How long did Knob-head Newton get for deliberately smashing Sean Long's face in?. I believe there has to be an issue of intent in any case which we judge. Taylor's tackle was rash but I wouldn't say there was intention to injure there

ploughman
24th February 2008, 22:23
it was an accident.anyway,what happens to arsenal for the rest of the season wont effect liverpool,they should be more worried about villa,man city and everton!

Greengrass
24th February 2008, 22:58
I think football is so sanitised today that when something like this happens it is big news, years ago broken legs were common place and in the 60's Bobby Collins had his femur broken now that must have been some tackle.

AnonymousSaint
25th February 2008, 19:01
Hmmmm (http://www.4thegame.com/media/gallery/3379.jpg)

Slightly high in this pic.

Am I the only person who looks at this picture and think he is 1 second away from a possible career ending injury what must be going through his mind

Shakespeare
25th February 2008, 20:13
Am I the only person who looks at this picture and think he is 1 second away from a possible career ending injury what must be going through his mind

Looking at Cesc, he already sees that.

mrnike22
26th February 2008, 12:33
a sad day for eduardo who yesturday turned 25, not a nice birthday for him, at least he is young which means it should be a good recoverey

Elysian
26th February 2008, 13:17
Whilst its undoubtedly a shocking injury, I still think Martin Taylors challenge was more clumsy than anything. I wonder how many challenges have gone in like that and the impact hasnt been anywhere near as bad. Eduardo is unlucky that his studs have hit the turf - a mili-second could have made all the difference.

It just goes to show just how close professional athletes come to career enders everytime they run out on to the field.

Jonny
26th February 2008, 19:44
How long did Knob-head Newton get for deliberately smashing Sean Long's face in?

he got 7 matches for whacking longy and another 3 for concussing gilmour

Cedarman
26th February 2008, 19:54
how am i looking at it through tinted specs? if i was, i would be praising taylor for taking out eduardo (being a liverpool fan) so then they are without one of there key players for the rest of the season.

so you dont think that warrants a season ban? studs showing, possibly ending a players career?

sorry no. bad miss timed tackle, clumsy at worse. The fact of the matter was the injured if he had clippedhim and he had rolled over a few times we would have been slating Eduardo although the actual tackle would not have been differnt from Taylors point of view.

Ban the bloke for a few matches but, a season far to serve.

would your arguement be the same if Jamie Carragher did the same tackle on Wayne Rooney :???: