PDA

View Full Version : Floyd Mayweather in WWE

bozzy!
20th February 2008, 15:30
has anyone seen sky sports news today? it shown a snippet of WWE's No way out, and floyd got into the ring after the big sho shouted at him, then the big show got on his knees and mayweather punched him twice and splattered his nose everywhere, it was actually broken.:eek:

i thought they wouldnt have allowed this, seeing a though wrestling is all fake and choreographed (sp)?

anyone else seen this?

p.s. when he did it, he ran and ran and ran and ran lol

Blobbynator
20th February 2008, 15:35
Oh yes, I've seen it. Absolutely hilarious and I'm not sure that he was actually supposed to break his nose. lol They're set to have a match at Wrestlemania next month, although no indication of what type of match it'll be yet.

RedVee Admin
20th February 2008, 15:56
My boss at work is into the wrestling and he said that Big Show gatecrashed on Rey Mysterio (who is tiny in proportion) so Mayweather and all his crew jumped over the ring fence and into the ring. Ater a few verbals 7 foot odd tall Big Show knelt down and encouraged Mayweather to hit him, which he did in a wrestling style.

Apparently, Big Show then said something which caused Mayweather to punch him properly, boxing style, causing the nose to splat. Big Show was furious and took after Mayweather who then legged it along with all the bodyguards and crew. Big Show had to be calmed by several people form the WWE including Shane McMahon who was saying "That wasn't meant to happen" over and over.

I could go into more detail as my boss took around an hour to describe every last explicit detail to me...

Not having seen it, I wouldn't mind seeing a clip of it but more so the rematch as Big Show could literally rip Mayweather apart given half a chance. He'd only have to sit on him for a start off.

bozzy!
20th February 2008, 16:03
number two, just stick sky sports news on, or go on a very well known video sharing site ;)

Blobbynator
20th February 2008, 16:09
Yeah, you'll find it easy on the 'tube'. Just type 'Mayweather Big Show' :)

RedVee Admin
20th February 2008, 16:10
http://videos.onsmash.com/v/mnbw5cxfp5stpAZs

found it.

my boss is very good at over elabourating. seems to me that Mayweather was playing along with the storyline by bitch slapping Big Show but then reflexes caused him to left hook him. He knew damn well straight away that he'd caused some damage by the way he shit and run.

I'm half tempted to get Wrestlemania now, just to see Big Show flatten him.

Blobbynator
20th February 2008, 16:21
Apparently alot of Big Show's training recently has involved boxing, so it could well be a boxing match. Not much space to run for Floyd either!

bozzy!
20th February 2008, 16:30
blobbs, i highly doubt floyd mayweather would accept a boxing match considering the size and weight difference! it will be like man vs mountain!

there will probably be a twist in it somewhere along the line yet!

Paul Cullen's Mantra
20th February 2008, 16:37
blobbs, i highly doubt floyd mayweather would accept a boxing match considering the size and weight difference! it will be like man vs mountain!

there will probably be a twist in it somewhere along the line yet!

....you thought Barry Ward was in Australia?....

RedVee Admin
20th February 2008, 16:44
Reading more about it, Mayweather has been on a serious publicity push recently, he was in an American "Strictly Come Dancing" show and now he's going after WWE fans.

Come September he's hoping they all buy the rematch with Oscar de la Hoya.

Which tells me that he'll do feck all in a ring with Big Show for fear of being snapped. The rematch with De La Hoya will make him $20m better off.

bozzy!
22nd February 2008, 15:46
blobbynator, you wrestling fanatic ;) . any update on mayweather and big show?

Shakespeare
22nd February 2008, 15:52
http://www.wwe.com/shows/raw/articles/articles/mayweatherbigshow

Blobbynator
22nd February 2008, 15:52
No updates yet. I'm sure we'll hear something in the next couple of weeks about what type of match they'll be involved in.

bozzy!
22nd February 2008, 15:56
No updates yet. I'm sure we'll hear something in the next couple of weeks about what type of match they'll be involved in.

what match do you think it will be? i reckon they will make up a new one, like they did in ECW, wasnt it a gulf of mexico match or something???

p.s. dont think they will do much damage to mayweather as they think there will be a mayweather v de la hoya II

Blobbynator
22nd February 2008, 15:58
I'm not sure. I personally just think it'll be a normal wrestling or (choreographed) boxing match to be honest. You don't need a gimmick match for Mayweather/Big Show, there is enough hype there.

bozzy!
22nd February 2008, 16:02
i very much doubt it will be a wrestling match, as mayweather isnt 'pumped' up, and will not be able to do many, if any 'moves' on the big show.

so the boxing match is looking more viable, in my opinion!

RedVee Admin
23rd February 2008, 02:01
p.s. dont think they will do much damage to mayweather as they think there will be a mayweather v de la hoya II
Worth 22 million dollars

Bainsey
24th February 2008, 15:26
Its rumoured to be a mix tag match between Rey & Floyd Vs Big Show & Shane McMahon.

For more news see here... www.wrestlezone.com

Shakespeare
24th February 2008, 15:39
Its rumoured to be a mix tag match between Rey & Floyd Vs Big Show & Shane McMahon.

For more news see here... www.wrestlezone.com

I thought he was out due to a torn bicep?

Must be another plot twist from Mr McMahon.

Bainsey
24th February 2008, 15:42
He is mate and is due to have surgery this weekend (if he hasnt already), but he did wrestle two matches with the injury already, so who knows what sort of small part he may have at Wrestlemania?

There was also rumours that they went after Oscar De La Hoya to partner Big Show but apparently it didnt come to fruition.

Blobbynator
24th February 2008, 15:45
Rey Mysterio is out for 4-6 months apparently so he won't feature at WM24.

Bainsey
24th February 2008, 15:46
Rey Mysterio is out for 4-6 months apparently so he won't feature at WM24.

Remember Blobby, ANYTHING can happen in the WWE!

Just look at John Cena's quick return. He was only meant to be back in the early Summer! :eek:

Shakespeare
24th February 2008, 15:48
Hell!!! Vince came back from the dead! Not even Radlinski can match that comeback! lol lol lol

Blobbynator
24th February 2008, 15:48
Cena did miss four months to be fair before his comeback. I very much doubt Mysterio will return within a month from a torn bicep. He may return before the 4-6 months depending on his rehab, but his muscle simply won't have recovered within a month.

Bainsey
25th February 2008, 01:17
Cena did miss four months to be fair before his comeback. I very much doubt Mysterio will return within a month from a torn bicep. He may return before the 4-6 months depending on his rehab, but his muscle simply won't have recovered within a month.

But IS IT definately TORN though? :???: ;)

Blobbynator
26th February 2008, 17:23
But IS IT definately TORN though? :???: ;)

Yeah, it definitely is. It was confirmed on independent websites.

Anyway, Mayweather v Big Show is now confirmed for WM24 which means no comeback from Mysterio. ;) No indication of what the match will be yet either but there's been alot of hype about the match and I've no doubt it'll dominate WM24 like it dominated the WM24 Press Conference yesterday.

Bainsey
26th February 2008, 18:05
Yeah, it definitely is. It was confirmed on independent websites.

Anyway, Mayweather v Big Show is now confirmed for WM24 which means no comeback from Mysterio. ;) No indication of what the match will be yet either but there's been alot of hype about the match and I've no doubt it'll dominate WM24 like it dominated the WM24 Press Conference yesterday.

Aye it even made Sky Sports News last night! lol

I reckon it will involve Big Show being on his knees the entire fight.

P.S. I also reckon Rey will still be a part of WM anyway after what Big Show did to him on Smackdown last week. ;)

Blobbynator
31st March 2008, 08:20
The match was a 'No Holds Barred' match in the end. Floyd Mayweather won by Knockout. :rolleyes:

Cedarman
31st March 2008, 08:48
Mayweather got a reported $20million!!!!!!!!

Saint_Appleton
31st March 2008, 09:25
Mayweather got a reported $20million!!!!!!!!

Something like that lol
There is a video off him counting money and going on about big show on you tube not sure what its called though.

Seen the clip on sky sports this morning and if your telling me that was not staged then I think you need help lol Look at the size and weight difference:rolleyes:

Saints-Crusaders
31st March 2008, 15:02
Anyone who thinks any of the WWE isn't staged definitely has a screw or 2 loose........... it's ALL staged.. yes they are incredible athletes and put their bodies through sheer hell but it's all about entertainment.

Most of it is about as believable as watching Rocky Balboa ;)

Saint_Appleton
31st March 2008, 15:15
So has Mayweather made the switch to WWE now because last week he said he wanteda Ricky Hatton a rematch at Wembley :???: :???:

Reacher
31st March 2008, 15:17
He will go where the money is. Say what you want about him but he is a true champion with a ridiculous amount of money in the bank. I would take on Big Show in a staged match for $20 million

Saint_Appleton
31st March 2008, 17:03
He will go where the money is. Say what you want about him but he is a true champion with a ridiculous amount of money in the bank. I would take on Big Show in a staged match for $20 million

No one is saying he isnt a true champion all we are saying is that last night that was definitely staged.

He should stick to boxing because he is the best pound for pound boxer but as said before he will go were the money is but to be honest he doesn't need it.

I know on the build up to the Hatton fight Mayweather said he keeps on fighting so generations of Mayweather never have to earn their money but how much more money do they need?