PDA

View Full Version : OOT (out of towner's)

bozzy!
19th February 2008, 00:52
Being a liverpool fan, through going the games i have noticed that i rarely hear a scouse accent, i hear cockneys, irish, brummies to name just a few. i was just wonderimg how many liverpool fans are against this and would like to see the club followed by scousers?

I am undecided on this as i think it would be absolutely fantastic for liverpool to be followed by loacal fans, as they will possibly be more passionate, and know what 'going the match' regularly is like, unlike daytrippers or 'oot' who come for one possibly two games in the season making it harder for genuine fans to get tickets.

on the other hand without these daytrippers or norwegians, i personally dont think we would fill anfield, apart from the big games.Therefore they are generating income and will probably go into liver world and buy souvenirs etc.

so what are your views? are there any man utd fans who think their club is like this?

p.s. there is currently a sort of grudge against daytrippers by match going scousers, are you one of them?

pricey73
19th February 2008, 09:59
not a liverpool fan but if local supporters could get a ticket i think they would i now plenty of liverpool fans that are local and struggle to get tickets

Saint Bert
19th February 2008, 10:19
If you want a ticket bad enough they are there, it is just a fact that MOST but not all people who claim not to go because of a lack of tickets don't feel passionate enough to get up off there ar5e and find one.

Liverpool actually only FILLED TO CAPACITY last season 3 matches, United - Everton - Barcelona ( Check last years stats, all other games were at least 1000 under official capacity)

Although United's attendances where virtually all up to 76,000 if you wanted a ticket for the majority of them you could get one.

The top clubs need the "daytrippers" to finance the running of the club, not a nice fact but a fact non the less and without these the grounds would see empty seats on a regular basis. Remember we were all a daytripper for at least one game in our lives!

DD
19th February 2008, 10:48
not a liverpool fan but if local supporters could get a ticket i think they would i now plenty of liverpool fans that are local and struggle to get tickets

I know even more who claim they can't get a ticket but when you analyse the situation, they haven't even tried for three years.

I know Mistah Lee off the Warrington board, gets to more home games than he doesn't, and he doesn't have to go to any extraordinary lengths to get one.

It's a Liverpool symptom. Nearly all United fans I know manage to make an effort to get one and succeed. The Liverpool fans are the ones that whinge and whine about it more than anyone and yet, as Al says, they quite regularly do not fill the ground.

djgazza
19th February 2008, 10:50
i went on sat (masochist) there were two empty seats next to me. i have found someone in my local whose son has bought two season tickets but works away so i got tickets for h&w and barnsley.if you go to the ground outside the albert there were guys buying and selling tickets,i heard one guy say he had just bought four together,but be careful they were making public announcements about forged tickets.

gazza

Sadfish
19th February 2008, 11:09
yes I know plenty of liverpool "fans" who say they can't get tickets but when you ask when they last tried they can't tell me, and besides, most call themselves liverpool fans, and simply watch on TV and haven't been to a game in the lives.

Spider Ski
19th February 2008, 11:30
If I can afford a ticket to a United game (as in within my limits for each week having to travel to St Helens to visit the girlfriend, getting the train to uni every day) I can get one easily.

I've applied 5 times this season, and got one five times through one united and viagogo.

Elysian
19th February 2008, 13:30
I'm a Liverpool fan and I go when I can. I've been to a few games at Anfield this season, notably both the Arsenal and Chelsea games. If I have a spare afternoon and some spare cash I can get a decent ticket with no massive problems. I don't class myself as a massive fan like St Bert at Man Utd, Bronco at Everton or DD at Man City but I've supported them all my life and like to see them do well.

Now, I'm probably the only person on this board that will actually admit to being a Scouser but in driving back down the M40 back to my home in London, the amount of LFC flags and scarves was unbelievable. I mean if you are going to be a glory supporter, why the hell would you support Liverpool FC?! :???:

Either way, as St Bert says, all clubs need day trippers. It doesnt matter what accent someone shouts in as long as they pay their money.

Spider Ski
19th February 2008, 13:54
The top clubs need the "daytrippers" to finance the running of the club, not a nice fact but a fact non the less and without these the grounds would see empty seats on a regular basis. Remember we were all a daytripper for at least one game in our lives!

Our club seems to prefer them to season ticket holders and "regular attenders."

They want consumers.

Saint Bert
19th February 2008, 14:11
Our club seems to prefer them to season ticket holders and "regular attenders."

They want consumers.

"The Club" doesn't differentiate, WE are the club.

Manchester United Ltd ( Glazer, Gill & Co ) however would love 76,000 daytrippers every week.

Spider Ski
19th February 2008, 14:42
"The Club" doesn't differentiate, WE are the club.

Manchester United Ltd ( Glazer, Gill & Co ) however would love 76,000 daytrippers every week.

Yeah, that one.:saint:

bozzy!
19th February 2008, 14:42
i apply for every game, but i think what annoys the fans is that the daytrippers or the ones who goto three or four games a season (guess which ones) apply for these and not the midweek ones e.g west ham on a wednesday, which hasnt sold out, probably because the daytrippers cant get flights over etc read into it what you will but i bet if it was one of the big three they would be jamming the phone lines, online apllication and postal applications for tickets.

i think this is the main problem with the day trippers which is start to divide our club!

p.s. not intending to pick on sos here, but he even said he has only been to a couple of games and he mentioned he went to both chelsea and arsenal home games, but i could be 99% sure that he hasnt applied for west ham or middlesborough on a wednesday night?

Elysian
19th February 2008, 15:37
p.s. not intending to pick on sos here, but he even said he has only been to a couple of games and he mentioned he went to both chelsea and arsenal home games, but i could be 99% sure that he hasnt applied for west ham or middlesborough on a wednesday night?

I assume you mean me on the basis that sos is a United fan.

On the basis that I live in London these days, wednesday nights at Anfield are a tad difficult to get to.

I can also be found at away games, Portsmouth, Reading and West Ham so far this season.

Spider Ski
19th February 2008, 16:08

Ignore me, I saw SoS and got confused with RLFans...

Bronco
19th February 2008, 16:13
pmsl, you couldn't make a topic like this up if you tried!! lol

match going scousers,

I think they're affectionately referred to as 'Evertonians'

peter soutos tash
19th February 2008, 17:28
whatever ground you go to the real fans dont have two bags full of souvenirs,
and dont sit down all through the game.
if you wanna go shopping go trafford centre

Elysian
19th February 2008, 17:39
whatever ground you go to the real fans dont have two bags full of souvenirs,
and dont sit down all through the game.
if you wanna go shopping go trafford centre

I remember seeing a bunch of United fans all decked out in shirts/scarves/hats etc on the Manchester sightseeing tour prior to a pre-season friendly a few years ago. Obviously having never been to Manchester before. DD really cheered me up that day when he told me that one of the first stops on that tour is the City of Manchester stadium.

bozzy!
19th February 2008, 17:40
Bronco - I think they're affectionately referred to as 'Evertonians'

bronco, everton are a prime example, they cant fill there stadium, they even struggle to fill it when they play liverpool, and that is with liverpool fans in your end and they only sold out 17 hours before the game.

this has actually hit the nail on the head, would teams with fans only from their city and no daytrippers, be a small club, such as everton, portsmouth, bolton etc?

Spider Ski
19th February 2008, 18:11

bronco, everton are a prime example, they cant fill there stadium, they even struggle to fill it when they play liverpool, and that is with liverpool fans in your end and they only sold out 17 hours before the game.

this has actually hit the nail on the head, would teams with fans only from their city and no daytrippers, be a small club, such as everton, portsmouth, bolton etc?

Quality touch of trollinglol

DD
19th February 2008, 19:39
i apply for every game, but i think what annoys the fans is that the daytrippers or the ones who goto three or four games a season (guess which ones) apply for these and not the midweek ones e.g west ham on a wednesday, which hasnt sold out, probably because the daytrippers cant get flights over etc read into it what you will but i bet if it was one of the big three they would be jamming the phone lines, online apllication and postal applications for tickets.

At the end of the day though, if you can only afford to go to three games you are not going to want to go to Reading, Wigan and Middlesbrough if you can go to United, Arsenal and Chelsea instead.

When push comes to shove, if you have a properly organised club, people who have been to the most games will get first shout at tickets (as proven with City's loyalty points system), when for big games, ticket applications are only considered on a sliding scale of points per day, meaning that those with more points always have the opportunity ahead of those with less.

You cannot blame out of town fans for exploiting your own club's blatant holes in it's system.

bozzy!
19th February 2008, 19:59
yes DD but that is my point exactly, they only want to go to the big games, which in my eyes and probably the majority of other liverpool fans eyes is not right. This is what RTK (reclaim the kop) is all about, trying to get rid of these people, and give tickets to the genuine die hard fans, who will turn out on a freezing wednesday night to watch liverpool v west ham.

DD
19th February 2008, 20:06
yes DD but that is my point exactly, they only want to go to the big games, which in my eyes and probably the majority of other liverpool fans eyes is not right. This is what RTK (reclaim the kop) is all about, trying to get rid of these people, and give tickets to the genuine die hard fans, who will turn out on a freezing wednesday night to watch liverpool v west ham.

I just edited my post before you replied, if you want to have a look at that.

The club could and should have adopted a very easy to implement system, that I described, many years ago. That is where your problem lies. Your own ticket office's inadequacies.

Have you ever thought that the "die hards" who turn up for West Ham on a Wednesday or Carling Cup games only do so because of the ease of obtaining tickets, and maybe they just can't be bothered trying otherwise.

There's more day trippers at crappy games than there are at the big games and that's an established fact. Look around you on the next Carling Cup game and you will see as many carrier bags as people.

Saint Bert
19th February 2008, 21:39
I think they're affectionately referred to as 'Evertonians'

I refer the RHG to the 2 coach loads of cockney's parked up outside that boozer you took us into before United played Everton in the Cup, I seem to recall they were wearing blue shirts captain. :???: lol

peter soutos tash
19th February 2008, 22:08
I refer the RHG to the 2 coach loads of cockney's parked up outside that boozer you took us into before United played Everton in the Cup, I seem to recall they were wearing blue shirts captain. :???: lol

they are from the east end......... of bootle

ticker
20th February 2008, 00:38
Is Bert Trautman's parachute still in man city's trophy cabinet ?

Bronco
20th February 2008, 01:06

Shite trolling from a man who cant quote lol

Our average attendance is one of the highest in the country, and you should always judge how big a club is based on its away following - we sell out everywhere we go - only United/Arsenal/The Shite can possibly match it.

You strike as the sort who only think of the 'big four' and look forward to Sky's Grand Slam Sundays.

You've got the biggest load of fickle ****s ever following you, protesting week after week over assorted sh*te, yet you don't know what a crisis is - you've never had it bad - i'd love to see your attendances if it happened... the gloryhunters would soon disappear.

It won't last, but its funny as hell while it does. Now get back to the sons of Shankly and join the next march lol

We might not enjoy sustained success, but at least my club still has a soul and its still enjoyable to go the match and be a traditional club... but at the moment i'll leave you to look at the league table.

Bronco
20th February 2008, 01:08

Welsh?

Greengrass
20th February 2008, 10:00
Shite trolling from a man who cant quote lol

Our average attendance is one of the highest in the country, and you should always judge how big a club is based on its away following - we sell out everywhere we go - only United/Arsenal/The Shite can possibly match it.

You strike as the sort who only think of the 'big four' and look forward to Sky's Grand Slam Sundays.

You've got the biggest load of fickle ****s ever following you, protesting week after week over assorted sh*te, yet you don't know what a crisis is - you've never had it bad - i'd love to see your attendances if it happened... the gloryhunters would soon disappear.

It won't last, but its funny as hell while it does. Now get back to the sons of Shankly and join the next march lol

We might not enjoy sustained success, but at least my club still has a soul and its still enjoyable to go the match and be a traditional club... but at the moment i'll leave you to look at the league table.

Your wasting your time you can always tell a redneck but you can't tell them much. They have their heads so far up their own ar5eholes coming out to read your post may prove difficult.;)

Saint Bert
20th February 2008, 10:08
Welsh?

I stand corrected lol lol

Scouse accent mixed with a welsh one, that is some serious mouth gravel ;)

DD
20th February 2008, 10:31

Ah right. So Hull KR are bigger than Bradford and Saints are bigger than Wigan. Mmm!

Newcastle have been selling away games out since the start of all seater stadiums. Until last year so did City.

At the end of the day just because Saints take 2,500 away and Leeds take 2,000 does not mean that the 9,500 average supported Saints is bigger than the 17,000 average supported Leeds.

Greengrass
20th February 2008, 11:17
Ah right. So Hull KR are bigger than Bradford and Saints are bigger than Wigan. Mmm!

Newcastle have been selling away games out since the start of all seater stadiums. Until last year so did City.

At the end of the day just because Saints take 2,500 away and Leeds take 2,000 does not mean that the 9,500 average supported Saints is bigger than the 17,000 average supported Leeds.

You can make numbers say whatever you want, but it is the number of stars on your shirt apparantly that says how big you are. So Liverpool are miles behind the USA in those stakes.;) ;)

Sean Day
20th February 2008, 12:12
Why are Evertonians so obsessive and bitter about Liverpool? Perhaps that they aren't even on the same planet in terms of stature? The reason Liverpool and United have these day trippers is because they are successful. It doesn't make for atmosphere but it does reflect on their status and worldwide appeal. I can't say I would mind if we filled Knowsley Road every week if they didn't all come from St Helens

Anyway in terms of the topic, I have often wondered why the Liverpool website on their ticket page always displays sold out for games, (this Sat v Middlesbrough for example) and then as Bert says the crowds printed are generally below capacity?

Greengrass
20th February 2008, 12:37
Why are Evertonians so obsessive and bitter about Liverpool? Perhaps that they aren't even on the same planet in terms of stature?

What are you saying Liverpool supporters are bigger than Everton supporters.

Most are bitter about Liverpool because because of the antics of morons that follow Liverpool cost Everton dear in the 80's and I suppose being local rivals has a lot to do with it eg Saints Wigan, do you love Wigan or hate them.:rolleyes: :rolleyes:

Spider Ski
20th February 2008, 15:17
The reason Liverpool and United have these day trippers is because they are successful.

The 80's ended nearly 20 years ago...

Saint Bert
20th February 2008, 15:23
http://www.fl.net.au/~steve/images/classic6.gif

dublinsaint
20th February 2008, 15:35
Bozzy if you follow this argument to its conclusion you should only have a scouse manager and scouse players, you don't seem to mind what language the players speak so why should you mind what accents the fans have. The last time i was at anfield, and i could be classed as a OOT, the person in front of me in the queue in the club shop who was also a OOT spent £350, and the only game i have been able to get a ticket for is the west ham game and i will be there.:D :D

Greengrass
20th February 2008, 15:44
The 80's ended nearly 20 years ago...

Well thats ok then the kids no nowt about it then do they.

DD
20th February 2008, 15:52
Anyway in terms of the topic, I have often wondered why the Liverpool website on their ticket page always displays sold out for games, (this Sat v Middlesbrough for example) and then as Bert says the crowds printed are generally below capacity?

Away fans not selling out their allocation?

Segregation issues?

People not turning up after having bought a ticket? Various clubs have a different policy on announcing crowds. Some announce the tickets they have sold. Some announce those that turned up.

Common concensus is that clubs announce the amount of tickets sold, for VAT purposes. This is plainly not the case, because United would have the same crowd at every game. I remember Celtic announcing a crowd of 45,000 for one midweek league match last year. They have 52,000 season ticket holders!

bozzy!
20th February 2008, 16:01
dublin saint, no, i dont mind one iota if the manager was iraqi, and all the players where from everywhere apart from england, solely becasue it is their job, they play football for a livin g, they dont chant for the team, they dont make the atmosphere, they dont buy programmes etc etc.

i remember we was walking down priory road before the wigan game last year and a oot (think he was a cock-er-nee) asked me was gerrard playing, and i said, not too sure i think he is resting him and he then said "we only came to see gerrard"

how can that be right? coming the match to see just one player? you should be there to support the team and get behind them

he couldpossibly well have took them tickets away from a genuine fan, who couldnt get tickets all because he wanted to see gerrard

i would much rather them not come at all, even if they spend so much in liverworld.

p.s. bronco, even rafa said you are a small club

peter soutos tash
20th February 2008, 17:22
dublin saint, no, i dont mind one iota if the manager was iraqi, and all the players where from everywhere apart from england, solely becasue it is their job, they play football for a livin g, they dont chant for the team, they dont make the atmosphere, they dont buy programmes etc etc.

i remember we was walking down priory road before the wigan game last year and a oot (think he was a cock-er-nee) asked me was gerrard playing, and i said, not too sure i think he is resting him and he then said "we only came to see gerrard"

how can that be right? coming the match to see just one player? you should be there to support the team and get behind them

he couldpossibly well have took them tickets away from a genuine fan, who couldnt get tickets all because he wanted to see gerrard

i would much rather them not come at all, even if they spend so much in liverworld.

and rafa's always right lol
ps i was being sarcastic

Bronco
20th February 2008, 19:44

pmsl using that as evidence? You are retarded.

The only way in which we lack is in finances at the moment.

Trophies/Fanbase/History/Current League Position say that we are a big club, and I think every kopites not on the wind up would see that. We're still 4th in terms of trophies won, don't forget it.

Only United, Liverpool and Arsenal have won more Championships than us. As much as the press try to convince people Chelsea are a 'big club' they've still won the same amount of Championships as Huddersfield Town. They are simply a rich club who've come to prominence in a media enviroment.

Spider Ski
20th February 2008, 19:48
Well thats ok then the kids no nowt about it then do they.

Just the term, are successful. Liverpool were successful, now they are a medicore team who occasionally play well in the cup.

DD
20th February 2008, 20:13
pmsl using that as evidence? You are retarded.

The only way in which we lack is in finances at the moment.

A ground better than Knowsley Road might help too. ;)

peter soutos tash
21st February 2008, 17:24
http://www.fl.net.au/~steve/images/classic6.gif

great night how long to go steve
1 minute

oh how i laughed

lol

Billinge Lump
22nd February 2008, 11:53
Away fans not selling out their allocation?

Segregation issues?

People not turning up after having bought a ticket? Various clubs have a different policy on announcing crowds. Some announce the tickets they have sold. Some announce those that turned up.

Common concensus is that clubs announce the amount of tickets sold, for VAT purposes. This is plainly not the case, because United would have the same crowd at every game. I remember Celtic announcing a crowd of 45,000 for one midweek league match last year. They have 52,000 season ticket holders!

The number of season tickets shouldn't matter for VAT purposes, it should have been declared when the season ticket was sold, not when the individual match occcured.

I'd have thought that correct figures for the number of people through the gates would have been more important for H&S purposes.