PDA

View Full Version : 15 yr old dies in the Clegg - Thatto Heath

leeroy
13th February 2008, 10:24
Shame and thoughts with his family, but hopefully a lesson to other kids how dangerous it can be .......

http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/england/merseyside/7242210.stm

HoofeHearted
13th February 2008, 10:28
Very sad for his family, but is this another consequence of underage drinking?

15 year old out at midnight!!!

leeroy
13th February 2008, 10:31
i live over the road from the clegg and there been a gang of five lads playing on the building site opposite mine last few nights and the missus had seen the taking stuff last night , so most prob built the raft from the things from the site.

saint rach
13th February 2008, 13:25
ah so that's what the helicopter was out for last night.
What a stupid thing to do especially in the middle of the night.
Condolences to the family.

Div
13th February 2008, 14:15
Very sad for his family, but is this another consequence of underage drinking?

15 year old out at midnight!!!

Possibly but hands up who didnt drink when they were U18 ?

I did it, its always gone on.

The difference is that I didnt go in for violence, senseless vandalism and intimidation of old folk. ( not suggesting for a minute these lads do either)

No doubt they were just pranking about.

It is late though !

paulscnthorpe
13th February 2008, 14:52
another sad story is this.. with hindsight, i think the lads wil realise what a stupid thing to do, esecially at such a late hour..

hopefully this will make others think before doing such a thing as this..

condolences with the family..

just a quick note, at this time there is nothing to suggest the lads had been drinking

QUICK UPDATE:

the lads weren't on a raft, but actually polystyrene blocks

leeroy
13th February 2008, 15:22
i dont reckon they were drinking , as i said they have been playing on the building site on the lane last few night so have obviosuly took the polystyrene blocks from off their last nite.

knowsleyroader
13th February 2008, 15:32
The sad thing is, other kids wont learn anything from this apart from maybe the ones involved.

djgazza
13th February 2008, 19:36
condolences to all his family and friends from an old cowlean

r.i.p.

gazza

The Chair Maker
13th February 2008, 19:43
Very sad for family and friends.

However a 15 year old should not be out in the middle of week nor even weekend at midnight.

I appreciate its the school holidays, however such a lifestyle wont help the childs studying

Bainsey
13th February 2008, 23:58
Bloody hell Chair Maker. Havent you ever been 15 and out with your mates during the school holidays?

Midnight these days isnt late to kids of that age.

At the end of the day all they where doing was acting the goat like most lads do at that age.

Condolences go out to the family. RIP.

Shakespeare
14th February 2008, 01:10
Bloody hell Chair Maker. Havent you ever been 15 and out with your mates during the school holidays?

At the end of the day all they where doing was acting the goat like most lads do at that age.

He has a very good point. It seems the lads had said they were staying at a friends house, when in actual fact, they were camping there.

My thoughts are with the victim's family.

The Chair Maker
14th February 2008, 07:00

There are few excuses for most adults to be out in the middle of the week after midnight, let alone children.

At that age i would be expected to be in bed for between 9-10pm and most certainly would not have been allowed out in the middle of the week much later than 8pm.

Doogal
14th February 2008, 09:31
There are few excuses for most adults to be out in the middle of the week after midnight, let alone children.

At that age i would be expected to be in bed for between 9-10pm and most certainly would not have been allowed out in the middle of the week much later than 8pm.

At that age i was playing pool in the Swan.

Deepest sympathy with all the family, an absolute tragedy.

Bainsey
14th February 2008, 16:56

To be honest, I highly expect the parents didnt know he was out at that hour. He probably may have told them he was simply stopping at a mates house.

At the end of the day Chair its just a bit of teenage fun gone wrong. Very sad indeed.

Blobbynator
15th February 2008, 10:57

At 15 you were in bed between 9-10pm? lol lol lol

Beetle!
15th February 2008, 13:19

What a Sh1t over opinionated life you must have led.

Condolences to the lads family, terrible accident from the sounds of it

RedVee Admin
15th February 2008, 13:25
He's only just old enough to go to the shop on his own...

Div
15th February 2008, 14:01
At 15 you were in bed between 9-10pm? lol lol lol

I reckon he is now. :D

Sorry Mark !!

Elysian
15th February 2008, 18:15
I agree with Chair Makers sentiments but it seems that this young lad has learned his mitake and paid the ultimate price.

Very sad story.

Bostik Bailey
27th February 2008, 22:13
Reading the Reporter, there are moves to get the clegg filled in since it is danagerous.

It's an open body of water of course it's danagerous, so are roads -where more tragidies happen every year but nobody talks about banning cars -just campaigning to make people drive slower.

This was a tragic error of judgment, and an accident. The council are not to blame

Let's not destroy some of the last remaining open spaces in the town due to knee jerk reactions.

shasimmo
29th February 2008, 12:19
John Simmons was my beloved beautiful nephew and i thank SOME of you for your kind thoughts. John's parents were under the impression that he was staying the night at his friends directly opposite his home but unfortunately he wanted to join in for the first time with the adventures his so called mates told him about, the tent which was found was not John's, it was his intention to return home, but this was not to be.

We will be campaigning to have the Clegg filled in after a meeting with the council on Tuesday therefore I hope I can rely on my fellow saints supporters to get the deathtrap filled in before someone else's child has to die. John was not the first to die there and will not be the last until it is filled in.

This is strengthen by the fact that Thatto Heath rugby club will soon be opening its doors and a lot of children may be attracted to the water or take a short cut to Nutgrove/Sutton by way of the Clegg.

Thank you, Sharon