PDA

View Full Version : Laurel and Hardy

Gruntfuttock
11th February 2008, 01:17
At great expense , The George Hotel in George St ,St Helens has another attraction in addition to the Vintage Rugby Nights on Thursdays (everbody Welcome) , The Laurel and Hardy Appreciation Society the "Sons of the Desert" is giving a film show this Tuesday night ,starts at 8 o clock , all welcome ,when we will be showing amongst others the feature film "Blockheads" in which Stan is told to guard a trench in WW1 and 20 years later nobody has told him the War is over!:D
See you there !:D

alf wayliner
11th February 2008, 09:26
At great expense , The George Hotel in George St ,St Helens has another attraction in addition to the Vintage Rugby Nights on Thursdays (everbody Welcome) , The Laurel and Hardy Appreciation Society the "Sons of the Desert" is giving a film show this Tuesday night ,starts at 8 o clock , all welcome ,when we will be showing amongst others the feature film "Blockheads" in which Stan is told to guard a trench in WW1 and 20 years later nobody has told him the War is over!:D
See you there !:D
Blockheads one of my faves!

I'll see if I can make that one

Gruntfuttock
11th February 2008, 12:44
Look forward to seeing you:)

Bronco
11th February 2008, 13:03
Not taking the •••• at all, how many members does the Laurel and Hardy Appreciation Society have? Don't know how popular these things are at all.

Isn't the pub the FB goes to in Wire full of Laurel and Hardy stuff?

Gruntfuttock
11th February 2008, 15:35
There are 1000`s of us all over the world mate , but we are all in plain clothes so you don`t recognise us ;) , that person next to you in the queue at KR could be a secret L&H fan.

being honest there are meetings in Widnes Wigan (sorry) Liverpool Manchester , all over the place , but the main problem is getting people to come out in the evenings , Al has the same problem with the Retro Rugby nights , I believe the pub in Warrington has changed hands and I think he dumped all the L&H stuff , pity there was some nice stuff , sorry to ramble on :D

Greengrass
11th February 2008, 17:20
There are 1000`s of us all over the world mate , but we are all in plain clothes so you don`t recognise us ;) , that person next to you in the queue at KR could be a secret L&H fan.

being honest there are meetings in Widnes Wigan (sorry) Liverpool Manchester , all over the place , but the main problem is getting people to come out in the evenings , Al has the same problem with the Retro Rugby nights , I believe the pub in Warrington has changed hands and I think he dumped all the L&H stuff , pity there was some nice stuff , sorry to ramble on :D

Doesn't the KEPI give it away.

Gruntfuttock
11th February 2008, 17:59
Sorry Mate its a Fez , and we just tell people that our head is really that shape !:D

Div
11th February 2008, 18:27
Is it still the Bacon Grabbers tent ?

Gruntfuttock
11th February 2008, 23:36
It is indeed Div
How did you know that?

Div
12th February 2008, 13:52
It is indeed Div
How did you know that?

I am a fan. Never made it to a meeting yet but I do have most of their stuff on old fashioned video ! I went to the film museum in Bradford a few years ago when they were showing silent shorts with a live pianist - that was class. I will come down one month just not convenient tonight unfortunately. Good luck with it.

Gruntfuttock
12th February 2008, 13:57
Thanks
look forward to seeing you one month (see I told Bronco there were loads of us fans about:D )

foot of god
13th February 2008, 10:31
wasn't Laurel and hardys dog called Laughing Gravy ?

This could turn into a quiz

Gruntfuttock
13th February 2008, 10:54
Yes , in the film of the same name :D
Excellent short , but then I am biased !

Ok quick Quiz question for you

Where was Stan Laurel Born ?

easy peasy eh? (oh and no googling it as if you would :saint: )

foot of god
13th February 2008, 11:36
Yes , in the film of the same name :D
Excellent short , but then I am biased !

Ok quick Quiz question for you

Where was Stan Laurel Born ?

easy peasy eh? (oh and no googling it as if you would :saint: )

Ulverston...

Gruntfuttock
13th February 2008, 13:08
And the boy wins a ceegar :D

Div
13th February 2008, 14:17
Didnt they appear at The Theatre Royal ?

Gruntfuttock
13th February 2008, 15:53
As far as I know they never visited St Helens , nearest was Liverpool I think

liverpool saint
19th February 2008, 20:29
As far as I know they never visited St Helens , nearest was Liverpool I think
Yeah and they bought liverpool FC!

http://i.a.cnn.net/si/2007/writers/world_soccer/04/27/billionaire.takeovers/p1_gillett_hicks_0427.jpg

Well thats another fine mess they got us into!!

peter soutos tash
19th February 2008, 22:10
Yeah and they bought liverpool FC!

http://i.a.cnn.net/si/2007/writers/world_soccer/04/27/billionaire.takeovers/p1_gillett_hicks_0427.jpg

Well thats another fine mess they got us into!!

lol lol lol

boltonsaint
20th February 2008, 08:41
Ulverston...

3 Argyll Street, to be precise.

I went to his 100th birthday celebrations in Ulverston in 1990.

Gruntfuttock
20th February 2008, 17:52
I`m impressed :D
if you go to the house and try to take pictures the lady who lives in it will mug you for charity (a donation) :D