PDA

View Full Version : O/T Crime scene at Fingerpost

Div
1st February 2008, 13:28
Just been past Fingerpost. The building adjacent to Thrifty's ( think it was / is a doctors surgery) was taped off as a crime scene. There were 4 or 5 police vans/ cars including a scientific support unit.

Any rumblings about what has gone on ?

Just being nosey !!

Yul Brynner
1st February 2008, 13:37
Dead bloke I've heard

Rumour is some druggy trying to break in to steal medicine...fallen off the roof

Div
1st February 2008, 13:44
Dead bloke I've heard

Rumour is some druggy trying to break in to steal medicine...fallen off the roof

Oh well, 1 down .............

THELAST3YARDS
1st February 2008, 13:47
Oh well, 1 down .............

I agree.

Tip for junkies.

Take off from the floor.....and flap quicker than this :???:

Tobias
1st February 2008, 14:42
Dead bloke I've heard

That would have been a futile exercise anyhow, the doctors moved out of there to new premises last October! So there would be a building full of emptiness :confused:

St Michael
1st February 2008, 14:51
POLICE are investigating an unexplained death after a man's body was found at around 9.45am today (Friday).

Officers cordoned off a property on Higher Parr Street, Fingerpost, after the body was found.

A post mortem is yet to take place, but police have confirmed that the man's injuries were consistent with a fall.

Taken from St helens Star website.

Bronco
1st February 2008, 18:29
busy day in St Helens - there's a crime scene on Church Street, looks like someone may have tried to rob Thomas Cook.

jill
1st February 2008, 18:50
the police came at bout 9 o clock to the scene in fingerpost. there have been loads of stories, but with him falling off the roof and not been able to move he has died overnight with hypothermia

saint claire
1st February 2008, 19:13
busy day in St Helens - there's a crime scene on Church Street, looks like someone may have tried to rob Thomas Cook.

Police wouldnt tell one of my staff what happened when i sent her out to ask at about 5.15. Apparently everything was alright at that moment. I missed what was happening over the radio, because i turned to down.... darn!!!!

Bigman
1st February 2008, 19:18
Here you go

http://www.sthelensstar.co.uk/display.var.2013770.0.armed_robberies_at_travel_ag ents.php

Saint_Appleton
1st February 2008, 19:26
flipping hell i feel sorry for the people working there

The Chair Maker
1st February 2008, 19:34
The bloke dieing at fingerpost could be up for a darwin award if the rumours of what happend are true. eg trying to rob a Doctors/chemist and falling off a roof and then freezing to death, because he wasnt smart enough to realise the place had closed a few months ago

leeroy
1st February 2008, 20:14
I was stood opposite the travel agents waiting for the wife, then she called me into the shop an just as i come back out it had happened . so bloody missed the action !!!

peter soutos tash
1st February 2008, 20:53
The bloke dieing at fingerpost could be up for a darwin award if the rumours of what happend are true. eg trying to rob a Doctors/chemist and falling off a roof and then freezing to death, because he wasnt smart enough to realise the place had closed a few months ago

thats some strong shit......man

knowsleyroader
1st February 2008, 21:24
If our faller was a bag head, then please next time dont make it a crime scene Merseyside police, get the jellies and balloons out pls.

Beetle!
1st February 2008, 21:41
Here you go

http://www.sthelensstar.co.uk/display.var.2013770.0.armed_robberies_at_travel_ag ents.php

The picture on that story made me laugh after reading the last line, "police have not officially confirmed which travel agents were targeted" with thomas cook sealed off in the photo lol

The Greatest
1st February 2008, 22:45
Im not in the least bit suprised but there are some shamefull comments on here regarding the dead person.

Reacher
2nd February 2008, 17:06
Im not in the least bit suprised but there are some shamefull comments on here regarding the dead person.

Not really. Occupational hazard I say. If he had not been trying to burgle the premises then he would still be alive today.

The Greatest
2nd February 2008, 17:42
Not really. Occupational hazard I say. If he had not been trying to burgle the premises then he would still be alive today.

I agree but the "lets crack open the champagne" attitude of some is deplorable IMHO

Glenn
2nd February 2008, 20:45
I agree but the "lets crack open the champagne" attitude of some is deplorable IMHO
agree no matter that he was a drug user his family are not and they have just lost there son r.i.p

knowsleyroader
2nd February 2008, 22:29
Sorry but if I could push a button that would instantly kill all druggie scum then it would be pushed harder than I have ever pushed anything in my life. I can't make my feelings any clearer than that. If it offends, tough.

Glenn
2nd February 2008, 22:40
Sorry but if I could push a button that would instantly kill all druggie scum then it would be pushed harder than I have ever pushed anything in my life. I can't make my feelings any clearer than that. If it offends, tough.
i agree people who do are sell drugs scum of the earth,but lets not stop there people who speed,drink drivers, deserve to die as well,
come on get real no one deserves to die

The Greatest
2nd February 2008, 22:41
Sorry but if I could push a button that would instantly kill all druggie scum .

So anyone who takes drugs is scum?

Glenn
2nd February 2008, 22:46
i dont mean the ones you get off your doctor or from the chemist

The Greatest
2nd February 2008, 22:53
neither do I.

Glenn
3rd February 2008, 04:12
so people who take drugs are they scum... just a few points

1..lazy bone idle bums

2..giro grabbing

3..rob to feed there habit

4..no respect for there parents are anyone else

people in employment are paying taxes so these people can sponge of the dhss these people are not scum at all

The Greatest
3rd February 2008, 10:24
so people who take drugs are they scum... just a few points

1..lazy bone idle bums

2..giro grabbing

3..rob to feed there habit

4..no respect for there parents are anyone else

people in employment are paying taxes so these people can sponge of the dhss these people are not scum at all

But points 1,2 and 4 have nothing to do with drugs. There are millions of people fitting those descriptions anyway.

Now, onto my list.

1) People getting ••••••ed and creating agro
2) Prior to the new laws, people smoking indoors and polluting my air and the air of my kids directly affecting our health.

Are these scum?

What about....

1) The occasional user of various illegal / recreational drugs paid for by themselves?

Are these scum? If not what makes the person scum. Is it the drug being illegal, how the person acts under the influence, whether they can afford it or whether they are an addict or not?

knowsleyroader
3rd February 2008, 11:06
As far as im concerned im talking about the ones where both cheeks touch each other on the inside, their eyes are set at the back of their head and look right through you. Oh and if they thought they could beat you up, take all your money, rob your house, kill their mum for a tenner then they would do.

I think thats a fair enough description. Maybe these unfortunate souls can all move in with you Greatest so you can take care of them all.

As far as im concerned everyone knows what drugs do and if they make that decision to take them in the first place then thats when I stop having any feelings towards what was another human being.

You can call my simplistic view as much as you like, but if I had my way this country would be very different within 12 months and I think most would like the changes.

itwillalwaysbewithme
3rd February 2008, 11:49

Aye an armed robbery at Thomas Cook, then he went onto First Choice where my Girlfriend was working at the time.

The Greatest
3rd February 2008, 11:51
As far as im concerned im talking about the ones where both cheeks touch each other on the inside, their eyes are set at the back of their head and look right through you. Oh and if they thought they could beat you up, take all your money, rob your house, kill their mum for a tenner then they would do.

:D love the description

BTW, are the people who get drunk and beat people up ok? The smokers who blow smoke into my kids air ok? Are the rockstars who take loads of drugs and glamorise it ok (or are these cool people). We will run out of people to kill if we adopted your strategy.

knowsleyroader
3rd February 2008, 13:22
:D love the description

BTW, are the people who get drunk and beat people up ok? The smokers who blow smoke into my kids air ok? Are the rockstars who take loads of drugs and glamorise it ok (or are these cool people). We will run out of people to kill if we adopted your strategy.

Maybe I could deal with my chosen section and you could deal with the others ? Together we could turn Britain into paradise island.

Not sure im bothered now though since ive picked up my millions of pounds after watching Derren Browns " The System " on channel 4. ;)

St Michael
4th February 2008, 18:03
I've no time for druggies who rob & steal to feed their habit, nor for antisocial yobs who make life a misery for decent people whether drunk or sober.

Having said that I get no pleasure from reading that one of them has lost his life, but I won't be shedding many tears of sympathy either.

St Michael
4th February 2008, 18:04

The Greatest
4th February 2008, 20:49
Together we could turn Britain into paradise island.;)

Britain is a paradise island. Its one of the wealthiest countries in the world, the standard of living is mostly very good for the vast majority of people and while the weather is poor you arent under threat from extreem conditions like tornadoes etc... All in all, we have it well even with a few smackheads about

Not sure im bothered now though since ive picked up my millions of pounds after watching Derren Browns " The System " on channel 4. ;)

Good show, wasnt it. lol

The Greatest
4th February 2008, 20:51
I've no time for druggies who rob & steal to feed their habit, nor for antisocial yobs who make life a misery for decent people whether drunk or sober.

Having said that I get no pleasure from reading that one of them has lost his life, but I won't be shedding many tears of sympathy either.

Couldnt have put it much better at all.

Paul Cullen's Mantra
4th February 2008, 21:06

Life isn't black and white my friend. Could you disown your own chidren if they fell into a life of drugs and crime?........Think of all the onlookers who would be blaming you for the way they have turned out in life.....

Laney
4th February 2008, 21:36
Paradise Island Hey? Alot of these foreigners look at you as if there going to kill you nevermind drug addicts.

:rolleyes:

St Michael
4th February 2008, 21:43
Life isn't black and white my friend. Could you disown your own chidren if they fell into a life of drugs and crime?........Think of all the onlookers who would be blaming you for the way they have turned out in life.....

True. life isn't black & white.

But that doesn't mean that I have to condone all manner of misbehaviour.

I have three sons and six grandchildren, all of whom, as far as I know have managed to keep away from drugs and other antisocial activities. As for how I would handle such a situation who knows? You can only react to the circumstances you find yourself in. But I sure as hell would try to keep them on the straight and narrow.

Laney
4th February 2008, 21:43

I agree life isn't black and white. I have a son whos made a couple of mistakes without going into detail. Hes not a drug addict but I know that feeling when people are judging you. Not everybody is perfect. I'm a caring parent and would do anything to help and encourage my children.

Sceptical Ste
4th February 2008, 23:41

I think thats a fair enough description. Maybe these unfortunate souls can all move in with you Greatest so you can take care of them all.

As far as im concerned everyone knows what drugs do and if they make that decision to take them in the first place then thats when I stop having any feelings towards what was another human being.

You can call my simplistic view as much as you like, but if I had my way this country would be very different within 12 months and I think most would like the changes.

Gareth Hock lol

paulscnthorpe
5th February 2008, 11:24
Paradise Island Hey? Alot of these foreigners look at you as if there going to kill you nevermind drug addicts.

:rolleyes:

how can someone look at you like they're going to kill you??

just you're aware, most of the crime committed in st helens is committed by white british..

The Greatest
5th February 2008, 11:49
how can someone look at you like they're going to kill you??..

They only have to look a bit foreign and there you go....they are gonna kill you.

just you're aware, most of the crime committed in st helens is committed by white british..

Thats the problem, people who are ignorant to facts are not aware of that.

Bainsey
5th February 2008, 12:07

Because we cant catch the other feckers, thus pinning the blame on us lot? lol

Laney
5th February 2008, 12:10
They only have to look a bit foreign and there you go....they are gonna kill you.

Thats the problem, people who are ignorant to facts are not aware of that.

I'm not ignorant to any facts. I smile and say hello , hold the door open for them but most of them just look right through you. Alot of crime is committed by immigrants and foreigners too!

The Greatest
5th February 2008, 12:14
I'm not ignorant to any facts. I smile and say hello , hold the door open for them but most of them just look right through you.!

Ever thought they are scared or its a bit odd being in a different place? Can they speak your language? Someone having a blank or confused look is slightly different from your original quote of them looking like they are going to kill you.

Alot of crime is committed by immigrants and foreigners too!

Yup....some crime is. A very small amount, the rest is commited by our very own scrotes.

Laney
5th February 2008, 12:20
Ever thought they are scared or its a bit odd being in a different place? Can they speak your language? Someone having a blank or confused look is slightly different from your original quote of them looking like they are going to kill you.

Yup....some crime is. A very small amount, the rest is commited by our very own scrotes.

Yeah well maybe it was a bit strong for me to say that. Bit of a flippant remark, but you don't know me. I do apologise if I caused offence. I don't have statistics but it seems like theres more than a very small amount.

Laney
5th February 2008, 12:27
[QUOTE=The Greatest]Ever thought they are scared or its a bit odd being in a different place? Can they speak your language? Someone having a blank or confused look is slightly different from your original quote of them looking like they are going to kill you.

When I go to another country, I go out of my way to be friendly to folk and try to get into and learn about the culture there and get to know the people.

Beetle!
5th February 2008, 12:32
[QUOTE=The Greatest]Ever thought they are scared or its a bit odd being in a different place? Can they speak your language? Someone having a blank or confused look is slightly different from your original quote of them looking like they are going to kill you.

When I go to another country, I go out of my way to be friendly to folk and try to get into and learn about the culture there and ge to know the people.

And so say all of us!

But dont try to have a reasoned argument about anything with the greatest or he'll break out his "pseudo knowledge" of every topic ever invented anb baffle you with bollocks stats! lol

The Greatest
5th February 2008, 13:00
And so say all of us!
But dont try to have a reasoned argument about anything with the greatest

Reasoned debate like that johnny foreigner looks like he wants to kill me. How silly of me not to see how rational this point was.

or he'll break out his "pseudo knowledge" of every topic ever invented anb baffle you with bollocks stats! lol

No. I'll use facts rather than a load of bo11ocks to make my opinions on people. Again, how stupid of me to do this.

The Greatest
5th February 2008, 13:05
When I go to another country, I go out of my way to be friendly to folk and try to get into and learn about the culture there and get to know the people.

Going to a different country is a hell of a lot different from living there altogether. I do agree with you that people who travel abroad should learn the native lingo and fit in with their culture but this takes time. Imagine if you were dropped into the middle of Bulgaria with your family and then you just had to live your life. You'd have a dazed look on your face for a while and you would be looking at everyone wandering what they thought of you and if they were going to do owt bad to you.

Beetle!
5th February 2008, 13:07
Reasoned debate like that johnny foreigner looks like he wants to kill me. How silly of me not to see how rational this point was.

No. I'll use facts rather than a load of bo11ocks to make my opinions on people. Again, how stupid of me to do this.

Quick someone grab the net! lol

paulscnthorpe
5th February 2008, 13:07
just coming back to the robberies at the travel agents

http://www.merseyside.police.uk/Images/news/february/cctv-sthelens.jpg

anyone with information can contact crimestoppers on 0800 555 111

The Greatest
5th February 2008, 13:10
Quick someone grab the net! lol

lol

Laney
5th February 2008, 16:15
just coming back to the robberies at the travel agents

http://www.merseyside.police.uk/Images/news/february/cctv-sthelens.jpg

anyone with information can contact crimestoppers on 0800 555 111

Laney
5th February 2008, 16:23
Going to a different country is a hell of a lot different from living there altogether. I do agree with you that people who travel abroad should learn the native lingo and fit in with their culture but this takes time. Imagine if you were dropped into the middle of Bulgaria with your family and then you just had to live your life. You'd have a dazed look on your face for a while and you would be looking at everyone wandering what they thought of you and if they were going to do owt bad to you.

Theres alot I could comment on about that, but I think i'll keep quiet for now.

:D

HoofeHearted
5th February 2008, 19:41
They have now named the
corpse (http://www.sthelensstar.co.uk/news/news/display.var.2017447.0.updated_fingerpost_death_not _suspicious.php)

oldun
7th February 2008, 23:54
They have now named the
corpse (http://www.sthelensstar.co.uk/news/news/display.var.2017447.0.updated_fingerpost_death_not _suspicious.php)

(Police believe his body had lay there undiscovered for several hours.)
According to the daily papers today 7/2/08the police missed it altogether when they first were called about the break in and a workman found it later

little_frank
8th February 2008, 10:21
(Police believe his body had lay there undiscovered for several hours.)
According to the daily papers today 7/2/08the police missed it altogether when they first were called about the break in and a workman found it later

Apparently on first inspection they put the hole down to wind damage :eek: