PDA

View Full Version : Setting up a B+B

Syd
30th January 2008, 22:27
Anyone on here ever setup a B+B from scratch. Turning a private residence into a B+B?

Or do you know someone who has done this?

Or, do you currently work in the hotelier trade, and understand the laws and regulations and who to speak to etc etc?

Cheers folks.

Paul Cullen's Mantra
30th January 2008, 22:54
Anyone on here ever setup a B+B from scratch. Turning a private residence into a B+B?

Or do you know someone who has done this?

Or, do you currently work in the hotelier trade, and understand the laws and regulations and who to speak to etc etc?

Cheers folks.

Basil Fawlty has all the answers.......

Trev The Bear
31st January 2008, 09:08
Basil Fawlty has all the answers.......

Who,unlike you,was funny!

Syd, get your thumb out of your arse and get the butler to find out the relevant information. Certainly from Electrical POV a monitored fire alarm and indivdual zoned devices (smoke or heat alarm in each room) are a pre-requisit as i would assume are carbon detectors.

Would imagine the biggest issue would be the change of use from residential to business would be the most likely stumbling block.

Is it the east wing you're converting? What about the helipad being there?

Syd
1st February 2008, 16:26
Who,unlike you,was funny!

Syd, get your thumb out of your arse and get the butler to find out the relevant information. Certainly from Electrical POV a monitored fire alarm and indivdual zoned devices (smoke or heat alarm in each room) are a pre-requisit as i would assume are carbon detectors.

Would imagine the biggest issue would be the change of use from residential to business would be the most likely stumbling block.

Is it the east wing you're converting? What about the helipad being there?

Yes eh chaneg of use is the tricky bit, the neighbours may not like it, and seeing as most of them are well to do, up their own bum sort of folk, I could face a battle, hence trying to to get the local MP on myside. And the council, and the english tourisy board, after all I am investing in the MP's constituency, I am investing in people, MP's need to show willing its in theri interest for a vote.
This place actualy does have a west wing and an east wing, and it needs plenty of fire alarms pal.. no helipad, but can easily stick a letter H in part the land I am sure. Me mat Richie Branson hates using the car, so wont come n see me unless he can land his chopper into my vacinity.

Shakespeare
1st February 2008, 16:58
Me mate Richie Branson hates using the car, so wont come n see me unless he can land his chopper into my vacinity.

Is vacinity the new euphemism for mouth?

Syd
1st February 2008, 17:00
Is vacinity the new euphemism for mouth?

Any holes a goal chief.

saintyick
3rd February 2008, 13:32
Its like a carry on film here, with all these double entendres! :rolleyes: