PDA

View Full Version : Survival

Trev The Bear
14th January 2008, 09:47
Ok,you're stuck in the middle of nowhere with no provisions,no way of contacting outside help and one choice....

Bear Grylls or Ray Mears

Which of these mens help would you take to find safety and why?

Discuss

RedVee Admin
14th January 2008, 10:42
Ray Mears.

Simply because I don't like the sound of Bear Grills. Sounds like a really grizzly barbecue.

Shakespeare
14th January 2008, 12:46
No question!

Bear Grylls broke his vertebrae in three places. Then two years later, he climbs Everet at 23! Im going with the Ultimate Survivor.

Beetle!
14th January 2008, 13:21
Mears every time!

Bear Grylls wouldn't last two minutes the way he flings himself off waterfalls and into peat bogs all the time!

Trev The Bear
14th January 2008, 13:26
Mears every time!

Bear Grylls wouldn't last two minutes the way he flings himself off waterfalls and into peat bogs all the time!

Bear climbed everest lol

Bear every day of the week,mears is too nice,you'd end up killing him and then be back to square one!

Div
14th January 2008, 13:30
I cant wait until Dave gets back to work. ;) lol

Beetle!
14th January 2008, 15:05
Bear climbed everest lol

Bear every day of the week,mears is too nice,you'd end up killing him and then be back to square one!

So he climbed a bit of a hill, i've walked from the bottom of main street in billinge all the way to squires pub, so by my reckoning i should be added to the list!

(have to say though my initial decision was made after careful deliberation, i like the way grylls killed that crab to "put it out of his misery" then proceeded to bite its shell off taste the horrible meat then throw it in the water in case he died!)

GABBI
14th January 2008, 15:50
Mears . Have You Seen That Chubby Face , He Hasn't Got That Through Eating Grubs And Roots . He Would Sniff Out The Nearest Pie Shop In No Time

Donkey Commoner
14th January 2008, 18:56
Mears.

Grylls makes better telly (more risk taking, doing daft things and then needing that backup plan). But, when it comes to staying-alive-survival rather than ratings-survival it has to be Ray.

fye
14th January 2008, 19:06
Ray for me!!!!!!!

paulscnthorpe
14th January 2008, 19:45
without doubt, the bear..

grylls goes to panama to show what to do..

mears goes the exmoor

are you blind ref
15th January 2008, 13:38
without doubt, the bear..

mears goes the exmoor

And Panama is very nice, lots of cheep booze and sunshine - you wouldn't want to be rescued from there too quickly ;).
In fact the biggest danger there is on the roads - no roundabouts, no drink driving laws and you can talk on your mobile while driving but they all seem to muddle through :D

ticker
15th January 2008, 13:57
Bear would whup mears candy ass in a fight so therefore is the one who would survive when it comes down to their last Big mac.

Shakespeare
15th January 2008, 14:04
Bear would whup mears candy ass in a fight so therefore is the one who would survive when it comes down to their last Big mac.

The Lady behind them in the queue.

Its one thing wrestling a bear, but a big bottomed girl?

WOOOOOOOOAAAAAHHHH MOMMA!!!

Greengrass
15th January 2008, 15:07
Grylls may throw himself into a Scottish bog to demonstrate his ability to escape but would he throw himself into a Knowsley Rd Bog, I think his bravery could be severely tested.

St Adrian
16th January 2008, 00:12
Anyone who can stand drinking the extracts of elephant sh*t has to be the one for me. The thought of that is pretty scary. He also slept inside a camel all night despite the fact that it was dead for about a month and then drunk the contents of its insides. What else could this man do. You have to be pretty desperate to do that. You would also have to have a very strong stomach to do it as well. i nearly through up just watching it. Just imagine the smell of the camel and even more so the stench inside it.

saintBAZ
16th January 2008, 11:12
Ray
bear is a cheat he sleeps in hotels ray is a proper survivalist

Noah Sleeroader
17th January 2008, 02:14

mears goes the exmoor

and they both take with them : a camera crew, a lighting crew, a sound crew, electricians, make-up girls, wardrobe mistresses/masters, director, canteen wagons, etc. etc. it's a lonely, hard life in the wilderness. :rolleyes: :rolleyes: