PDA

View Full Version : Council Planning

St Adrian
3rd January 2008, 23:35
A friend has just applied for planning permission to convert a garage to living accomodation, retrospectively. I know, "should have known better" but was advised that the conversion was within permitted development rights.

There is a condition on the grant of permission that the driveway has to be double width but the house has a double width driveway already, well at least it will park two cars easily. It was planned like this and built like this and has been inspected by the higways officer who must be able to see there is space for two cars but despite this, plans have to be drafted and approved and the works carried out on the driveway before planning permission is granted. :mad:

The Council know only too well that the driveway has capacity for two cars. The planning officer was consulted and advised of the measurements of the existing driveway which are greater than they need be but there is still a requirement to apply with plans and do the work which must be the most stupid thing ever. :rolleyes:

If St Helens RLFC are in any difficulties with the red tape such as above with the building of the new stadium, we will be unlikely to watch a game there within this millenium and I would doubt the plans being approved before then in any event. :eek:

Any thoughts on this? :???:

Trev The Bear
4th January 2008, 00:40
Yeah your mate should have got planning permission in the first place.

RedVee Admin
4th January 2008, 01:02
Irish Trevor and his mates Paddy, Mick and Seamus will tarmac it for "£200 cash and one of those compliance certificate too so you won't get no bother from yer man at the council".

Syd
4th January 2008, 14:31
A friend has just applied for planning permission to convert a garage to living accomodation, retrospectively. I know, "should have known better" but was advised that the conversion was within permitted development rights.

There is a condition on the grant of permission that the driveway has to be double width but the house has a double width driveway already, well at least it will park two cars easily. It was planned like this and built like this and has been inspected by the higways officer who must be able to see there is space for two cars but despite this, plans have to be drafted and approved and the works carried out on the driveway before planning permission is granted. :mad:

The Council know only too well that the driveway has capacity for two cars. The planning officer was consulted and advised of the measurements of the existing driveway which are greater than they need be but there is still a requirement to apply with plans and do the work which must be the most stupid thing ever. :rolleyes:

If St Helens RLFC are in any difficulties with the red tape such as above with the building of the new stadium, we will be unlikely to watch a game there within this millenium and I would doubt the plans being approved before then in any event. :eek:

Any thoughts on this? :???:

Tell him to move house, less hassle.

St Adrian
4th January 2008, 20:15
Not the sort of advice I was looking for in the post!

Two Wheeled Saint
4th January 2008, 20:23
He should have taken advice, as Saints did.

HoofeHearted
6th January 2008, 15:29
Tell him to move house, less hassle.

That won't work either. The prospective buyer's solicitor will ask for proof of Planning Permission.

Syd
11th January 2008, 11:38
That won't work either. The prospective buyer's solicitor will ask for proof of Planning Permission.

Train to become a solicitor, use yourself, and ignore everything.
EASY !