PDA

View Full Version : Average £4 per pint in 2008 ?

Div
24th December 2007, 17:56
http://news.sky.com/skynews/article/0,,30400-13634110,00.html

I think that would be pretty suicidal for an already struggling industry. Dont think I would be downing to many at £4 a go !!

oldun
24th December 2007, 22:19
They have got to keep up their scandlous profit margins for the sake of the shareholders

Saint Bert
26th December 2007, 13:17
The Pub Co's such as Punch & Spirit Group are the main killers of the industry.

Force reduced contract prices to the brewers or threaten not to serve their products, but then sell the ale onto their lease holders on ties for up to 48% higher than the normal retail costs.

Next time you see a pub boarded up, this is the reason why.

DD
26th December 2007, 13:30
http://news.sky.com/skynews/article/0,,30400-13634110,00.html

I think that would be pretty suicidal for an already struggling industry. Dont think I would be downing to many at £4 a go !!

It depends on where you go as to where it would hit the amount of punters the most.

The £4 a pint thing is a bit of a panic statement, as is the wont of the press these days, because that is only certain, well off places where it will hit anywhere near that level. I am damned sure of it.

My two locals charge £1.85 and £2.20 respectively for their pints. Maybe they might go up 50p so it wouldn't be too bad.

The Northern Quarter in Manchester is about £3 a pint now but I am still willing to pay that extra for a better night and a better class of punter. I wouldn't imagine that spending an extra fiver, tops, a night will make much difference to the vast majority, when you are spending so much in the first place.

Social clubs and old man's drinking pubs will be the ones to suffer the hardest, or those that have punters with bonkers logic like spending £2 extra on travel to go to a pub that saves them £2 a night on beer prices, and believe me there is no population in the world like Saints fans on this score. ;)

Greengrass
26th December 2007, 13:37
I am still willing to pay that extra for a better night and a better class of punter.

You mean like people with teeth and a home with it's own roof???lol lol

The Chair Maker
26th December 2007, 17:07
I see one of the excuses for higher prices is the high cost of metal beer kegs and the associated thefts of them.

Simple answer, go back to proper wooden ones.

Shakespeare
26th December 2007, 18:13
I see one of the excuses for higher prices is the high cost of metal beer kegs and the associated thefts of them.

Simple answer, go back to proper wooden ones.

What a good way to transport flammable products.

alf wayliner
26th December 2007, 18:27
What a good way to transport flammable products.
Is beer flammable?

Greengrass
26th December 2007, 18:44
Is beer flammable?

I bet it ruined their christmas pud.lol lol lol

alf wayliner
26th December 2007, 20:55
I bet it ruined their christmas pud.lol lol lol
lol

Tell you what though, the day after you've drank it, beer is certainly flammable!

ticker
27th December 2007, 16:32
Is beer flammable?
Only if you light your own farts the morning after

Greengrass
27th December 2007, 20:55
Only if you light your own farts the morning after

is that from 1001 ways of snuffing a candle?

Syd
2nd January 2008, 17:27
£4 a pint, and st helens, just do not go together.