PDA

View Full Version : Football Fans Poll

RedVee Admin
12th December 2007, 12:21
To settle a constant bicker on RedVee, then maybe the whole debate can get put to bed.

Multiple choice poll, tick all the boxes which apply to you.

Saint Bert
12th December 2007, 12:34
All this will settle is who is the most supported football team of Red Vee viewers reading the off topic forum who can be arsed to reply.

RedVee Admin
12th December 2007, 12:41
Which is the whole point of it, biscuit boy.

DD
12th December 2007, 19:59
One City fan voted thus far. The other must be working late again!

Shakespeare
13th December 2007, 01:14
I thought this was a One Team choice thing?

I do have a second team. lol

http://photos-827.ll.facebook.com/photos-ll-sf2p/v111/59/45/512388827/n512388827_160350_7805.jpg

RedVee Admin
13th December 2007, 02:24
Tick as many boxes as needs be to fully represent yourself.

Having said that, many people are clicking on a team AND don't give a shit. Strange, surely if they have a team, they must give at least a fraction of a shit.

Saint Bert
13th December 2007, 09:29
How can you support 2 teams?

Next year I think I will support Saints and Hull in SL!

RedVee Admin
13th December 2007, 10:50
It depends. One can be a part of the Seasiders Tangerine Army whilst also supporting a Premier League team.

However, one person has clicked for two clubs who are, historically but not so much in recent years, fierce rivals. That, I find unusual.

Doc Green
13th December 2007, 10:53
Soccer lost its appeal to me many years about 10-12 years ago. I just can't be arsed with it any more. So whilst I supported a team in my youth I don't really follow where they are in the league /cups / Europe etc.

DD
13th December 2007, 11:29
It depends. One can be a part of the Seasiders Tangerine Army whilst also supporting a Premier League team.

However, one person has clicked for two clubs who are, historically but not so much in recent years, fierce rivals. That, I find unusual.

Indeed. There was a three year spell when I had a season ticket for both City and Preston North End, as I could get to around 17 or 18 PNE games a year that didn't clash with City home games.

Now it's more City and Celtic with PNE third! :)

Saint Bert
13th December 2007, 11:34
Indeed. There was a three year spell when I had a season ticket for both City and Preston North End, as I could get to around 17 or 18 PNE games a year that didn't clash with City home games.

Now it's more City and Celtic

It just gets worse! lol

Trev The Bear
13th December 2007, 11:53

Now it's more City and Celtic with PNE third! :)

Scummer ;)

RedVee Admin
13th December 2007, 12:19
I had a season ticket for both City and Preston North End
I always thought you were kinda OK as you weren't a biscuit but now I find out that you're a Nob End??? That's almost as bad as being a Hob Nob. No wait, it's worse.

Saint Bert
13th December 2007, 12:29
A liverpool fan who watches Blackpool.

I have the perfect Christmas present for you.

http://f3c.yahoofs.com/shopping/mcid16_96977/simg_t_t1392313923_thumbjpg110

RedVee Admin
13th December 2007, 12:56
Don't just say it, wrap it up and give it.

the man - the legend would probably like one of those too.

Saint Bert
13th December 2007, 13:46
Don't just say it, wrap it up and give it.

the man - the legend would probably like one of those too.

Are you calling him a scouser, a native of Thatto Heath, how very dare you!

Trev The Bear
13th December 2007, 13:50
People have died for less!!lol

geordie saint
13th December 2007, 14:02
Soccer lost its appeal to me many years about 10-12 years ago. I just can't be arsed with it any more. So whilst I supported a team in my youth I don't really follow where they are in the league /cups / Europe etc.

totally agree mate. football is now officially crap, played by soft sh*tes,drama queens, whinging managers, cheats, and is overpriced, and no value at all.

Saint Bert
13th December 2007, 14:05
totally agree mate. football is now officially crap, played by soft sh*tes,drama queens, whinging managers, cheats, and is overpriced, and no value at all.

if that is the case, why are several people who attend Saints regular, more giddy about Sunday's Manc Scouse derby than they were for the last few Saints V Wigan games :???:

slippery steve
13th December 2007, 15:26
Liverpool All the Way.

lol

Saint Bert
13th December 2007, 15:53
Being a bit picky,

What does " As many games as possible" mean.

If you are off work on match day, choose to spend money elsewhere, then you are choosing not to go, so attend as many games as possible is a false statement for those people.

Trev The Bear
13th December 2007, 16:20
Being a bit picky,

What does " As many games as possible" mean.

If you are off work on match day, choose to spend money elsewhere, then you are choosing not to go, so attend as many games as possible is a false statement for those people.

Is that like when last season you stayed in the pub for a CC game against shit oppo rather than go but still went the final?;)

Saint Bert
13th December 2007, 16:22
Is that like when last season you stayed in the pub for a CC game against shit oppo rather than go but still went the final?;)

Sort off, however I never claimed to "go to as many games as possible" did I. ;)

Trev The Bear
13th December 2007, 16:24
Aye,give you that,still doesn't make it right tho!
Glory hunter lol

Saint Bert
13th December 2007, 16:30
You can blame DA for that, it was the previous round were we played the last 12 minutes men down and looked like we couldn't be arsed with 20 minutes left. Cost me £17 that did. :mad:

Sure as shit wasn't going to be conned again, if I remember rightly a lot people were back in the pub before 2nd half started. lol

Did you go. :eek: lol

little_frank
13th December 2007, 17:08
Where's the category for "Fickle Mush-head"?

Reacher
13th December 2007, 17:59
Bert, I hate to be a "told you so" merchant but looks like my article was right after all. The results of this poll so far indicates that "Most Saints fans are Liverpool fans"!!!!

Warks Kev
13th December 2007, 18:10
Bert, I hate to be a "told you so" merchant but looks like my article was right after all. The results of this poll so far indicates that "Most Saints fans are Liverpool fans"!!!!

As at the moment :

17 Liverpool
27 Other
4 None

48 Total

35.4% Liverpool fans, so a minority ;)

geordie saint
13th December 2007, 18:33
if that is the case, why are several people who attend Saints regular, more giddy about Sunday's Manc Scouse derby than they were for the last few Saints V Wigan games :???:

that might have something to do with the fact saints play wigan 4 times in a season, and it has slightly lost its appeal. i just think football isnt as exciting as it used to be, and is spoilt at the moment by certain factors i mentioned. plus the fact we have a bollocks team up here :D

Saint Bert
14th December 2007, 09:32

We can always ask those who only voted for their team to go and add a random 2nd side to bring that % down! ;)

Plus the likes of Doug, Future, Saint Me and Crouchin, just 4 reds who haven't been on and voted yet. ;)

Trev The Bear
14th December 2007, 10:39
We can always ask those who only voted for their team to go and add a random 2nd side to bring that % down! ;)

Plus the likes of Doug, Future, Saint Me and Crouchin, just 4 reds who haven't been on and voted yet. ;)

Aren't they FC United fans? :???:

alf wayliner
14th December 2007, 10:41
Don't tell me Man U have cornered the market on the word "Reds" like they did with the word "United"?

Reacher
14th December 2007, 10:41

Well give them a nudge. Cant have the Scousers winning this poll. ;)

DeKay
15th December 2007, 21:09
As at the moment :

17 Liverpool
27 Other
4 None

48 Total

35.4% Liverpool fans, so a minority ;)

It'd still be snough to win an election though!

FTR, I don't give two craps about girlyball, unless St Helens Town get to the FA cup final!

Saint Bert
17th December 2007, 10:03
Don't tell me Man U have cornered the market on the word "Reds" like they did with the word "United"?

Indeed, by the same rules St Helens RLFC have done with "Saints" ;)

alf wayliner
17th December 2007, 11:05
Indeed, by the same rules St Helens RLFC have done with "Saints" ;)
No mate, there's only St Helens in English Rugby league's "professional" leagues that are known as the saints, in football there are any number of clubs that are called United and two others currently in the Premiership. As far as "Reds" goes I'm sure Nottingham Forest, Barnsley, Bristol City, Middlesbrough amongst many others, would say that the term "Reds" is perfectly valid when applied to their team and is not the exclusive property of one club. For the record a number of "Reds" that I know have not voted on that particular poll, whether they are "Reds" who follow Manchester United or "Reds" who follow Liverpool or "Reds" who follow Accrington Stanley or "Reds" who follow Everton but have particular political leanings!
;)

Saint Bert
17th December 2007, 11:18
I am sure Northampton and Southampton would argue that they are the Saints also.

If Southampton were playing Liverpool at Anfield, Northampton were playing at Moss Lane and St Helens were playing at Knowsley Rd and you said I am going to watch Saints, it would be approprate to ask which Saints.

I am sure I have never heard you say I am going to watch Saints of England's Professional Rugby League!

alf wayliner
17th December 2007, 11:51
I am sure Northampton and Southampton would argue that they are the Saints also.

If Southampton were playing Liverpool at Anfield, Northampton were playing at Moss Lane and St Helens were playing at Knowsley Rd and you said I am going to watch Saints, it would be approprate to ask which Saints.

I am sure I have never heard you say I am going to watch Saints of England's Professional Rugby League!
QED

Saint Bert
17th December 2007, 12:21
It is also a correect assumption based on the person making the statement as to who or which team "phrases" relate.

For instance, if you said "fellow reds" I would assume that you were talking about Liverpool FC ( or maybe Critch ;-) )

Equally so if I use the phrase United it would be pretty much nailed on that i am talking about Manchester United.

Div
17th December 2007, 13:16
A decent return of 'United' fans - that is Leeds United. Maybe we should form a Red Vee LUFC Supporters Club !! I would be tempted to make a few trips over the other side if we could take a car full of like minded whites.

Saint Bert
17th December 2007, 13:21
I would be tempted to make a few trips over the other side if we could take a car full of like minded whites.

Racist!

Div
17th December 2007, 13:23
Racist!

Lol lol

Tony Kay
19th December 2007, 00:34
Didnt read the question properly and didnt tick the season ticket box, d'oh :o 1 more ST holder for UTD and a "red" to boot, Alf;)

alf wayliner
19th December 2007, 11:40
Didnt read the question properly and didnt tick the season ticket box, d'oh :o
Bloody legal eagles, how on earth do you make a living:)

alf wayliner
27th December 2007, 01:31
How can you support 2 teams?

Every United fan from St Helens that I have spoken to is going up to support FC United.
Well it seems to be easy for some people, dependant on the circumstances;)

BFCSaint
27th December 2007, 23:31
The Mighty Tangerine Army for moi of course ;)
Also a season ticket holder.

Trev The Bear
27th December 2007, 23:52
The Mighty Tangerine Army for moi of course ;)
Also a season ticket holder.

Good man!

alf wayliner
28th December 2007, 13:52
Good man!
I'm scrapping my Rover 827 and it's got the following number plate K73 BFC if you or any other of the tangerine dreamers are interested.

Saint Bert
28th December 2007, 14:00
I'm scrapping my Rover 827 and it's got the following number plate K73 BFC if you or any other of the tangerine dreamers are interested.

I'll give you 2 packets of crisps and a dime bar! :???:

Trev The Bear
28th December 2007, 14:01

I've got my saints number plate thanks all the same,if it had been k53 you may have generated a bit more interest.

Saint Bert
28th December 2007, 14:05

Sure it could be worth a couple of quid if you posted on a Blackpool forum.

alf wayliner
28th December 2007, 14:07
I've got my saints number plate thanks all the same,if it had been k53 you may have generated a bit more interest.
I'm not looking to get anything for it, I'm just saying I'm scrapping the car if anyone wants the registration they can have it, provided they pay the transfer costs if no one wants it then fine it goes to the yard with the car.