PDA

View Full Version : Car Hire in New Zealand

Reacher
5th December 2007, 15:49
I wonder if anyone can help. I am going to NZ with the missus in Feb for 3 weeks and are planning on travelling to the North and South Island. We were quoted car hire through our Travel Agent but to go to the South Island as well, you have to book the ferry tickets first and confirm your dates of the ferry trip before you even go. Then you have to leave your car on the North Island and pick a different one up on the South Island.

I dont like the idea of having to go on a date that you have told them as the idea of the holiday is to do what we want. If we want to stay in the North Island longer or go to the South Island earlier then we should be able to do that. I have looked at car hire on the Internet and it is a lot more expensive than the deal through our Travel Agent. I am just wondering if any of you have been to NZ and hired a car over there? Any suggestions as to companies etc that may not have come up on a Google search?

Thanks

Stu

PS I know I will miss a few games but at least can make the first two. May even try and take a Warriors game in over there although the girlfriend does not know that yet :D