PDA

View Full Version : Hatton V Mayweather

SaintJon
4th December 2007, 21:57
Is anyone going to be watching the fight? I've ordered it on sky box office with afew mates and it looks like its going to be a cracker with not alot people on this side of the atlantic being able 2 decide who is going to win this one, hatton's got the power and aggression yet mayweather has the speed and agility, it really is too close to call i would love it if ricky hatton won and i think he will in about the 7th or 8th round with another thunderous body shot ... who do u guys think will win? also has anyone been watching that hatton mayweather 24/7 on sky? its a cracking little 4 part series

danny_15
4th December 2007, 22:01
yer i am watching it i reckon Hatton will win in the 6th round

Blobbynator
4th December 2007, 22:18
I'll be getting it. It's the biggest fight I can remember since Lewis/Tyson, probably bigger as these two are at the peak of their powers. I hope Hatton knocks the cocky fecker out, but I have a feeling it's going to be very close to call and will probably go to a points decision.

SaintJon
4th December 2007, 22:35
its mayweathers cockiness that has sold the fight IMO, i mean dont get me wrong they are both great boxers but if mayweather was a very boring opponent and never insulted anyone and always polite etc would people be all that bothered?

he does try and act like Ali with his "trash talk" the only difference as Ali did it with abit of class

Blobbynator
4th December 2007, 22:48
its mayweathers cockiness that has sold the fight IMO, i mean dont get me wrong they are both great boxers but if mayweather was a very boring opponent and never insulted anyone and always polite etc would people be all that bothered?

You're not wrong, he's certainly made this fight alot more interesting with his trash talk. His attitude at the press conferences in Manchester was arrogant and cocky, but superb for us viewers and so was Hatton's response and the crowds response. People shouldn't forget how good a fighter Mayweather actually is though. Overall, it's going to be a superb night and I can't wait for this fight.

he does try and act like Ali with his "trash talk" the only difference as Ali did it with abit of class

Aye, you're spot on again. Ali was very endearing, whereas you can't say the same about Mayweather.

Beetle!
5th December 2007, 02:03
just watched that 24/7 programme, well one of em, and have to say i want Hatton to knock the cocky fecker out even more now!

R P McMurphy
5th December 2007, 11:51
He may be cocky but Maywather is pound for pound the best boxer in the world and will be regarded as one of the best of all time.
Ricky is going to have to be at his very best to have a chance of winning. He can do it though.
If he does it will be arguably the greatest victory by any British boxer.

slippery steve
5th December 2007, 15:43
There are a few pubs staying open right through the night in St Helens to show it.

Chicagos and the Sefton are certs I hear.

saint cross
5th December 2007, 17:19
Travel out early hours of the morning to Vegas. Cant wait just hope Ricky does the business even more so after splashing out 500 sheets for a ticket!!

SaintJon
5th December 2007, 18:46
There are a few pubs staying open right through the night in St Helens to show it.

Chicagos and the Sefton are certs I hear.

yeah i contemplated going 2 chicago but its going 2 be packed, you won't be able 2 see the screen probably also there will be more fighting there then in Las Vegas ;)

derek acorah
5th December 2007, 23:17
Im having my usual saturday night in town,then back to mine.Probably with a few of my mates,hopefully with Angel and Sapphire from the classy lap dance place;) what my wife will say is another thing,looks like i wont make 9.30 mass too.:eek:

Saint Bert
6th December 2007, 09:53
Private Party at mine, regulars can contact me if interested.

Agent Mulder
9th December 2007, 10:48
Ah well it just wasn't to be. I got up and watched it with my hubby. I was gutted he didn't beat the gobby mouth Merryweather.

DD
9th December 2007, 12:48
Just watched it 'as live'.

To be fair, Ricky was pretty much outclassed in there. Mayweather was just unstoppable. A great fighter.

SaintJon
9th December 2007, 12:53
yeah he was just a different class, like the commentator said ricky hatton is premier league ... mayweather is champions league, it is one of the best performances ive seen from a fighter in a long time and his jab is absoultly devastating, mayweather will go down as an all time great

i was absoultly gutted at 5:30 this morning, i don't know why but it felt like it was your mate that had just lost, it probably wont be but i hope this isnt the end for ricky hatton and he comes back better than ever but i'm not 2 sure whether he could stick it at welter weight

Blobbynator
9th December 2007, 13:31
As already said, he was completely outclassed. He looked a little out of his depth and it was ominous from about round 6 that defeat was on the cards with a few shots to the head. Hatton fought hard and was brave but was simply not good enough.

Mayweather was superb defensively and in football terms was a bit like Chelsea from a few years ago. He wasn't particularly flashy but he was rock solid defensively and picked his moments to strike perfectly. I don't think he could've boxed any better.

No excuses btw, but I felt the ref played it right into Mayweather's hands too. So fussy which was very frustrating early on. Not that it made a difference mind as Mayweather adapted to the fight conditions far better than Hatton.

Bridgey9
9th December 2007, 18:46
hing with mayweather is he's just so quick with his hands you cant get your head out the way and at the end of the fight i couldn't see a mark on him, his defensive play is just class with a pretty good attack aswell. Just hope ricky drops down a weight again.