PDA

View Full Version : Christmas Lights Alert!!!

RedVee Admin
16th November 2007, 21:33
A house, halfway up Borough Road on the way out of Town towards Pilks head office, has Christmas lights and decorations all over it.

IT'S FRICKIN NOVEMBER!!!

Post your sightings here!!

St Steve
16th November 2007, 21:40
Can we make this a sticky. People can post in their xmas lights alerts between now and the beginning of december

danny_15
17th November 2007, 21:08
theres normal some in haydock first turning before u past the wagon and horses

welshsaint
17th November 2007, 23:10
Worse.....went out shopping to another Welsh Town and not only did they turn on the Christmas lights in the main street but there was a long parade and then father christmas appeared with his reindeer :eek:

Shakespeare
18th November 2007, 00:41
Christmas lights started today in St Helens.

Christmas music was also playing in PC World.

Doogal
18th November 2007, 10:20
Christmas lights started today in St Helens.

Christmas music was also playing in PC World.

thats not good for advertising.

Paul Cullen's Mantra
18th November 2007, 11:09
thats not good for advertising.

.....It would have been catastrophic if it would have been Gary Glitter....you don't hear his classy Xmas ditty too much these days, do you?

SodIt the Hedgehog
18th November 2007, 12:00
15th October, Hard Lane - I'm sure we saw a Christmas tree lit up in somebody's living room.

Shocking.

Greengrass
18th November 2007, 12:00
Worse.....went out shopping to another Welsh Town and father christmas appeared with his reindeer :eek:

What! the real one, or was it some retired lamplighter dressed up with false horns stuck on to his neighbours Irish Wolf hound.

Paul Cullen's Mantra
18th November 2007, 12:35
Worse.....went out shopping to another Welsh Town and not only did they turn on the Christmas lights in the main street but there was a long parade and then father christmas appeared with his reindeer :eek:

Dave Hadfield and Gareth Hock?;) ;) ;) ;)

welshsaint
18th November 2007, 13:36
What! the real one, or was it some retired lamplighter dressed up with false horns stuck on to his neighbours Irish Wolf hound.

OMG does this mean that the 20 elves weren't real either?.....gutted

DirtyPrettyThing
18th November 2007, 22:03
A house, halfway up Borough Road on the way out of Town towards Pilks head office, has Christmas lights and decorations all over it.

IT'S FRICKIN NOVEMBER!!!

Post your sightings here!!

They've had those lights up for a few weeks now. Nut jobs!! Ours go up 12 days before, but may go up a little earlier this year cos of the baby (not that she knows what the hell's going on like).

RedVee Admin
19th November 2007, 10:35
B&Q playing seasonal tunes and I don't mean traditional November songs.

House at bottom of Park Road, Fingerpost, done up like Blackpool.

There's NO NEED for it.

THELAST3YARDS
19th November 2007, 11:25
B&Q playing seasonal tunes and I don't mean traditional November songs.

House at bottom of Park Road, Fingerpost, done up like Blackpool.

There's NO NEED for it.

I nearly crashed when I saw that :eek:

leeroy
19th November 2007, 11:28
You bunch of Scrooges !!! ;)

I personally dont think there is anything wrong with it , christmas , however comercial it may now be is all about being merry and spreading cheer. My little one loves seeing all these lights up now , he's getting excited now knowing it nots to long till christmas and im sure any other kids are the same , and that that to me is a good thing seeing kids smiling and knowing they gotta be good for santa ;) !!!

So merry christmas everyone !!! :p

RedVee Admin
19th November 2007, 12:43
but it is long to Christmas! by the time it happens, the thrill of the decorations will have well and truly worn off.

Trev The Bear
19th November 2007, 13:02
They've had those lights up for a few weeks now. Nut jobs!! Ours go up 12 days before, but may go up a little earlier this year cos of the baby (not that she knows what the hell's going on like).

Then why put them up earlier?

House in billinge,illuminated to death before bommy night....WHY???:???:

DirtyPrettyThing
19th November 2007, 14:33
Then why put them up earlier?

Because my mum wants to :rolleyes:

Barbarian
19th November 2007, 18:42
You bunch of Scrooges !!! ;)

I personally dont think there is anything wrong with it , christmas , however comercial it may now be is all about being merry and spreading cheer. My little one loves seeing all these lights up now , he's getting excited now knowing it nots to long till christmas and im sure any other kids are the same , and that that to me is a good thing seeing kids smiling and knowing they gotta be good for santa ;) !!!

So merry christmas everyone !!! :p

Theres nothing wrong with that, IF IT WAS NEAR CHRISTMAS!

BubbleSheep
19th November 2007, 18:54
Two houses on West End Road, Haydock, got them up, noticed them on the way home :eek:

leeroy
19th November 2007, 19:28
Theres nothing wrong with that, IF IT WAS NEAR CHRISTMAS!

ITS GREAT !!! AND ITS NEARLY CHRISTMAS !!! ;)

danny_15
19th November 2007, 20:49
theres 1 round my street how sad are people putting them up so early

saintallymow
19th November 2007, 22:22
House on Knowsley Road, same block as the Crispy Cod, got Pink Fairy Lights in the window and some tinsel inside, couldn't see more than that but they were definitely Christmas decorations!

Shakespeare
19th November 2007, 22:30
House on Knowsley Road, same block as the Crispy Cod, got Pink Fairy Lights in the window and some tinsel inside, couldn't see more than that but they were definitely Christmas decorations!

http://www.bigeyes.ca/pix/mgirl_binoculars_600x400.jpg

'couldn't see more than that but they were definitely Christmas decorations!'

Reacher
19th November 2007, 22:58
theres normal some in haydock first turning before u past the wagon and horses

That has featured on Granada Reports before. Is quite famous in Haydock now believe it or not. I could not be arsed with the hassle myself but there you go. lol

daves
20th November 2007, 00:05
Bah,humbug.

Agent Mulder
21st November 2007, 00:46
Just been informed that next doors are going up at the weekend.

Beetle!
22nd November 2007, 18:09
A lad in work has decorated his sorting frame with a tree and tinsel, more to take the •••• more than anything though i reckon!

Hoppes
22nd November 2007, 18:18
Saw some up in Parr a few weeks ago. I suppose it brightens up that s**thole

Duke Eddington
22nd November 2007, 19:39
The annual 'Light-off' between the 2 houses facing each other near to Beamans/towards The Golden Lion, has commenced. With one starting early to get the upper hand.

fye
23rd November 2007, 10:57
Not sure if its been put, cos I cant be bothered scrolling through, but I noticed on Ashton Rd in Newton last night had theres up

THELAST3YARDS
23rd November 2007, 11:01
Slightly different but I saw the coke advert today.

Can't be far away now

RedVee Admin
23rd November 2007, 11:05
I saw the Coke advert last night and promptly told the kids that a multi-national American corporate company officially invented Christmas and so get to tell us each year when to start our "holiday season".

Despite my claim to the contrary, the holidays are upon us.

I ****ing hate those American ****s and their ****ing stupid vocabulary.

Shakespeare
23rd November 2007, 12:03
I know Stew! Hes only called Santa Claus because the idiots couldn't pronounce Sinterklaas!

DAMN YOU AMERICA!

THELAST3YARDS
23rd November 2007, 13:42
I know Stew! Hes only called Santa Claus because the idiots couldn't pronounce Sinterklaas!

DAMN YOU AMERICA!

Surely it is Saintsareklass ;)

Sparky
28th November 2007, 14:24

DAMN YOU AMERICA!

Isnt it a multi million pound American organisation that writes the software that is installed on the Pc's that you sell? Also taking into account that probably 90 percent of everything that you sell was produced in the United States! Not bad for us idiots!!!

RedVee Admin
28th November 2007, 14:46
Coke writes the software?

I would wager that 90% of everything that Shakey sells was NOT produced in the US & A.

Sparky
28th November 2007, 18:22
Coke writes the software?

I would wager that 90% of everything that Shakey sells was NOT produced in the US & A.

No, I think that you will find that Coke dont actually write anything. Coca Cola on the other hand, which is the company that i assume you are complaining about produce carbonated soft drinks! The reply that i posted was actually referring to Mr Shakespeare claiming that Americans are idiots to which i was implying that the company that he works for actually rely's quite heavily on those so called Idiots. I understand the fact that some people could be upset with the timing of certian TV commercials but i haven't seen any posts regarding Argos, Boots or Woolworths who have been advertising since the start of November! Coca Cola in 1931 took an idea to promote their product and have used it to make them a multi billion pound company. Would we be complaining if ourselves benefited from this income, i think not. The true meaning of christmas has been lost over the years and i agree that it has become a very profitable time of year to which certain organisations do take advantage, but i don't think that it is right to brandish people idiot's or otherwise no matter what their nationality may be.

Agent Mulder
28th November 2007, 18:53
Isnt it a multi million pound American organisation that writes the software that is installed on the Pc's that you sell? Also taking into account that probably 90 percent of everything that you sell was produced in the United States! Not bad for us idiots!!!

Slightly O/T here. .....What a good thread to post on with your user name. Made me laugh for a minute.

Knight Shadow
28th November 2007, 19:53

erm yes they are idiots...look at the muppit in charge has trashed the economy, as for the computer power, the computer was invented in the UK called colossus and was first used in blechley park in WW2 so yea with out us there would be no platform for the USA to work from and before you give me a full page rant don't bother because i don't fancy writing a monologue today to reply to you..ne who as for Christmases lights the Danish people do it rather late as they are only putting the lights up over hear today!

RedVee Admin
29th November 2007, 01:56
The true meaning of christmas has been lost over the years
Thanks to the Americans.

Just like WWE main events, they have something special happening every month to maximise commercial gain.

November = Thanksgiving.
December = Christmas.
January = Superbowl.
February = Ground Hog Day

and so on ad nauseum.

You see I don't necessarily have a problem with the American people (apart from them being obese, nauseating, arrogant, brash and generally rude with some bizarre notion that we all talk like ****ers) but as only a tiny proportion of them have passports, they are not likely to come mythering over here.

I do have a problem with us being the 51st State though. We are not: President Bush, Bill Gates, Bugs Bunny, Jesus and all the other capitalist facist dictators who decree when and where and on what, we spend our money, can go **** themselves.

ps. If anyone wants to join me for a proper pagan winter solstice ceremony, I will be chopping down a tree to take indoors on December the 21st in Sherdley Park.

RedVee Admin
29th November 2007, 02:00
Oh aye, I just checked the manufacturing country of all my IT equipment.

Not one is US & A. Even my daughter's iPod, designed in California, was assembled in China.

Stick that in your Grand Canyon Uncle Sam.

Shakespeare
29th November 2007, 02:11
Clearly you think that i actually believe what i said, rather than just taking it as tongue in cheek humour.

God bless you!

GOD BLESS EVERYONE!

p.s. The Santa Claus think is true though.

the_messiah_saint
30th November 2007, 02:06
Clearly you think that i actually believe what i said, rather than just taking it as tongue in cheek humour.

God bless you!

GOD BLESS EVERYONE!

p.s. The Santa Claus think is true though.

••••ed my sides at that one shakes lol lol lol

Noah Sleeroader
30th November 2007, 02:26
The Santa Claus think is true though.

Pretty damn close bud, it's a corruption of the Netherlands phrase for Saint Nicholas.
All these (pseudo) christian knobs who rant about "the true meaning of christmas" should research the origins of such things as christmas trees, Rudolph & his mates, Santa's red & white suit etc. With luck they will be unpleasantly surprised.

RedVee Admin
30th November 2007, 10:59
Sorry to burst any religious bubbles here but:

Jesus was born on the first day of the Feast of Tabernacles in the year 5 BCE.

The reason why the Inn was full was because all the Jews had come to Jerusalem for the Feast of Tabernacles and their numbers had overspilled into accommodation at Bethlehem.

The Hebrew year is 354 days long compared to our solar year of 365.24 days. It can then be calculated that the first day of the Feast of Tabernacles in 5 BCE was during the solar month of SEPTEMBER.

Religion and it's preachers TELL LIES.

Fact QED.

Shakespeare
30th November 2007, 11:05
Sorry to burst any religious bubbles here but:

Jesus was born on the first day of the Feast of Tabernacles in the year 5 BCE.

The reason why the Inn was full was because all the Jews had come to Jerusalem for the Feast of Tabernacles and their numbers had overspilled into accommodation at Bethlehem.

The Hebrew year is 354 days long compared to our solar year of 365.24 days. It can then be calculated that the first day of the Feast of Tabernacles in 5 BCE was during the solar month of SEPTEMBER.

Religion and it's preachers TELL LIES.

Fact QED.

The Bible makes no mention of when he was born. The date came around a lot later on. It now coincides with a Pagan celebration.

RedVee Admin
30th November 2007, 11:17
Because the date of Jesus' birth had been forgotten, a day had to be selected. The Eastern Orthodox and the Eastern Rite churches chose January 6 while the Western church, based in Rome, chose December 25. It is known from a notice in an ancient Roman almanac that Christmas was first celebrated on December 25 in Rome in AD 336.

BAH HUMBUG!

I shall be celebrating Saturnalia during the winter solstice.
The celebration of the birth of the sun god, Sol Invictus.

Incidentally. the LIARS in the churches do preach that you should only have one god and that you'll be burnt in hell if you have more than one. So people ignore Sol Invictus. But celebrate a carpenter's birthday 3 months late, on Sol Invictus' birthday.

HYPOCRITES and LIARS

Cedarman
30th November 2007, 11:18
The Bible makes no mention of when he was born. The date came around a lot later on. It now coincides with a Pagan celebration.

..................................and people said the DaVinci code was fake :eek: :eek:

RedVee Admin
30th November 2007, 11:18
Santa: nice bloke who gives you nice shit
Jesus: ranting hippie who casts damnation upon you

welshsaint
30th November 2007, 17:45
Ba humbug. I hate Christmas........so I'm off to North Africa. Just sun and peace......bliss

Shakespeare
30th November 2007, 17:47
Ba humbug. I hate Christmas........so I'm off to North Africa. Just sun and peace......bliss

Cool. Where abouts?

Or are you meaning somewhere like Tenerife or Egypt?

welshsaint
30th November 2007, 17:53
Starting at Tunis and going round some archaeology and then going down to the edge of the Sahara

are you blind ref
30th November 2007, 19:57
Drove through Fingerpost last night and it looked like there'd been a power cut - guess they'd all put their Christmas lights on at the same time :D

bongo
1st December 2007, 03:09
it has served us well, this mith of Christ. -Pope Leo X, 16th century.

Agent Mulder
1st December 2007, 20:15
Been to Christmas Tree Land this morning and bought our tree. It will be going up tomorrow. lol (my hubby's idea he is like a big kid at this time of the year.)