PDA

View Full Version : Eastenders

bozzy!
13th November 2007, 23:16
I will never ever watch this show again. i was apalled to hear what was said between minty and jase.

for those of you who dont know. jase apparently used to be in a football firm, and he has turned his back on it and left it, well they came looking for him and caused a load of commotion in the vic in which honey got hurt, whilst at the hospital, minty said to jase and i quote ' "First your lot got us kicked out of Europe for 5 years when you got penned in at Heysel and then we had Hillsborough".

this to me and every other liverpool fan i know, is implying that hillsborough was caused by hooligans, absolutely disgraceful, how can they pass such dialogue when there is an ongoing fight for justice?

i for one have sent an official complaint to the b*c and ofcom, demanding a public apology.

liverpool fans, i urge you to do the same, after all the B*c currently employ the lying ba**ard that is kelvin mackenzie!.

bozzy!
13th November 2007, 23:23
here is the actual dialogue of what was said

"MINTY : I once saw a row on a train two firms, horrible. I'm a big bloke and not alot bothers me but it was terrifying women and kids and all caught up in it,them two firms all beered up kicking and punching and they didn't care who got in their way aren't you ashamed of that"

JASON : " I wasn't there..... "

MINTY : " 5 years out of Europe cos of Heysel cos they penned you in, to stop you fighting on the pitch so then what do we end up with Hillsborough"

JASON : "Heysel Hillsborough both those tragedies broke my heart what we got up to was a world apart, only people who wanted to be there were there.... "

MINTY : "what possible pleasure could you get out of that ?"

roby lights up my senses
13th November 2007, 23:23
Thats grim ! People dont think what they are saying these days

RedVee Admin
14th November 2007, 09:46
I think the cast of Eastenders know exactly what they are saying.

Blobbynator
14th November 2007, 12:08
WTF where you doing watching Eastenders in the 1st place? :???:

RedVee Admin
14th November 2007, 12:19
I wasn't. I only watch it when I'm feeling suicidal to remind me that things could be a damn sight worse.

Cedarman
14th November 2007, 12:27
5 years out of Europe cos of Heysel cos they penned you in, to stop you fighting on the pitch so then what do we end up with Hillsborough

....but factually that is correct :???:

R P McMurphy
14th November 2007, 13:16
I would rather stick pins in my eyes then watch Eastenders however how I read it it implies that due to the Hooligan problems of the 1970's, 80's we ended up with the fencing in of fans which was one of the main factors in the Hillsborough Tragedy.

Therefore implying that the hooligans ( of all clubs) of the previous 20 years had indirectly led to the events of that day rather then any hooligan activity on the actual day.

DD
14th November 2007, 16:55
here is the actual dialogue of what was said

"MINTY : I once saw a row on a train two firms, horrible. I'm a big bloke and not alot bothers me but it was terrifying women and kids and all caught up in it,them two firms all beered up kicking and punching and they didn't care who got in their way aren't you ashamed of that"

JASON : " I wasn't there..... "

MINTY : " 5 years out of Europe cos of Heysel cos they penned you in, to stop you fighting on the pitch so then what do we end up with Hillsborough"

JASON : "Heysel Hillsborough both those tragedies broke my heart what we got up to was a world apart, only people who wanted to be there were there.... "

MINTY : "what possible pleasure could you get out of that ?"

Right. So you have missed the point totally then haven't you?

The point that he is making is that we ended up with Hillsborough because the fans were penned in!

Fact of the matter is, if it wasn't for hooliganism as a whole, over the years, then Hillsborough would never have happened, because there would be no fences around the pitch.

Your paranoia has reached epidemic proportions on this one.

You are the one that should be sending the BBC an apology now. lol

Div
14th November 2007, 17:39
Never seen a single episode ever. lol

Bainsey
14th November 2007, 21:20
I wasn't. I only watch it when I'm feeling suicidal to remind me that things could be a damn sight worse.

Didnt Kerry Katona say EXACTLY the same thing whilst doing the infamous GMTV interview recently? :eek: ;)

Paul Cullen's Mantra
14th November 2007, 21:23

Isn't that what the average Goon fan says:D :D :D :D

Saint_Viper
14th November 2007, 21:49

The point that he is making is that we ended up with Hillsborough because the fans were penned in!

Fact of the matter is, if it wasn't for hooliganism as a whole, over the years, then Hillsborough would never have happened, because there would be no fences around the pitch.

Thats exactly how i interpreted the dialogue. (sorry for spelling)

However, it was a bit insensitive to use both disasters in a soap, no matter what context it was used in.

ScouseSaint
14th November 2007, 22:32
This is why you should stick with Corrie.....

THELAST3YARDS
14th November 2007, 22:55
This could have been a Brass Eye topic!

quirkesboots
15th November 2007, 19:15

Spot on . Their easy to jump down anyones throat who mentions that sad day ,Yet come last may in Athens i think a few of them forgot what happened at hillsborough

DirtyPrettyThing
18th November 2007, 22:08

lol

Shakespeare
18th November 2007, 22:42

Never.

Minty has the bad aids.

Noah Sleeroader
19th November 2007, 01:36

Damn right it could, would push "Cake" outta sight. lol lol

RedVee Admin
19th November 2007, 10:14
Never seen a single episode ever. lol
Prove it! ;)

RedVee Admin
19th November 2007, 10:16
Didnt Kerry Katona say EXACTLY the same thing whilst doing the infamous GMTV interview recently? :eek: ;)
I AM Kerry Katona.

Didn't Al Murray, the Pub Landlord, also call Eastenders the ultimate feelgood show? Great minds thinking alike is not a new phenomenon.

The Greatest
20th November 2007, 09:46
I will never ever watch this show again. i was apalled to hear what was said between minty and jase.

for those of you who dont know. jase apparently used to be in a football firm, and he has turned his back on it and left it, well they came looking for him and caused a load of commotion in the vic in which honey got hurt, whilst at the hospital, minty said to jase and i quote ' "First your lot got us kicked out of Europe for 5 years when you got penned in at Heysel and then we had Hillsborough".

this to me and every other liverpool fan i know, is implying that hillsborough was caused by hooligans, absolutely disgraceful, how can they pass such dialogue when there is an ongoing fight for justice?

i for one have sent an official complaint to the b*c and ofcom, demanding a public apology.

liverpool fans, i urge you to do the same, after all the B*c currently employ the lying ba**ard that is kelvin mackenzie!.

oh dear :D

Talk about proffesional scousers who live in perpetual outrage.

Greengrass
20th November 2007, 13:22
I am sorry but anyone who watches rubbish like Coronation St and Eastenders needs professional help but people who take offence at what these actors are saying are past help and their families have my deepest sympathy. ITS NOT REAL.

ploughman
20th November 2007, 13:33
perhaps our friend from anfield can answer the following questions

who were pinching tickets from liverpool fans at athens ?

who were storming the turnstiles at athens trying to get in without tickets?

why did this not go on at the milan end of the ground?

hillsborough was a truly shocking episode in our countrys history and should never be forgotten.but please let it rest.

i have no axe to grind regarding football teams.i am just a neutaral observer