PDA

View Full Version : Shaking dog

quirkesboots
4th November 2007, 19:52
Anybody elses dog shitin it with the fireworks cant stop mine shaking

BubbleSheep
4th November 2007, 20:12
My cat's hiding under the kitchen table, and won't come out.

Paul Cullen's Mantra
4th November 2007, 20:19
My mutt doesn't seem too fussed....perhaps he is deaf or is still in a hypnotic trance after listening to Stevo last night.

derek acorah
4th November 2007, 20:57
Cat Molly is asleep on the bonquet,cat Sonny is asleep in front of the fire and cat Tilly is shaking like a junkies hand.Its not too bad at the mo,though i expect the usual flurry of explosions at about 3am:eek:

quirkesboots
4th November 2007, 21:03
my dog is ok but the bitch has been panting for the last 2 hours

RedVee Admin
4th November 2007, 22:21
Smear calpol (kids paracetamol medicine) on bread and give it to the dog then put the dog in a small dark room with a radio playing loudly and the dog will chill out. I used to have a border collie and found 2 spoonfuls did the trick so adjust the amount to suit your dog's size.

RedVee Admin
4th November 2007, 22:27
DISCLAIMER. It's not my fault if your dog dies of a paracetamol overdose. My vet told me it's ok to give dogs paracetamol and mine suffered no ill effects from it so all I'm offering is my experience, copy it at your own risk.

THELAST3YARDS
4th November 2007, 22:45
MY DOG JUST DIED AT 22.25 :eek:

Greengrass
4th November 2007, 23:14
Our dogs were never bothered in fact I used to walk them on bonfire night they never flinched.

maledon
5th November 2007, 02:45
I've had my boxer out tonight for a walk and she wasn't too bad.

She goes out every night for an hour regardless. The first few nights this year she was very jumpy but she's got better. She still doesn't like them overhead but has grown used to them now. I think you need to do it from a young age with dogs though...she's only 12mnths old so hasn't really had time to become scared stiff of them.
She goes off her lead every night in Sutton Park and she has had the odd night a 1st where she wanted to just go home but they DO get used to them in a fashion. I personally think it does more damage if you pamper and molly-coddle them if they're a bit scared.If they're obviously terrified then thats a different matter.Don't get me wrong,I love my dog but I made a point of taking her out on her nightly walk to at least try and get her used to them. I watched her all the time and if she seemed to be getting distressed then she would have gone home,but she was ok after a few jumpy moments.
She actually loved the bright lights and watching them but its the bangs she wasn't keen on at 1st,but now she doesn't even flinch at most of them.
But boxers are loonies at the best of times so not really surprised!

Beetle!
5th November 2007, 10:58
My German shepherd really isn't bothered by fireworks either, He's more interested in trying to get out of the house to see what all the fuss is about!

roby lights up my senses
6th November 2007, 20:09
lol all your dogs are crapping it and i have got a horse and he's absolutley fine. usually with horses they see a plastic bag and jump a mile but fireworks no problem ;)

Paul Cullen's Mantra
6th November 2007, 20:13
lol all your dogs are crapping it and i have got a horse and he's absolutley fine. usually with horses they see a plastic bag and jump a mile but fireworks no problem ;)

Did you nick that quote from Brian Noble?(re:his reference to FEKA):D :D :D :D :D

roby lights up my senses
6th November 2007, 23:16
eh ?