PDA

View Full Version : Energy Saving Ideas

Two Wheeled Saint
2nd November 2007, 21:26
At work I'm looking into further energy savings, if you have any good ideas or if at work a system or change in working methods etc went well and saved money please post them on here.
It may help others on here plus give me ideas to take to work.

Cheers one and all.

TWS

The Greatest
2nd November 2007, 22:32
So in short, you want us to come up with great ideas so you can take the credit for them at work? lol

Anyhows, I have one for you. Get the people at work to work harder and sweat more by beating the lazy ones with sticks. If your particularly inventive, you could hook them up to a heat exchanger system that is piped into the radiators and use them to heat the water. You wouldnt generate too much heat from it, but at least it would give you a laugh.

Two Wheeled Saint
2nd November 2007, 23:01
So in short, you want us to come up with great ideas so you can take the credit for them at work? lol

Anyhows, I have one for you. Get the people at work to work harder and sweat more by beating the lazy ones with sticks. If your particularly inventive, you could hook them up to a heat exchanger system that is piped into the radiators and use them to heat the water. You wouldnt generate too much heat from it, but at least it would give you a laugh.

Yes!, and we already have one of them it's named "the owner"

Syd
2nd November 2007, 23:21
What line of work are you in bro?
I hope everyone switches off their monitors when not in use, if of course your business uses PC monitors? And of course lights are switched off, maybe put a sticker under the light saying "save power swtich me off" ...

Anyways, whats the business?

Two Wheeled Saint
3rd November 2007, 00:03
I work in Hotelier-ing. We have 33 hotels so things like turning monitors off happened a while ago. The biggest problem is guests leaving TV's on, to be fair, they will leave them on "so people think there is someone in the room" (like that's not known by Mr. Thief)
I'm very interested in the likes of wind power etc , I was hoping some very knowledgeable person on here could direct me in the right direction (so to speak)

Paul Cullen's Mantra
4th November 2007, 13:08
Get Sean Long in as a consultant....He is an expert in energy saving matters.

Two Wheeled Saint
4th November 2007, 13:11
B-dum-tishhhh

Paul Cullen's Mantra
4th November 2007, 13:18
How about selling the business, making everyone redundant. Thus, all your employees would be saving energy by not coming to work, the carbon footprint would be reduced and you could live off the profits of the sale in the Maldives?

Two Wheeled Saint
4th November 2007, 13:22
Fresh glue this morning?

Paul Cullen's Mantra
4th November 2007, 13:28
Fresh glue this morning?

So you have finally found the key to increased efficiency, getting those who work for you high on glue?Not very ethical, but I suppose if it makes the business greener I suppose you can accept your promotion, and the title, "Employer of the Month", with a great deal of pride.:D :D

Two Wheeled Saint
4th November 2007, 13:37
I use the glue to stick them to their seats and stop breaks, works wonders.

Paul Cullen's Mantra
4th November 2007, 13:39
I use the glue to stick them to their seats and stop breaks, works wonders.

Your hard man.....You must have learned your trade with my boss.

are you blind ref
4th November 2007, 19:30
Low energy light bulbs if you don't already use them. Must be lots of lights in a hotel.

Syd
4th November 2007, 23:26
Grow your own veg, grow cows to and murder em for when you need a chicken casserole. Wash on a 30 degree wash instead of 40 deg's, tell your guests they dont get their bed linen and towels changed unles they ask or leave in a pile in a corner. Tons of solar pannels on your roof, or in a non used part of hotel grounds and link them in to run say the kitchen? Or cant u sell the electricity back to the national grid, sure you can?