PDA

View Full Version : too many favourites in gb squad

badlydrawnsaint
2nd November 2007, 17:40
couldnt help notice he brought back the leeds favourites what a supprise.mcguire will get injured again because he tackles like a girl in the playground.

Billinge Lump
2nd November 2007, 18:18
Who should he have picked instead?

Knight Shadow
2nd November 2007, 18:29
Who should he have picked instead?

bob on mate it is the best team we can send out, faith is in smiths knolage of the game but will be close as NZ wont lie down and die

Div
2nd November 2007, 18:33
Well Leeds are the current Champions and to be fair he has pretty much picked the squad on form. He has picked Wello who had a rare below par game last week too.

danny_15
2nd November 2007, 18:58
Roby missing from gb line up

badlydrawnsaint
2nd November 2007, 19:53
i thought they all playedwell last week and should have retained the team barring injuries.we are short on centres maybe give yeaman a run out and give senior a rest.

Kal-El
2nd November 2007, 20:17
Roby missing from gb line up

Try reading some of the other threads on this forum mate:cool:

Sadfish
2nd November 2007, 20:22
top two teams all season and they are the most represented in GB colours tomorrow, exactly as it should be.

remember in 1999 I think it was , wigan won nowt and supplied 9 of the GB team, unbeleveiably we lost all the matches.

Kal-El
2nd November 2007, 20:28
top two teams all season and they are the most represented in GB colours tomorrow, exactly as it should be.

Dead right, if we're to make any headway in the international game, then, just like other sports, the squad HAS to be chosen from the best available. No silly nonsense as has gone on in the past such as ensuring lower clubs have 'A' representative in an effort to make it look fair!

AnonymousSaint
4th November 2007, 23:59
Sean O'Loughlin

So True !!

Noah Sleeroader
5th November 2007, 01:59
NZ wont lie down and die

50% correct bud, they didn't die.

Knight Shadow
5th November 2007, 09:25
50% correct bud, they didn't die.

50% is better than stevo has done though he is spot on with his prdiction so far for the series!

Greengrass
5th November 2007, 09:48
Sean O'Loughlin

To be fair to Shirley Temple he hasn't played badly and kept his place on merit as much as it galls me to say it.

DD
5th November 2007, 11:06
I thought the Leeds contingent were superb.

I dojn't know how, but they all look fresh as daisies, like they could go on playing for another six months.

Whether it will all catch up on them next year remains to be seen.

Scouse Don
5th November 2007, 11:16
He can carry on picking his favourites at this rate............you can only beat what's in front of you and we did that comprehensively.Amazing what happens when you play players IN position !!

rob
5th November 2007, 13:42
If anything I thought Tony Smith was the first GB coach in a long while not to pick players just based on "favourites". Look at his decision to drop Newton in favour of Clarke - as much as I hate Newton I thought it was the wrong decision. Looking at the scoreline I think he was right! For too long the GB side has either pandered for "inclusion" of players from the whole league, or just gone with the "old guard" for the sake of it. Finally we're winning something now that there's competition for places!

sale_mike
8th November 2007, 00:18
Fair play to the Tony Smith. He seems to have gone against the long-held belief that it's harder to get out of the GB team once you're in it than it is to break into the team when you're not.

If only he can look beyond Gleeson and Senior then the job is done. Yeaman and Atkins for example.

Dux
8th November 2007, 10:16
Fair play to the Tony Smith. He seems to have gone against the long-held belief that it's harder to get out of the GB team once you're in it than it is to break into the team when you're not.

If only he can look beyond Gleeson and Senior then the job is done. Yeaman and Atkins for example.

Yeaman hasn't been fit. Atkins is gash.