PDA

View Full Version : Edmondson signed for....

mrnike22
30th October 2007, 21:11
Castleford, just read it on teletext

Paul Cullen's Mantra
30th October 2007, 21:30
He has left one relegated club in 2007, and joined on that will be relegated in 2008........not the best career move I would suggest.

Blobbynator
30th October 2007, 21:32
He has left one relegated club in 2007, and joined on that will be relegated in 2008........not the best career move I would suggest.

There's no relegation in 2008.

Buddy
30th October 2007, 22:26
There's no relegation in 2008.

I think the point is the same though.

It looks like a case of 6 months in the sun has ruined his career.

DD
31st October 2007, 11:08

The point isn't the same though. He has joined a club that now has a secure Super League future so, for his career, it's just about the best possible move. No bigger or better club would want him.

He goes to a place where he has a good chance of regular first team action and he is in the top flight.

Mark Edmondson was never more than a journeyman pro who just looked good to the casual observer because he was a prop that had a bit of pace and scored a hat-trick against Wigan.

RedVee Admin
31st October 2007, 11:35

He got top wedge and a tan. He ain't complaining.

Barbarian
31st October 2007, 11:37
How has his career gone down so fast though?

DD
31st October 2007, 12:18

He was a good to average player in a great side. In reality he has found his true level.

Eddie Hemmings' Wig
31st October 2007, 13:11

he was never going to be a world-beater at Saints - he did a good job, but he is at the level now he was always destined for.

Dont get me wrong, i really liked him and i dont think i've seen many players try harder and I woudlnt mind him back as a back-up to the Saints squad now - but he would never feature in the first choice starting lineup

Brimah Kebbie
31st October 2007, 14:01
I thought he was pap to be honest, and was amazed when he signed for Sydney. Was never a prop in my eyes as was more of a second rower.

peter soutos tash
31st October 2007, 21:03
not as amazed as mark was..anyway he was a good lad and i for one wish him well